TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 30, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through September 30, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I picked my favorite. Kate Flannery.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am bummed at the bottom two. Sad for Mary to go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nice banner, Jimmer!

🎆🎆🎆🎆

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes nice banner J. :-) And Kate is my fave too. And I was shredded and shocked that Mary was voted out. (I met her years ago when she was in town starring at a dinner Theatre. I wrote a glowing review of her show. It's one of my fave old articles.)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She’s very pretty,I need to go look up her age.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Color, I absolutely love Spicer - I threw all my votes his way!!!

I don't know that I like the new voting rules, with the judges making the final decision (being as they already scored the contestants). Were the judges that pissed that Bobby Bones beat Milo in the finale last year?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome for the banner. :-)

I think the new rules give the judges too much power. Plus they already had lots of power if they'd just had the courage to score properly in the first place. The other thing it does is it makes it easy to see who is at the bottom every week (in the past they didn't always make it clear that the remaining contestants who weren't "safe" were actually all at the bottom).

I was a bit surprised when they eliminated Mary though it was kind of a toss-up with that bottom two.

It was sweet to see Ally do well despite her nervousness. Her emotion seemed genuine.

I wasn't a big fan of her on the Bachelorette but Hannah is such a good dancer compared to most of the contestants this season! Unless someone else improves dramatically it's hard to see how she doesn't have this locked up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is Hannah the first 'Ette to be cast on DWTS (besides Trista and Melissa)? I remember a few years back when Kaitlyn had words with Fleiss on Twitter about how she was supposed to be on DWTS and he had her yanked off the show. She called him out because Fleiss was allowing the men to appear on the show.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They've done the judges vote between the bottom two in other versions (the UK for years- though they have 4 judges, not 3, so they can tie, in which case it goes back to the viewer vote)

A bit surprised at bottom 2- here's the approximate % of judges score...

Lauren & Gleb 9.13
Sailor & Val 8.65
Ally & Sasha 8.65
Hannah & Alan 10.57
Karamo & Jenna 8.65
Kate & Pasha 8.65
Ray & Cheryl 7.21
Kel & Witney 8.65
Lamar & Peta 5.52
Sean & Lindsay 6.73
James & Emma 9.85
Mary & Brandon 7.69

Though with voting split 12 ways, a couple of percentage points isn't that much, plus you figure fanbases.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How do you calculate that, Wilson? I'm not sure what your numbers mean.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hannah & Alan scored highest -- 7 7 7

Color, actually Alan & Hannah got three 8s for 24 points! First 8s of the season!

I like the judges doing the elimination from the bottom 2. They are judging strictly on dancing skill, not popularity. Lexie, I think it was more that the fans were upset (not me!) that Bobby Bones won last year. I loved Bobby Bones and his energy and enthusiasm. I didn't have a problem with him winning. It's just a silly trophy, after all.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Jimmer-
There were 416 points given out by the judges the first two weeks. As an example, Lauren/Gleb got 38 of them.

38/416= approximately 9.13% of the total number of points given out (there’s some rounding, so if you add all the numbers together, it won’t exactly equal 100, but it’ll be close).

So Lamar got at least 2.12% more of the audience vote than Mary did, to overcome the judge score disadvantage he had.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Wilson. Very interesting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the whole voting scheme sucks, but then I am in the group that sees the show when voting is closed.. Oh I could text votes without watching the dancing, but silly me thinks the show is at least marginally about the dancing.

As Len said, he didn't agree with the bottom two at all

And how silly to give the judges power.. I mean, they actually are dancers. It isn't like Jenny McCarthy "judging".

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So are the judges actually going to pick the winner or are the rules going to change for the final? I doubt they’ll have the judges choose.

I have no problem with the judges having power. My beef is they always had the power to score the better dancers better but they didn’t and still don’t do it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, that's how bad my memory is at this age. What memory?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also forgot the 8s but Hannah is having a good time.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Hannah has taken many dance lessons and participated in a lot of pageants and it shows. Unfair advantage....soo have a lot of “stars” over the years.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, ty for the great banner!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You’re welcome. :-)

Oh I forgot to mention earlier how much I like Kate. She’s quite amazing.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Big news- apparently Ray is hurt, and he and Cheryl are going to have to withdraw tonight...

https://tvline.com/2019/09/30/dancing-with-the-stars-ray-lewis-cheryl-burke-withdrawing-injury-season-28/

(though he was only saved by the judges last week, so he probably would have gone tonight anyway)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Best so far -- Ally & Sasha 8 8 8

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
James & Emma 8 7 8

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kate & Pasha 8 8 8