TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Project Runway - New on Bravo (Season...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway - New on Bravo (Season 17) users admin

Project Runway
Project Runway (on Bravo)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 17, 2019Dipo25 03-17-19  11:25 am
Archive through March 26, 2019Roxip25 03-26-19  11:45 am
Archive through April 05, 2019Grooch25 04-05-19  6:30 am
Archive through April 07, 2019Grooch25 04-07-19  3:39 pm
Archive through April 29, 2019Sadiesmom25 04-29-19  11:39 am
Archive through May 09, 2019Dipo25 05-09-19  10:29 pm
Archive through May 28, 2019Lexie_girl25 05-28-19  10:19 am
Archive through June 11, 2019Sadiesmom25 06-11-19  10:11 pm
Archive through June 14, 2019Seamonkey25 06-14-19  1:14 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Me, too. And I'm really impressed at how well Bravo did the remake off the show. They did a good a job, and it's fresh. I love the new judge Carson. And I thought I would dislike the new host Carlie (because who could replace Heidi?) and that she would get on my nerves, but she did a good job and she seems like a caring person. Though the way she speaks could be annoying at times, but, I find that a lot with young females theses days and she wasn't bad compared to most.

Good job, Bravo!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I for one am not sure Hester will take the DVF mentorship - she hasn't shown herself to be able to take direction during the run of the show.

I guess the judges look at fashion as art and I look at fashion as something to wear, and there is a deep chasm at times between the two!

I am so happy Sebastian won. He is not only a fabulous designer but appears to be a genuinely nice person. I thought Garo's clothes were beautiful but I think he was a victim of his own over-production - if he had been able to focus only on designing 10-12 amazing looks (instead of the 20 he ultimately ended up with) perhaps he could have done a better job of perfecting the ones that he did make. He should have also listened to what Christian (and indeed Hester) told him and kept that beaded dress in his collection because the judges loved it.

I did like how they showed us more of the behind the scenes stuff at a fashion show, the tweaking, the stains that show up at the last minute, etc. The one thing I would like to see more of is the hair and makeup process.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You are definitely right that Hester does not not respond well to mentoring!

She seemed awfully full of herself in the finale.

I watched the last two shows last night for the first time.

Editing would help in her home as well as her designs, as well as her own wardrobe.

She has skills and vision and produced looks that were well made, and plenty of attitude but is she open to learning?

I think Nina went the other way in voting because Sebastian would listen and use the prize mentorships. Diane's offer to Hester was the perfect out,maybe.

Karlie was way better than expected and Christian was wonderful.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
In the past Diana has also told Michael Costello to call her, she loved his draping. I'm never sure how sincere the guest judges are when they make these offers.
I miss Heidi,Zac,Tim and the old Nina. I do like Christian, he was great and I grew to like Brandon. I do not like Elaine and I'm not crazy about Karlie.
Each designer had pieces in their collection that I liked.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
The thing I didn't like about Hester was her use of pointy boobs... she did it throughout the season... I just don't think it is a good look.

I figured when Garo came back with soooo many looks and not being to make decision on his final looks that he'd be doomed.... and I was right.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And her pointy boob covers seem always to be on display and only for those without much in the boob department. She even said it one model that she actually had to support the model's actual boobs! Imagine that!

I am not a fan of Elaine.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, now that the magic elves are back in the runway business, I was trying to think of the differences between lifetime and bravo.

I think there was more design issues and less personal fighting and back stabbing. there seemed to be more time to design clothes. i.e. 2 day designs. So it seems that Lifetime got more hung up in spending more on salaries of the stars and less in the production of the show. I think this reboot allowed them to scale back salaries and spend more on locations and length of show. Less time in the dorm and more time in the workshop.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So I just went to Bravo and looked at all the finale looks and to be honest I like Garo's clothes the best. Too bad they weren't constructed better because honestly they are beautiful. Sebastian's are also cool but to me they aren't as pretty as Garo's.

I can't imagine anyone over the age of 16 wearing Hester's clothing and shame on their parents if they let them go out wearing them! Yes, I'm showing my age but tacky and ugly is still tacky and ugly in my book.

I know, art is in the eye of the beholder.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I agree her home was so silly and childish. I want my home to have a calming effect,hers was the opposite. Her final designs were a bit more subdued so I’m ok with her in 2 nd place.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I am glad that Sebastian won. He was the bartender on Watch What Happens after the finale. I really do hope that he has a successful career. With mentoring from the CFDA, I think he will be OK.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I loved both Garo's and Sebastian's collections. I wonder if it would have turned out differently if Garo had left the beaded dress in his collection and not shown the dress with the eff'd up zipper? They both had spectacular pieces in their collections. Very wearable.

I also thought that Christian and Karlie were awesome. They both had very big shoes to fill and they did it well. I also liked Jason. I didn't love Elaine, but I didn't dislike her either.

When I was in my late teens, early 20s, I was going through the disco era and I had some fantastic disco dresses (or so I thought) which I would never be caught dead in now. However, in spite of wearing horrendous disco clothing, I have my taste limits and there's no way I would have worn Hester's clothes when I was in my late teens or early 20s. She's editorial and not commercial.

I think both Karlie and Christian did very well. They had very big shoes to fill and they did it well!!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Loved Christian. KArlie was fine.Dont you wish you could revisit just one night of those disco days, I do.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, yes I do!!!

I forgot to mention that I actually grew to like Brandon as the season went on. As far as Elaine, I don't love her but I don't hate her so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other if she comes back. However, I do want to see everyone else come back.

If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that Christian would have been such a good mentor that I would have forgotten about Tim Whatshisname by the end of the season, I would have said you were crazy.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I could never forget about Tim Gunn, but I do like Christian very much.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Tim and Christian bring two very different perspectives to the workroom. Tim is more professorial and gentle while Christian is more on point and blunt. I think both work in their own unique way. Quite honestly I think Christian is more up-to-date and on trend while at some points Tim was fussy and a bit dated (which probably means I liked his perspective better...LOL!). Both of them have excellent taste and seem to have developed an eye for what the judges want to see.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
If I recall correctly, Tim was an instructor at the fashion institute when the original show began/ Whereas Christian is a working designer who has been through this show a contestant.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That is my recollection also.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
While driving yesterday, I tuned in to NPR on my radio. Of course, just before I got to my destination I discovered that they were interviewing Elaine Welteroth, the judge from Project Runway.

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but here's a link to listen to the interview. Just click on the blue play button in the top left corner.

Elaine Welteroth On Transforming Teen Vogue And Knowing Your Worth

quote:

We spoke with Welteroth about summoning our inner boss and what she learned after leaving media.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've read some things that Teen Vogue is promoting these days...I wouldn't be purchasing a subscription for my teen! I'm not against teenagers being informed about sex but I don't think a magazine that promotes itself as being for teenagers is the best source. How to on anal sex? how to on getting an abortion without parental consent? Seriously?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Huh? I feel so old and out of touch.

Like I said before, I haven't listened to the interview yet. Was she discussing that in her interview? I was hoping she was dishing on PR, and finding out more about her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ho, sorry, just my random off topic commentary. I will delete if you prefer.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I certainly hope not
https://dlisted.com/2019/07/22/project-runway-may-be-coming-to-an-end/#more-345825

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: