TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through November 06, 2019 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
One more time Naja... Trump was having a MAGA rally in Kentucky on Monday night when the show was on. That was not POTUS tweeting - it was someone in his communications department.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I admit that my friends and I are voting 20 times every week for Sean. But then again, we were so pissed off at Tom Bergeron we couldn't see straight. And, quite frankly, we are enjoying his misery as well as that of Erin and Carrie Anne.

And, for the record, I am not on Twitter following any of the conservative accounts that are promoting Sean.

And Jimmer, I totally agree with everything you said in your 7:24 a.m. post.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was not POTUS tweeting - it was someone in his communications department.

I’m not sure that matters though. It still is his Twitter account and reflects his thinking.

Social media can be enormously influential when it comes to voting on these shows. LOL .... Justin Bieber randomly saved some contestant on The Voice by tweeting and encouraging his fans to vote (and he did it just because Blake Shelton asked him to do it).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just hate, hate, hate that one of my favorite shows has become political. This country is already divided enough without us having to be divided over a TV show which is supposed to be fun. It just makes me really, really sad.

This show has been hijacked by Trump's base. I'm out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would think that someone would be responsible for something tweeted in his or her name.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, you can thank Tom Bergeron for that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Tom had anything to do with it. He's not the one going on Breitbart and telling people (who probably don't even watch the show) how to vote for him multiple times. I blame the producers for putting him on there in the first place.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I appreciated Tom Bergeron's opinion about Sean Spicer being on the show. And I also blame the producers for making it a political show. As soon as I heard he was going to be a contestant I decided I would not watch until he is gone. Looks like I will miss the whole season. Who knows?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When I've watched the show, Tom Bergeron has been nothing but professional with Sean Spicer after the dances.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Would you feel that way if Joe Biden was on the show? Or Hillary? Or Michelle and/or Barack Obama? Eric Holder?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think what Tom tweeted was inadvisable and inappropriate for someone who is hosting the show. However, I don't think he bears a huge responsibility for Sean still being on the show. There are many more factors involved beyond that one tweet.

I'm also sure the producers weighed the potential loss of viewers vs. the benefits when considering Sean as a contestant.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yes.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Those people would never go on that show.

They actually have real work to do and do not have the need to try to redeem their public image.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to remember if they have ever had any Democratic politicians or people closely associated with the Democratic Party on the show?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
With respect to ratings and the casting of people like Spicer I found this when I looked it up. It also may explain why Sean is doing so well in the voting.

quote:

Plus, to our knowledge, not one Democratic politician or commentator has battled for the Mirrorball Trophy.

Is this trend just a coincidence, or an intentional decision on the part of DWTS producers? It’s hard not to be cynical when looking at the data. In the wake of Spicer’s casting, Variety reported that Dancing With the Stars performs best in red states. The magazine pointed out that the show’s 27th season posted its best figures in Nielsen’s East Central territory of Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, all states that voted for Trump in 2016.

Plus, eight of the 10 markets in which DWTS performed the best in Season 27 are located in states that went to Trump in 2016, with the strongest being West Palm Beach, Florida, home of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence.

Variety posits that the show’s “conservative fanbase might also explain why Spicer is just the latest in a long line of right-wing and Republican contestants.”

https://www.tvinsider.com/809019/dancing-with-the-stars-dwts-political-bias/

So the Producers may know what they are doing after-all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Probably why Washington, Oregon, California and Nevada are excluded from voting.

😇

Colorado and New Mexico also..

And Hawai'i.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that's another very good point! There probably isn't a lot of voting from States like California.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Anyway, the way I look at it is the worst that can happen with someone like Sean on the show is one contestant will miss staying one extra week. So as long as he is pleasant on the show it doesn't impact things all that much. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think at least one contestant has lost two weeks already. And they do make more money the longer they stay.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Objectively looking at dancing talent and entertainment value alone, Sean was arguably better than Mary, Ray and Lamar.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I only see Tom Delay. I think he was in the House and resigned or went to prison or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_
Dancing_with_the_Stars_(U.S.)_competitors

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I think he was Speaker of the House and resigned or went to prison or something.

I literally choked on my water when I read that! Thank you for the laugh!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Maybe they should keep ALL politicians off the show. Why don’t they promote this show the way they did in the beginning?

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
A pipe dream I know, but I just wish people would vote on the best dancer of the stars. There is always some other reason it seems to vote for people, but to get back at the host seems like one of the worst. I just think of the stars that are on this season. With everyone talking about Sean, nobody else can get the publicity that comes with turning in a stellar performance, therefore probably missing out on the opportunity to gain more votes. Just sad all around. I don't understand why there always seems to be the "producers/host/network needs to be taught a lesson" mentality. Sad really.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think people mostly vote for their favorite dancer, not based on skill. I think we are seeing evidence of people voting for Spicer because they want to stick it to "Hollywood" and "the left" and whoever and ultimately mess with the results. But I still enjoy the show and he doesn't taint it for me because I can see he's working hard and the others seem to like him well enough. I'd rather he be gone, but I'm not going to let him spoil it for me.