TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: Archive through December 09, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's unbelievable how quickly time seems to pass when children are in the picture.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This year's first day of school photo only has 6 kids in it. Besides Collin being away at boarding school again, Hannah is now living 100% of the time with Jon.

Oh! And Kate has a new show this fall "Kate Plus Date".

https://people.com/tv/kate-gosselin-kids-start-school/

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Wow! I can’t believe they are that old.....cause it was only yesterday they were born! LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just makes me sad how broken that family seems. And that Colton is still not well enough to live at home? Hannah looks happy with her dad. I wonder if she sees her siblings much. They all look so much like their dad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw that Jon has won custody of Collin.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jon has Hannah and Collin.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
But he's had Hannah for a long time. This thing with Collin just happened this week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
why would he get custody over Kate?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's temporary. The court appointed guardian ad litum felt living with Jon was the best solution while the court case is adjudicated. And it was made in part because Kate did not show up for the temporary award hearing.

Who knows what's really going on.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
interesting!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, because Collin has not lived with Kate for a long time and Jon wants him? I assu.me there will be duelling experts saying Collin needs to be inpatient or not..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh I didnt really know too much about the kids.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What is 'wrong' with Colin? And why is Hanah with the dad, did she choose this?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hannah chose to be with her dad. She's 14, so the court does not have to intervene.

Collin had not seen his dad in 3 years, before his dad filed for custody. He had been sent to a school for kids with behavioral issues. Colin is one of those contrary kids, who questions everything. I imagine that is very difficult for a control freak like Kate. I'm not sure he has any other issue than that, but no one is talking.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.eonline.com/news/992990/jon-gosselin-awarded-custody-of-his-and-kate-gosselin-s-son-collin ...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure the 3 years is fully accurate. The article says Collin had not been to his dad's for a visit in 3 years, however his dad has been to visit him as I have seen photos on Instagram. For a while Jon didn't even know where Collin was. Hannah seems to be happy living with her dad and hopefully Collin will too. It didn't seem like Kate sent much energy getting Collin home for visits. And I guess she's too busy dating for her new show now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Other articles phrase it differently, so I'm not clear:

Jon saw Collin for the first time in three years last month when the teen, who has reportedly been enrolled in a schooling program for children with special needs, paid a visit home.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jon-gosselin-gets-temporary-sole-custody-of-son-collin-after-kate-gosselin-misses-court

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Faux news. Jon posted a photo of him visiting Collin in May. It's not clear to me when Collin went to that school, but I'm seeing two years as a general estimate (sometime in 2016). So it's conceivable that Jon didn't see Collin for 2 years, but I just find inaccuracies like that annoying. It's like they are implying Collin was sent to Jon's and hadn't seen Jon in 3 years -- how awful to send the kid to a stranger! But Jon and Collin have spent some time together in this past year, as far back as May. So Jon has been to visit Collin. And Collin to visit Jon, prior to this custody decision. I wish Collin and Jon well -- I hope it works out for the kid.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Actually, I think Collin was sent away in 2014 based on other Instagram posts. Poor kid. 4 years in residential treatment and still not well enough to go home to Kate? No wonder Jon is trying to get custody.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, thanks for that info. I feel better knowing they had some relationship before Jon got custody.

I hope they all do well. I hate that Jon and Kate can't put aside their differences and co-parent. All of the kids suffer for that. And both Jon and Kate are at fault.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
By the way, I know some kids who have been in residential treatment for many years and still not able to go home.

Just so you know, it's not uncommon for multiple birth children (more likely related to preterm birth than multiples) to have brain abnormalities that cause aberrant, difficult to treat, behavior.

Whether that's the case with Collin or not, I don't know. But it should be noted as a possibility.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So many issues and I don't really trust either of them, but especially Jon, not to use any situation to score points against the other.

I hope that Collin will be in the situation best for him and hopefully with a loving parent, but where he is safe and happy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s pretty obvious that neither of them are nice people. I feel sorry for their kids.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I feel bad for them too. It's horrible when parents can't act like adults for the sake of the kids. :-( I really hope Jon will do what's best for Collin. He seems to have carved out a quiet life with Hannah and his girlfriend.

I find it annoying when the media reports something that I was able to determine was false in a 5 second google. There's an article that states Jon visited Collin at his school in May. No wonder people don't trust the media. Sometimes they are lazy and inept.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Basically they want click bait headlines and don't care who they hurt.