TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 03, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: Trading Spaces 2018 Saturday 4/7: Archive through June 03, 2018 users admin

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
This show just sounds horrible... unless you like the drama. I don't.

I look at it as what a waste of perfectly good resources. I guess some people want to be on TV for their 15 minutes of fame... why else would anyone sign up for this show...

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I agree that both rooms looked horrible. I watched the previous week when Nate and Jeremiah were the designers. Their rooms were beautiful and they listened to the homeowners. I think Hildi has her own agenda and is going to do whatever she pleases even if she knows the homeowners will hate it. The one lady wanted something relating to Prince in her room. She could have done something, instead all she did was stick a toy red corvette in the room. I somewhat give Clinton a pass on this, it is not his wheelhouse. I think for this show to work now, we need to have designers that do pretty rooms, not crazy, straw covered sand filled rooms.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
We're living in a new time. The crummy rooms were okay years ago, but now with all the good home designer shows they really need to step it up. I liked Nate and Jeremiah's rooms as well, but this week was horrible. The show won't last if they keep this up.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
But HIldi’s agenda doesn’t seem to be paying off for her...she didn’t get a huge career out of it, so I think that is just her horrible taste!

Loved when she said she wouldn’t put purple in the room becauase she ‘isn’t that obvious’ rme

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well to be fair, the husband of the "Prince" lady didn't want anything "Prince" in the room.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I loved Nate & Jeremiah's rooms, although it was convenient that both sets of homeowners had things to use in the room (cabinets and reclaimed wood). I love their show too.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I watched this train-wreck of a show during its original run and really enjoyed it...

HOWEVER, I think the home decorating audience from the original run to present time has changed, matured.

It around the time the Trading Spaces' original run was winding down that I started watching HGTV's Designer's Challenge... I considered it to me a much better show... then of course Fixer Upper... where good taste reigned supreme.

Trading Spaces hasn't evolved at all... somethings like a room remodel shouldn't be rushed and crazy designers with weird ideas really don't help...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I so agree Cass_cat. I was hoping that the show would have matured and be more helpful instead of goofy. I don't know if it is going to last more than one season.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I I think a room design can still be accomplished and two days we just need we have a designers thanks more about the homeowners and what they want. Maybe it is time for some of the designers to call it a day and possibly use new designers. This is the only way I can swing this maybe it is time for some of the designers to call it a day and possibly use new designs. This is the only way I can see this show staying on the air.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Right. WHY do they think it is amusing to have goofy designs? Why not something nice??? Something done right, even if it takes three four or five days.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Exactly... they should show the homeowners some respect... these are their homes after all!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
In 2 days and $2k, that is time enough to "refresh" a room instead of cheaply redoing the whole room. Paint, change furniture arrangement, change bedding/accessories, update furniture if needed with paint, update lighting, etc.

These items would greatly improve a room without creating a cheap mess.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite shows used to be "Design on a Dime," which was basically what Gldnlvr said above - the designer would go in and redo a room on a tight budget but for the most part it was always an improvement. I wish they would bring that show back!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I liked that show too.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Has anyone liked their rooms this season????
This couple was so speechless. It was a gorgeous room but not what they wanted. They wanted more room for their kids, not less.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The people who had Nate and Jeremiah do there rooms loved them. And they were really nice rooms because they designed them for what the homeowners wanted not what the designers wanted.

I see Laurie is coming back tonight.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes, ,the clients who had tthe designers not from Trading Spaces like their room! LOL

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
very interesting how they had the home owners give their negative review in a later clip.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear it is like they are trying to do bad shows and not get renewed, so Odd!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sounds like the don't know what people want to see...

Design shows have matured since Trading Places first run..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the dining room people liked their room. Oops - again a non-Trading Spaces person!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Ok, so I just watched this episode last night. The dining room was really pretty. Loved the sign with the ”family” room. The homeowners and their friends specifically said they needed space for their girls to run around and play. Os the designer created a HUGE box to put around a piece the homeowner had. Those gigantic boxes at the end had no purpose, it would have been better if they had made storage out of the . But instead they are 2 big boxes with a top across and then 2 sliding doors. Totally useless. Then the sliding doors with mirrors on the other wall were terrible for a room with 2little children. The new room was too formal and not at all fitting their lifestyle. When will these designers pay attention to what people say instead of just doing what they want to do. The designer just wanted to put barn doors somewhere.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Amazingly enough Paige said they are going to do some more episodes. I was sort of shocked since they have had so many unsuccessful shows.

At least tonight both the couples loved their redo's and both rooms were really nice. I wish they had had this type of designing for the entire season.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I really liked both rooms.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Good Doug showed up! I’d be scared if I found out he was designing my room! Not so that homeowner! The colors seemed way too dark, but in the end, they worked, I just wouldn’t want it that dark forever!