TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through October 04, 2019 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sailor & Val 7 8 8

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Went through the show like there would be an elimination. Because Ray (and Cheryl) withdrew, no elimination this week.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really dislike that those of us on the other coast have to vote before the dancing. Unfair in so many ways, to viewers and to the dancers. :-(
I'm glad no one went home tonight (other than the injured).

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I know. Why couldn't voting end after the West Coast feed? It's only three more hours and you should be able to vote based on what you have seen.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Because your vote determines who will leave tonight (the night the show airs). I agree it’s ridiculous though for people on the West Coast to have to vote before they see the dances. I also think it would be a disadvantage to dance later in the show because the fans may not be as inspired to vote for you since they haven’t seen you perform and there is progressively less time for them to vote.

However, it’s a catch 22 for the networks. They want people to watch live so they’re more likely to watch the commercials. The only way to do that is encouraging audience participation by having the voting while the show is airing.

I enjoyed all the performances. Some of the dancing was very good.

I confess I laughed despite myself at Sean’s performance.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wished they’d wait awhile before eliminating them. Maybe eliminate 2 at a time. I want to see them improve,like Lamar and Sean.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I hate the new voting rules they are confusing. I was getting sleepy last night so I fell asleep the last few minutes so I miss Sean's live dance. I had to rewind but by then the voting (and the show was over).

So my question is, could I have voted for Sean before he danced?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes! Once the show starts you can vote for anyone regardless of whether or not they have danced yet or if you’ve seen them dance. And that’s the only way people on the West Coast can vote.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that is fine in places like England (and other countries) where the show can air all at once, but it is useless if you want to pretend it really has to do with talent. I don't think a lot of these shows do have to do with talent but there have been rare performances that have changed minds.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it also makes people that only stay because they are popular more likely to last even longer . grrrr

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They've had to compromise ever since they cut back to one show a week (if they still had the results show, there's no issues)- and to be fair, 80% of the US population live in the Eastern and Central timezones, which get the show live.

There was a show that used live audience voting on both coasts a couple of years back where if the Eastern viewers didn't advance someone, the Western ones could still do so, which happened a couple of times...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it's just like the presidential election..CA voters dont matter

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tell me about it!!
Any show that has viewed voting that shuts out 4 of 6 timezones.. yes there are viewers in Alaska and Hawai'i too.. Lowes my heart. I may watch, but I care a lot less.

It is worse for the shows like the Voice and American Idol, where there are regional favorites.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well don't forget about Hawaii they get the show last in the US. I remember that from idol days when Jasmine was from Hawaii.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 01, 2019 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that isv is what I meant by 4 time zones.. Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, Hawai'i.

I do still watch this show, but have stopped watching American Idol and The Voice, pretty much.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We don't watch anything live (except maybe sporting events), so I don't care about the voting. We watch purely for entertainment. Most times I agree with the results, sometimes not. That would happen if I voted, so what does it matter?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We almost always watch this the same night it's on but we delay watching for about 20 minutes so we can forward through the commercials.

We used to vote (occasionally) but haven't for years. I'm never that unhappy with the results (I think of it more as a fun show than a super serious competition) so I'm not very motivated to vote.

The only thing we ever watch live is sporting events (and we don't watch many of those anymore) or political debates, breaking news and that sort of thing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 02, 2019 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But in chosen time zones you can choose. We cannot.

Not the end of the world, especially for this show.

For the competitions than can lead to an actual career, it is probably important to them if their support would come from the west.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When the judges get to make the final decision of the night, in the long run it doesn't really matter if we vote this year. The judges will always make sure their own favorite stays if they are in the bottom 2.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The only way it becomes an issue is if two really talented people end up at the bottom.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Len was pretty clear that the "bottom two" in week one were not his bottom two, this they were sending home a pair they considered to be better.

But that is not the actual point. I guess it simply does not concern those unaffected by the ignoring of part of the viewing audience.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2019 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't understand what you're saying, Sea.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can't help you either, Jimmer

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Never mind.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would be offended if my votes didn't count simply because I was in the wrong time zone (living in the middle pretty much negates that). I am not a huge fan of this day and age of "instant gratification" where we cannot wait a single minute before we get an answer to our questions or find out who is going to be eliminated from a reality show. The anticipation is half the fun!

I haven't been watching this season but from what I'm reading the audience picks the bottom 2 and the judges pick who goes? So I guess Len's bottom 2 were different from the audience bottom 2?