TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge - Rivals: Archive through June 10, 2017 users admin

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
Same here. I really like Jenna but not a fan of Vince.

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
Wasn't sad to see Devin leave. I didn't like him on Are You The One but I did like Cheyanne. I like the new twist of nominating 2 teams

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
This is one of my fav shows, wouldn't miss it! I'm not thrilled with the addition of AYTO cast but it sure got new blood in the game.

J.Bananas knew that his cousin had the win & he was safe. He'd rather not be the one making enemies by voting in teams, so it was 2 birds, drop Sarah & not win. She's too competitive to not win.

I agree Luvmom, before it was too easy to vote in the most likely team to go home & not leave someone in the game gunning for you.

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
I agree about Bananas. He knew he would be safe so why bother plus he got to annoy Sarah lol. This show wouldn't be the same without him.I don't mind some of the cast of AYTO. But I would have prefered someone like Hunter or Alec over Devin And Nate.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Poor Cara Maria's father passed away suddenly recently, she announced it on Twitter.
And it seems like the AYTO peeps are taking this game over, so many of them! I don't like it at all.But then again I don't watch the show & have no intention to. Wish they'd bring back 'old timers' like RR's Mark Long & others......

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, July 08, 2016 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Zoesox, I hope you watched the after show recently which had Mark Long & others reminiscing about surviving the challenges.

With Johnny Bananas & Sarah as a team, there is little doubt who will win this challenge but there is a rumor that it won't end as smoothly as it seems to be going now.

It always amazes me as unimpressive as Johnny appears athletically how he has (so far) won 5 of the 12 challenges that he has been in, which *IS* an impressive feat. He's appeared in the final in 7 of the 12 challenges.

Best wishes to Cara Maria, she's had a rough year.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Willwillbee, I did see that after show and reminded me how badly I want the old crew back. The 'Are you the One' peeps add nothing to the game. And where is CT?? I read an idea somewhere (maybe Cara's Twitter) that The Challenge should be revamped like American Gladiators and have some 'fresh meat' go up against the 'Gladiators' of The Challenge like Sarah, Bananas,Coral, Veronica, CT, Lauren & Abe for example. Oh And Cara Maria of course! And yes, Sarah & Bananas appear to be tough to beat; I am spoiler free & I'll keep tuning in! I love this show, it's my guilty pleasure

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Zoesox, CT has been on the after shows. He got really choked up talking about his whole adult life being filmed & that he feels a connection with the crew & the audience. Especially with the outpouring of love after the loss of Diem.

He said something fairly profound about not moving past but moving forward from this dark period. He seemed to really miss being on the challenge & I expect he'll show up again fairly soon.

AYTO folks are really disappointing. I'm surprised more RW aren't eager to be a part of the challenge. I hoped this year's RW was more of a prechallenge competition. That what was so great about Road Rules, the folks were already confident in their skills.

I think if MTV had a more enticing offer that might encourage more RW ppl but very few seem to be after the prize money. I don't blame them, you have to be really dedicated & in shape to complete a challenge & most seem to be there for the free booze.

RWers used to do the appearance circuit at colleges & bars for a couple of years after their season & they were free to take off for 6 weeks to film but I guess that there are few that go into that lifestyle anymore.

I wish they would pair up the vets with the new people more, that would equal out the teams & give new ppl more experience & confidence, as well as slow down vets from rolling over the new folks.

Oregonguy

02-12-2006

Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oregonguy a private message Print Post    
Finale twist , they have some individual point system and whoever has the most points on the winning team gets to chose on whether they want to split the money or take it all !

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Just was able to catch up on episodes; the twist on the prize money reminds me of what Bachelor Pad did a few years ago. Nick elected to keep the money & because Rachel decided to split it, rules were anyone who voted to keep it got all the money. It was awful to watch!

I can see Johnny doing this to Sarah so I hope she stays ahead & has more points at the end of the challenge.

Link to what happened on BP (sorry to digress)

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/09/nick-peterson-screwing-over-rachel-trueheart-on-bachelor-pad-rig/

Speaking of alum, looks like Trishelle did OK!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3720160/Trishelle-Cannatella-gets-diamond-ring-pilot-John-Hensz-decadent-New-Orleans-proposal.html

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Some of these people are in their 40's and still doing challenges. Abram for example. Abram was on the same season of Road Rules that the guy on the show "Grimm" was on. He seems to be the only one who has actually become very successful outside of the "circuit". The Grimm guy not Abram.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
New season of one of my fav show starting 2/7 with a 2 hour premiere & CT is BACK for the Challenge!

They say it's an advantage for the never before winners who battle out from 18 to 12 & then they are joined by 8 of the previous winners. Sounds like every other season but I guess it's a big balloon popping moment when they think they don't have big competition & the vets join them.

I guess it was also more enticing to the vets to play a shorter season, they don't have to hang out for the first 6 eliminations. They got CT, Darrell & Laurel to play, I was afraid they may have given up. I hadn't seen them in awhile & it's boring with not enough competition for the 6 (of 14) time winner, Johnny Bananas. 4 (of 6) time winner, Darrell hasn't been on in the past 10 seasons. The challenge is one of the toughest competitions, with the final lasting 3 days this time. It's got to be hard to sign up for when you are nearing 40, especially if you don't train full time like Bananas.

Spoiler is, this should be a great season.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2966066/underdogs-the-challenge-invasion-season-29/

I had to look up the "Grimm" guy. Don't watch the show but didn't remember the cast member either - David Giuntoli was on Road Rules South Pacific (same as Abram I think) & was also on the winning team of the 2003 Challenge, The Gauntlet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Giuntoli

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about the age of some of the older competitors.

Johnny Bananas was on RW in 2005 & they said he was 22 at the time, so that would make him 33 now but I think they age down the RW people & he may have been older than 22. He was already a graduate of Penn State. IMDB has him as 35 in June.

IMDB has Chris "CT" Tamburello as 37 in July. People magazine confirmed that Diem was born in 1980 & said that she & CT were the same age.

MTV said Darrell Taylor (no age on IMDB) was 22 & his season aired in 2002, so he has to be at least 37 as well.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
According to IMDB, Abram was born Jan. 1983 & will be 34 this month.

I found this amusing, (in an article regarding his 2002 arrest)

Ironically, Boise is also the author of children’s books.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/02/28/abram-boise-road-rules-star-arrested/

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
2 hr premiere tonight on MTV plus a half hour special on CT before & after the premiere.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Guess I'm the only one watching, sigh.

I'm glad they did this with the non winners competing first before bringing in the champs.

Johnny loves to pick the "lay ups" the team he drags to the final to be in third place. At least this way, only competitors will be left to face the champs.

I couldn't believe Theo refused to jump, I'd rather have jumped than face that hike back down. Looks like he had to still go down the same way but I guess they gently lowered him. He still had to go off the same way off the platform though.

Jenna has amazed me with her fearlessness (other than for puzzles) & athleticism. She was part of the "lay up" team that Johnny dragged to the end in one challenge & they quit. I see now that she was never the weak link.

After next week's challenge, the new series Stranded with a Million Bucks starts. It looks interesting.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I like to watch the Challenge shows but never remember when they're on or what channel/network. Anyone know when a repeat is scheduled?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. Quite a bit different than previous years!

It doesn't look like it's repeating except on show night (Tuesdays). If you have on Demand you can watch it there, on on MTV.com.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/challenge-invasion

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Always on MTV - next Tuesday they will repeat this weeks episode at 7pm CST followed by a new episode at 8pm CST.

I don't see any repeats scheduled til then. They used to repeat shows but not so much anymore and it takes forever (2 weeks or so I think) for MTV to put shows on demand.

You might be able to catch up at MTV.com

You haven't missed much yet, the champs aren't there yet, the folks are camping on the beach & not terribly happy. I don't know if they are allowing them alcohol, but doesn't appear so.

Ashley (from RW Explosion) is proudly "polidicking" according to her, influencing votes with her feminine charms (she was a lil more brash in her explanation).

So far the players have to get a spot to the house by either winning the challenges or being the winners of an elimination. One male, one female per challenge & elimination, so 4 total every challenge. After winning a spot, they don't have to participate in the challenges, until they get to the house.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
WWB, I'm watching!!I love The Challenge. I didn't want to come here & get spoiled as I only got caught up yesterday. It's going to be so awesome seeing the Champs show up & watching the others' faces drop. I am a big CT & Cara Maria fan so hope they go far. I hope karma strikes Johnny Bananas BADLY. And I'm sure Camilla will be as psycho as ever, can't wait!
I am confused who some of the new people are - are they from AYTO, that dating show?
Oh that Ashley - I get a kick out of her & she seems like competition.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
I love this show have watched from the beginning. Have to admit I was happy Jonny screwed over Sarah last yr. just like she did to him. CT is my all time favorite

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Yes, Zoesox, From Are You The One? cast -

Amanda
Anthony
Dario
Hunter
Nelson

They've been doing this the past challenge (or 2?) - One challenge the cast was nearly half of AYTO. I guess it's getting too hard to find competitors from the Real World. They should have brought back Road Rules.

Champions departed 10 days after the the first group. I am guessing that a shorter season was the only way to lure some of the champs, like Darrell & probably CT & maybe Laurel to play in the challenge.

I had to look up Ashley Kelsey (Real World: San Diego 2) from the champs, she was Zach's shomance. Her win was Team San Diego in 2012 Battle of the Seasons (Ashley Kelsey, Frank Sweeney, Sam McGinn & Zach Nichols) - I don't remember her being in any other challenges.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Hey Willwillbee, thanks for the breakdown! I also recalled EW covers The Challenge seasons and found this:
http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/11/mtv-the-challenge-invasion-cast/
I never even heard of some of these RW seasons, I stopped watching when Las Vegas w/Trishelle started.
Good info on Champ Ashley, Jenna won't like this at all!
I'll miss LaToya, she cracks me up.
And figures we were continued to be teased with The Champs. Looks like the action kicks in next week. They are going to tear it up!

And Mom of Three, I get what you're saying to some degree; the two scenarios were different. Johnny wouldn't have come in first with out Sarah. That's a lot of money, there is no way I could do that & live with myself. I find him so horrible, yet incredibly entertaining. I am always happy when I see him come back as he definitely livens the show up. I have lot of mixed emotions for this guy

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Johnny revels in being the villain & stealing her winnings was a win-win for him.

Johnny is smart & knows how to manipulate people & situations to his best advantage, which is why this season handicaps him, he's left with a bunch of competitors vying for the win instead of minions.

Apparently Ashley dumped Zach, they were well over soon after the season ended, so that's ancient history.

I used to watch RW faithfully but now that they don't repeat or have on demand for weeks - I miss most of the seasons & then give up.

I mainly watch RW to know who is in the challenges but I never even remember the AYTO cast members so it's like I don't know half the Challenge cast.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Bumping because another new season is starting up on July 18th- The 30th one for them, believe it or not.

The official title is "The Challenge XXX: Dirty Thirty"- and they're playing for a million dollars this season...

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/10/the-challenge-season-30-mtv/