TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 05, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : Archive through September 05, 2018 users admin

Amberish

05-20-2018

Monday, August 27, 2018 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amberish a private message Print Post    
Real Housewives prohibited from promoting their businesses?

We recently watched Bethenny promoting her skinny girl jeans, didn't we? Sonja promoted her clothing line when talking about her reunion dress. Luann no longer promotes her clothing line that no longer exists. Ramona was associated with another skincare line --- for at least a couple of years --- that must have recently ended, thus allowing Bethenny an opportunity to rip Ramona. Before her marriage ended, Ramona skincare was sold on Amazon.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Because they were not in direct competition with advertisers on Bravo. Bethenny can promote the jeans, but not the liquor. Advertisers threatened to pull their advertising because the HW were basically getting "free" air time to endorse their products. If you remember last year, Bethenny always had a "Skinnygirl" logo either on a snowboard (when they were skiing) or a hard-hat (when they were in Mexico), or she would have bottles of Skinnygirl placed all around the room and in the background, but she could never talk about her liquor any more on TV.

Also, businesses they owned prior to being cast as HW are exempt as long as they are not in direct competition with advertisers. There is also a big difference between a "business" (think Zarin Fabrics, Villa Blanca, Sur, etc. etc.) and them hawking products on TV because they are being paid by advertisers on social media (think hair extensions, Ramona Pinot Grigio, etc.).

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 4:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Bethenny can't promote Skinny Girl the way she did before. It was obnoxious how in your face it was.

If she didn't push it so over the top, advertisers probably wouldn't have said anything.

Also, I agree with Bethenny in that I don't want to watch them doing fake businesses. Though, I do miss Sonya's toaster oven endeavours.

Amberish

05-20-2018

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amberish a private message Print Post    
The thing is, I've googled and can't find anything mentioning Bethenny prohibited from promoting Skinnygirl while filming Housewives.

What I do know from watching is she still promotes Skinnygirl products. So, is it only the logo she can no longer use because she shares use of the Skinnygirl logo with Skinnygirl Cocktails --- a company she no longer owns?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bethenny "works" (for lack of a better word) for Jim Beam promoting Skinnygirl alcoholic beverages. As far as I know, Bethenny "owns" Skinnygirl jeans.

Amber - this rule does not just apply to Bethenny. It applies to all of the HW who could possibly use the show for free advertising for these products they are paid to hawk on social media. It does not apply to businesses they owned prior to joining the show which are not in direct competition with advertisers.

Grooch - agreed. RHNY was basically a one-hour commercial for Skinnygirl, Ramona Pinot Grigio, Sonja and Lu's clothing lines, Heather's "yummy tummy," (or whatever it was called), Jules had some sort of juice or tea or whatever it was, Kristen had the nail polish, etc. etc. etc. It was way out of control and that's why the advertisers threatened to pull their commercials if it didn't stop.

Amberish

05-20-2018

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amberish a private message Print Post    
Lexie... What's the source? I'm seriously not finding any.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Amber - I don't know what to tell you but this was several years ago and I'm certainly not going to waste my time looking for it. I honestly don't remember whether it was an written interview with Andy Cohen (and where I read it) or a video interview (and where I watched it). It's not that difficult a concept to understand when you realize that for the last couple of years the HW have NOT been hawking "products" on the show (not to be confused with "businesses").

Why would you even want to waste your time looking for something that is blatantly obvious? I don't understand why you are having such a difficult time accepting that the HW are not allowed to hawk products anymore due to complaints from the sponsors about the HW getting "free advertising." It's not that difficult to comprehend. The fact that we are still talking about this is almost stupid.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Well, I hope it's true and I don't have to watch about Kandi's sex toys anymore. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I honestly can't remember if we heard about her sexy toys last season. It's not like there are any sex toys manufacturers/distributors advertising on Bravo.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Dang! At the thought they will be back on.

But then again, I think Kandi is one of Andy's favorites. Maybe she supplies him with a free stash every few months.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
We saw her promote the Escape tour last season, and the OLG restaurant. But Kandi does know that most of the fans of RH are really turned off by the sex toys line, which is why she doesn't talk about it much on the show (even though it is not in competition with Bravo advertisers).

Amberish

05-20-2018

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amberish a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I thought about it and given Bethenny sold Skinnygirl Cocktails --- in full --- a few years back, it makes absolute sense that she not be permitted to promote the booze given the company is no longer is hers. Likewise, Bravo blocking the logo makes sense, too. However, didn't she host the tequila tour last season or was it the season before?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The tequila tour was last year but she had Skinnygirl logos on the hard-hats when they were at the factory... LOL

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
I personally am not bothered by all the "advertising" any of the housewives do on any of the franchises. Whatever the rules are that's for all involved to figure out. I am bothered by Bethenny's total oblivion to her treatment of the other women. Good gracious alive it would be totally exhausting to be her friend. All the shouting, hand gestures, passive aggresive comments and downright insults would positively make me run far away. She impresses me with her charity towards those less fortunate and love for animals but I'm afraid that's not enough to excuse her appalling behavior on the show this season right down to and including the reunion. If someone, ANYONE can do the impossible and take her down a peg or two that would make my day. Don't think it will happen though after all these years.

Amberish

05-20-2018

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amberish a private message Print Post    
Carole stood up to Bethenny and she got the ax. Prior, it was Heather and she was also let go. As I recall, things didn't work out well for those others that stood up to Bethenny during her first go around on Housewives.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Jill. That was the first person Bethenny got axed. Very manipulative that one.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
And I think Aviva was a group effort. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, it looks like Jill may be coming back. It wasn't just the group that got Aviva axed - the fans also had something to say about her (and her perv father).

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
I never thought about that Amberish. Those who stood up to Bethenny being let go I mean. Perhaps as someone said earlier Bethenny IS Andy's favorite and that's why those who go against her ARE dropped from the show. Have never been a fan of Carole but I was very impressed at how she didn't back down to Bethenny at the reunion. Unfortunately she too won't be back however I am sure that (from what I've read) it's because she wants to move on to other things with her IMO being tired of all the Bethenny "drama". Am hoping Jill does come back, I liked her:-) I liked Aviva too, her dad however was disgusting with a capital D. On a side note how crazy am I to keep watching these crazy ladies, LOL!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh Rainynights, you watch because it is hard to believe they are so nuts, hahahahahaha. Everyweek it amazes me.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Maybe I missed it but I was surprised no one mentioned the smile Bethenny had on her face when Carole told Andy he was full of it. To me it was almost a "aha- got ya to lose your cool" smile to me. Probably the only genuine looking smile I saw her give all season.

In the beginning of the New York franchise I couldn't stand Bethenny, then when she came back she seemed different, friendly even, but now she's back to how she was before. I would have to watch reruns to determine if she as worse then or worse now.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Bethenny is a difficult person to be around for long periods of time. And by long, I mean over the years. She is smart, funny, acerbic, knowledgable, can speak well. All good things.
The thing that bothers me the most about Bethenny is that she is a "last worder". No matter what, she must have the lsat word. Even if it is a very tiny word like yes or no. She must have the last word. It is so frustrating and annoying after years that is can make a person lose it. And when that last word is for the camera, its even worse.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The person I would like to see come back is Jules. I always felt like she got a raw deal and should have gotten another season.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Misty, I haven't seen the episode yet, but Carole is very good friends with Andy. Could Bethenny be smiling because this was filmed before Carol quit/fired and Bethenny could use this as ammo to get Carole to quit/be fired?

I still like Bethenny. She may be a last worder, but I have people like that in my life.

I'd like Ramona to be the one "auffed" because she is a nasty woman with no story line ever since Mario left her.

I know somebody that when he used to work at a store and she would come in, he would have to leave because she was so horrible. He said he wasn't paid enough to put up with her.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ramona's voice makes me angry..... She brings nothing to the show.