TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Seeking Sister Wife: Archive through January 27, 2019 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching this show that comes on right after Sister Wives?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Not yet but I've been thinking about checking it out, it's just that I have so many shows that I watch now. Is it any good? There was a show on last year or the year before about another plural family and I didn't care for any of them so now I stopped watching that show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I tend to fall asleep while watching it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay so I'm not missing anything LOL

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I watched it for the first time yesterday. I found it interesting and a little creepy. I’ll probably watch again 🤪

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It has 3 plural families. Actually, 1 couple that want another wife, 1 family that has 2 wives & is looking for a 3rd, & 1 family that has 3 wives with the newest wife trying to fit in.

The 1st family isn't even legally married & have 2 kids with the mom about to pop w/the 3rd kid. They are not even of the faith & they, on purpose have not legally married because they want the 2nd wife to be equal.

The 2nd family have been together awhile & both wives have several kids. It seems like they are wanting someone to just help out because they're looking at a woman that has admitted she is baron.

The 3rd family has the most Drama! Wife #1 was the only wife for several yrs. Her name is April & she IMO feels superior to the other wives. Wife #2 has been around for awhile & has several kids. Wife #3 hasn't been around long - but long enough to have a baby.

The 1st ep showed the 3rd family all moving into the same big house - a first for them to all be living under the same roof. #1 & #2 clash some. #2 & #3 are concerned because they are not legal in Utah & are in fear of jail & their kids going into the child protective system. In ep 2, they decided as a "family" that as far as neighbors were to know, all the kids are wife #1s, wife #2 is a close "family" relative, & wife #3 is the "nanny". They even set down all of the kids & told them this. This could get good & dramatic!

I'm going to keep watching & that's why I started this thread.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Family # 3 will have to juggle all the lies which could be a challenge.... One of the families had someone who on a live chat needed to share something...Any idea what she needed to share ?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps that is the woman who is barren who had to share?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
You are correct Roxip. She was afraid that would put her out of the running but the husband & his already 2 wives didn't seem to think it was a big issue - like I said, they are looking for someone to help with the kids & work load they already have.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 29, 2018 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
cpl #1 had a "date" with the potential new wife & the husband went on a 1 on 1 later with the gal. They are hitting it off.

Family #2 got stood up on their "date" with their potential new wife. Husband & both current wife went to airport to pick her up & that's how they found out they were stood up.

Family #3 with even more drama. I can't warm up to 1st wife, April. 2nd wife really has understandable issues with 1st wife & 3rd wife tries to play mediator but 1st wife is really rubbing her the wrong way too. You can tell that Drew, the husband looks to be getting upset as well with the wives drama but, he is really mellow & tries to keep the peace with all of them. That 1st wife is dominating & not in a likable way.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 29, 2018 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
This family #3 recently packed up & moved to Oregon out of fear from Utah laws. (googled & found this out).

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 3:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Apparently, family #3 had been living in separate homes, prior to filming so they didn't have to face their issues every day. I don't know if they just moved together for the filming.

The show is called seeking sister wives, I wonder if family #3 is seeking another as well? They need to fix what they have first.

A lot of passive aggressive behavior.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I was taken aback how the family with 3 wives talked to their children. Telling them to lie, not call him dad etc.
Then scared them with the mommy and daddy going to prison if the neighbors find out.
Your on TV! Your neighbors already know along with everyone else.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Cpl # 1 - pregnant "wife" looks to have issues w/her man sleeping with potential new "wife" on his 1st 1 on 1 date with her (I would too!)

family #2 - focus is on their kids since they were stood up by that potential 3rd wife. The pregnant wife looks to be having a problem pregnancy.

Dram family #3 - 1st wife & Drew go away for 20th wedding anniversary & Drew throws his back out 1st day (old injury that is now flared up from taking 1st wife horseback riding). While away, tire swing breaks & one of 1st wife's kids is injured. 2nd wife takes her to hospital & everything will be ok. April (1st wife) realizes that this is one of the advantages of being a plural wife - having more moms to take care of & love your kids.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
#1 Oh My! Boy she is in a no win situation now. She has to accept the situation now (otherwise they will just sneak behind her back) but is going to resent both of them forever.

#2 I have a feeling there never was a pregnancy.

#3 I was shocked that the sis wife told the mother that the child probably broke her vertebrae.

First wife has a bit of a Stepford wife air to her.

"I broke my back, but the therapist said horseback riding would help limber it up." Surely there was a mention about conditioning & having a strong core before horseback riding.

I'm getting so cynical.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
#1 Snowdens: met w/the "gal" & she didn't bring up that she slept w/husband on 1st date so husband & wife dump her.

#2 Aldridges: 1st wife isn't PG after all & just has some kind of growth instead. Cks into Hsp to have a surgery & 2nd wife is stuck with all of the kids by herself.

#3 The Birneys (or whatever the name is): 1st wife is still hard to get along with & 3rd wife can't stand her. 2nd wife is trying to keep the piece. They go on an all family camping trip & it's obvious that 3rd wife isn't 1 bit happy about being there.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
#1 Snowden’s. Now considering a person the wife knows online. She has 5 kids. That’s a lot of kids for someone to have with no relationship. Where is the father or fathers of all these children.

#2 Alridges; Seem the most okay. Just don’t understand why they’re looking at someone who can’t have children and doesn’t feel any connection with the other family members.
Would she just be there to give Jeff someone new to sleep with.

#3 Birneys; Seems like they have too many problems already to bring in anyone new. I think they are too hard on the thrid wife. This is her first baby so of course she is going to be absorbed in that. Plus the constant fighting of the other two would drive me nuts.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
#1 Snowden's: didn't get a connection between prospective new wife (the gal 2/5 kids) & the husband. Not that looks should matter, but this gal was chubby & she does have 5 kids already. His current wife & the last prospect are both thin.

#2 Aldridge: I got that prospective new wife bonded with the already 2nd wife but not the husband or the 1st wife. They'll have to keep looking.

#3 Birneys: Wife #1, April is selfish. I loved how husband, Drew even rolled his eyes when talking about it. The other 2 wives seem willing to do anything they have to do to try to make their family work. At least for now, April is moving with the family & going to try to make things work. IMO, things will work if the other 2 wives agree to <removed - 99> to her!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, I wanted April to stay and let them go. I thought the husband was overbearing and domineering and annoying.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody else notice that all the Birney's wives name start with "A"? (I don't normally watch this show but I happened across it last night and was too bored with everything else to change the channel.)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I noticed that early on. I also noticed something about Drew, the husband that I had not noticed all season: He is kind of a dictator! He has seemed to let the wives duke it out & just observe for the whole season until last night, we saw him having his fill of April & putting his foot down. Maybe, she has started getting on his nerves too!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I’m bummed this series is over! That was entertaining to watch.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I know, I was just starting to get to know these folks. I wander if they will have a 2nd season.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, March 12, 2018 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I saw Drew and Angela at the meeting that Browns were at before the protest in Utah.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
This show cracks me up