TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 12, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through November 12, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So the judges know less about dancing and/or are not objective?

I thought both Karamo and Kat were working hard, enjoying themselves and entertaining. And I thought Sailor was fine as well, just no fan base.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
bpeach that’s according to Carieanne. That seems far fetched that the voters are wanting to stick it to the judges. She’s wanting to make it about her.

Maybe Tom was on to something, he knew ppl would hate him simply because of his politics.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So the judges know less about dancing and/or are not objective?

The judges "may" be objective about dancing skills. But clearly that's not what this show is all about because if it was then the judges would have the only votes. It's never been that way.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Kate Flanney on Spicers popularity
https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/06/the-office-kate-flannery-sean-spicer-trump-dancing-with-the-stars/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, those are interesting stats!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rvon, Spicey isn't a "politician" (actually he never was). He is now employed as a correspondent/journalist for Extra (and, reiterating once again, he hasn't worked for the WH for over two years).

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Remember Mr P just stood there while the pro twirled around him. A website called "Vote for the Worse" thought it was funny to encourage non viewers to vote on line.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
By the way, I don't vote (heck, I have barely watched this season), but I probably wouldn't vote for Mr. Spicer. I much prefer James and Emma or Lauren and Gleb (and yes, just because I remember Lauren from American Idol and I like her so in that respect it would be a "popularity" thing).

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Didn't Omerosa appear on a season of DTWS? I think it was before her White House days. She did Celebrity BB after leaving the White House.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is there a show that Omarosa has NOT appeared on?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't remember Omarosa on DWTS. I didn't start watching DWTS until Lisa Vanderpump's season (which I believe was also Gleb's first season).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't think she has been on it either.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Vsmart, yes, Master P was the worst they ever had!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
If James doesnt win this season I will be bummed. Other than that, whatever order they go out doesnt much matter. I'd like Kel and Ally to round up the top 3

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There was lots of talk, but she was not on DWTS.

She did predict what has happened.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/omarosa-thinks-trump-will-help-sean-spicer-win-dancing-stars-1233985

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Omarosa has not been on DWTS. Link

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If they don't announce that Sean is eliminated tonight, I think he should take himself out instead. Yes, it's popularity but there is dance component to it also. Compared to the others remaining, he cannot dance.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sean doesn't bother me at all. He is still trying hard, but just doesn't have the dancing gene.

Me, I'm ready for Ally or Lauren to go. Ally has been in the bottom a couple of weeks and saved. Clearly she's good, but whether Sean is there or not, she does not have the votes to stay. Not sure what it is about Lauren, but I could care less if she stayed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
MSN had a long article with all the issues, including the voting for only half of the country.

But a new issue is that they said that viewership has dropped. I had not heard that.

I was on my computer which would not let me copy the long url..

Let me look.

Ah.. For once something works better on a tablet.

link

quote:

And if Trump supporters or even those delighting in perceived liberal outrage at Spicer's survival team up to back him, their votes go further these days: This season, "Dancing" is averaging just 7.9 million viewers within seven days, its lowest-rated turnout and a far cry from the 20-million-plus viewers that watched during the veteran competition's heyday.

That is a big drop in viewers but I imagine what is looked at more is ratings compared to other shows on that night and day of the week..

Personally, I have dropped The Voice and keep watching 9-1-1 and DWTS, but I may consider going back to The Voice.

Tonight is Boy Band night,which I assume is more popular with many viewers. Not really my thing, but I hope it is fun and the guest judges do not go crazy with wonky scores.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Meh, boy bands,I’ll skip it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sean has such joy being there, it makes me sad the judges are so mean in their comments. I hope he goes just so he doesnt have to endure them being mean again. it's not his fault he is still there. I bet they give him 2s tonite

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Sean is gone. Finalllllllllllllly!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 11, 2019 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thankful for TheSupremes!!! The rest of theten music, not so thankful for that.

I don't think they were mean. Sean was kind of pissy over his scores and played the Veteran card..

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
<< Sean was kind of pissy over his scores and played the Veteran card..>>

I don't think he played any "card" he THANKED the Veterans for their service, he appreciated and respected them. (The only star to do so, and it wasn't even mentioned by Tom or Erin until after Sean did...and on Veteran's Day).

As for being pissy I thought he graciously stood there week after week and took their criticisms and comments with a smile, never said a word back to them (as has been so common in seasons past).

I was not sad to see him go, it had to happen as the judges and producers were going to make sure it did because they didn't want another Bobby Bones type win again this year. It would not have mattered if he'd have gotten 100% of the viewer vote they'd let it go on as long as they could, he had to go. The judges overinflated everyone's score to 9's and 10's to be sure it happened. Most of those dances last night were not 10 score quality. How does someone make mistakes and get critical comments and still get 10's?

All that being said, I watch this show to be entertained, to enjoy the progress of the dancing, to laugh and smile. I've done that this season so it's been a success for me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The only dance I watched last night was Ally's and quite honestly I didn't think it deserved all the 10s. It was a good dance but at the beginning she got her feet mixed up and the judges didn't say a word about it (I think those high boots were a huge mistake). It was a great dance but was it perfect? Nope.