TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : Archive through July 03, 2019 users admin

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Thank you Scotchbright for the Vulture link! I LOVE Moylan's recaps on the episodes:-) He's got these women pegged but GOOD! "Countess Crackerjacks" had me in stitches Saved the link and will read all the episode recaps today!

Yeah Chieko, about Luanne's house.....didn't impress me at all. As you said the "isolated area with no window coverings" was really creepy. Would be a GREAT setting for another "Scream" or "Friday the 13th" movie though!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess the only reason Luann hasn't removed the kitchenette from the guest bedroom is she's not ready to renovate the bedroom. But it is odd that when they built the house, they put a kitchenette in the bedroom.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I don't think of a full size range w/oven a kitchenette. I would like a kitchenette.... sink/coffee maker/little fridge / microwave....but not a giant stove.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo, exactly. It was bizarre. Why would anyone ever need that? Even a renter could get by without.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you say tomAto and I say tomahto.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Not taking sides here but I always thought "kitchenette" referred to the size of the area the appliances, sink etc. are in, not the size of the appliances themselves. Hubby and I have had (again, to my way of thinking) over our many years of traveling "kitchenettes" in motel rooms that had four burner stoves with ovens plus sink/coffee maker compacted into a small area. What was missing was the ABUNDANT counter space and cabinetry found in normal size kitchens. No right or wrong here btw, just what all of us interpret the word to mean:-)

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
oh dear, LuAnn was cuffed and arrested again yesterday for probation violation. Apparently, "the countess" thinks she's above the law.

"Luann will now have to participate in weekly counseling calls with her treating psychiatrist as well as monthly in-person sessions; take an abuse medication as prescribed by her doctor; and maintain her SoberLink breathalyzer monitoring device as instructed by her probation officer."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7063569/Luann-Lesseps-handcuffed-court-judge-orders-JAIL.html

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I felt so sorry for Tej, first Ramona desperately talking about her body, and wardrobe for some reason, and then Sonja incoherent. Acting so sloppy.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
I am embarrassed and angry at both Ramona and Sonja for their treatment of Tej. Without question if it were men guests speaking to a woman employee of that abode EXACTLY the same way you can be sure a sexual harrassment suit would be filed. And rightfully so. NOBODY has the right to speak so suggestively and invade another persons personal space such as they did to Tej. Disgusting old entitled drunken hags....that's all these women are.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Disgusting old entitled drunken hags

You are so right Rainynights. I'm not sure why these woman think they are so much more attractive than they actually are. They just come off as so desperate and fighting over Harry Dubin and Tom D'Agostino? I can't fathom it. The caliber of men they attract should be some sort of indication to them.

I'm embarrassed for all of them.

Tinsley is still young and cute, though, and seems to have a sense of decorum. I'm not sure why she isn't having better luck. Drinking?

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Good gosh almighty what is with these women? That attack on Luanne was over and above what it should have been. Yes, she does toot her own horn but they ALL DO depending on what week you're watching. Bethenny is the worst in this......get a grip lady or YOU WILL have a heart attack but then we've seen your rapid-fire "shoutings, lectures, meltdowns" before so never mind, you'll live LOL! Sonja DOES have an issue with alcohol (Can't handle it just like Tinsley can't) and I'm proud of Luanne that in her sobriety can see that. She was 1000% right in her observation that Sonja NEVER ONCE coming back from the AA meeting boo-hooed about being bothered or feeling sorry for the AA members while there yet SUDDENLY when Sonja had an "audience" she was overcome with sadness. Give me a break. Sonja YOU don't give a hoot about anyone at that AA meeting or for that matter anyone on this earth other than yourself and living in your own little entitled world. The real disturbing thing however is that Sonja has somehow convinced all the other gals that she is deserving of a pity party (big eyeroll here). DUMB doesn't begin to describe these women

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
These women are ENTITLED lunch ladies with no concept of real world issues.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
They are all a mess....lol. Dorinda has a drinking problem too. She gets so sloppy slurpy drunk too.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Bethenny have an "over the top" breakdown every season? This one was a doozy and worthy of at least an Emmy award:-) Don't get me wrong. I sympathize that she is grieving for Dennis but gosh almighty she wasn't married to him, she didn't have decades invested in him, he wasn't her husband or even life partner. She USED his death as an excuse for her outrageous drunken behavior plain and simple. They are all drama queens, however Bethenny takes it wayyyyyyy above and beyond and has since her first appearance on this show. Being a friend to her has to be TOTALLY exhausting!!!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I understood Bethenny's outburst. She was angry that she helped Luann and Luann seems to blow it off but Dennis needed an intervention and he died. She seemed to be saying that she felt it was a waste to put so much into Luann's intervention when Luann didn't value it and that made her grief for Dennis much worse. Dennis and Bethenny knew each other for a very long time. 30 years actually so that is 3 decades they were good friends. And they were engaged when he died.

They all have outbursts that are completely unreasonable. We all know a lot about Bethenny's background and she has a lot of issues that she has carried forward from childhood.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 3:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jen beat me to the punch. Bethenny and Dennis were friends for 30 years.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
It DOESN'T matter how long Bethenny knew Dennis. If she felt guilt for not attending to HIS issues before Luanne's that's on her, NOT Luanne. If we make excuses for Bethenny's behavior time and time and time again then we must also sympathize with the wife-beater, the child abuser, the alcoholic (and I called out Luanne on this btw), the drug addict. EVERY one of them has an excuse for their behavior too. NO EXCUSE IMO is EVER acceptable for treating people poorly. There's a pattern with Bethenny in that it is ALWAYS someone else's fault as to why she behaves as she does......it was her mom, it was her dad, it was Jill Zarin, it was Carole Radziwill, it was Jason Hoppy etc. At some point (as tons of viewers have realized) it comes down to Bethenny herself. She needs to STOP blaming others for her outrageous meltdowns no matter what her reasons are. Finally, FWIW in my nearly 70 years I have been fortunate to be friends with all kinds of people with all kinds of backgrounds good and bad. Never, not once, have any of them shown such despicable behavior such as Bethenny does. She IS a drama queen who NEEDS attention focused on her repeatedly. Btw, I found the following from an article regarding the current status of Jill Zarin and Bethenny friendship (or lack thereof).....

"The Bravo stars famously feuded when the Skinnygirl CEO accused Zarin of being jealous of her success, while Zarin claimed her costar wasn't there for her when her longtime husband Bobby was diagnosed with cancer".

Hmmmmm, sounds strangely familiar doesn't it?:-)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Well. It is a reality show

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
I liked Bethany a lot more before she became successful with Skinny Girl. Yes, she had issues but she has such a sense of entitlement now. She lords it over everyone from her ex husband to her friends, her opinion is the only one that is right in her eyes and she is unbending about it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I still like Bethenny. Nothing Bethenny said to Luanne was false. And if I got somebody so worked up like Bethenny got, I would take a look at myself and see if any of the things she said had any merit.

Nope. Not with the Countess. She takes zero accountability for her actions. She is a classic narcissist. And they tend to get you worked up.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Agree with Grooch.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I think since the other women present at that dinner understood Bethenny's breakdown indicates they were in agreement with her about Luanne's behavior recently. If they were not in agreement, it would have been a great opportunity for at least one of them to take that opportunity to create a storyline for themselves by saying Bethenny was out of line. But they did not, and all said that is how they felt too.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
LOL, or maybe (as we've seen time and time again) nobody wants to go up against Queen Bethenny for fear they too will be GONE GONE GONE just like Kelly Bensimon, Jill Zarin, Carole Radziwill etc. She's gold for Bravo (and Andy's favorite) with all her histrionic/narcissist/bullying each and every season she's been on. Nobody wants to watch these shows if everyone gets along and is lovey dovey 100% of the the time towards one another. Bethenny is an expert at creating discord and garnering sympathy (because as you know everyone is a meanie in Bethenny's life!) and the other gals know this....more importantly so does Bravo....it's $$$$ in the bank for them. These women are not about to rock the Bravo boat (or their paychecks/staying relevant) by daring to disagree with her. This is classic high school mean girls with the head cheerleader in TOTAL control and nothing more.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, July 01, 2019 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
If not daring to disagree with the lead person was really a factor, would we see Lisa Vanderpump pushed out of her own show? She is $$$$ for Bravo.

Bethenny is a mess. She has gone to therapy but she needs some deep somatic type therapy to overcome her childhood. I don't excuse her behavior, I just understand her hurt. The truth is that any action, any of us takes in our lives, is our own responsibility. She could have tried to talk through these issues with Luann instead of having a meltdown.

Luann is out of line but that does not mean that she should be yelled at in the manner that Bethenny did. Just because I can be empathetic towards the pain I see in Bethenny doesn't mean that I would excuse her behavior.

In my life, I have never seen friends treat each other the way that all of the Housewives treat each other.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Very nice post Jen:-) And I agree with you on nearly every point. It's my hope that someday Bethenny (and so many of the others!) truly DO treat each other the way THEY would like to be treated:-)