TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Born This Way: Archive through July 21, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I notice most of them have FitBits of something similar. Good if they get more exercise..

Rachel and her parents live here in Fountain Valley.. Have never run into them, but maybe someday.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought Kris telling Megan not to touch a penis because they had gluten and she was allergic to be pretty funny.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I fear that Sean is going to get his heart broken by Megan and I'm not sure that Megan cares. Nor am I sure what Stephan is doing.

When did Elana become so insightful?

I didn't realize Christina and Angel had so many issues, have we been privy to them and I forgot?

Loving Rachel and her year of yes.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
No, we are only now seeing more of Christina and Angel, and their issues....only in the last few episodes. They were not as prominent in the first season.

Glad Rocco got a hopeful IDP. I cringed when I heard them read the part of the analysis about him being nonverbal (forgetting exactly what it said). I still have my medical reports from almost 40 years ago where they made the statement that I was mildly retarded due to my speech disability, BEFORE they ran all the tests. After the tests, it showed how wrong they were. Lack of Communication is one of the biggest issues when it comes to kids who get in trouble ....too many times kids are punished for their behavior instead of taking the time to see what is behind that behavior - and most of the time the behavior is due to frustration in communication.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Legal, I imagine that is really hard to hear.. And how off the mark they were about you!

I like that they have included Rocco to show the earlier hurdles, and how his parents are getting support.

Sean seemed very good with Rocco in an earlier episode, and it was good to see him, for that time, not obsessing about girls.

Stephen, back in season one had not wanted to date girls with disabilities, and what you posted, Legal, makes me understand that more.. He probably has been told he is higher functioning. But he was afraid of dating. I think he didn't know what to do about Megan, who is not afraid, but too much for him. I think what is happening now is a desire to go back to just friends and he may worry about Sean being hurt, or also being too obsessed with Megan.

I am loving Elena and Rachel.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a great episode. I love John's mom.

Elena and John had such a good time in Japan, but she was quite clear that she did not want to move there.

Her speech there, and then at the U.N. representing Japan .. Both were excellent.

Megan made good decision, finally, about Sean.

Christina embarks on life in her own place.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Elena's transformation has been nothing short of miraculous. I would never have expected her to come so far in such a short time. Good for her she deserves all the blessings she's reaping right now. I love that her relationship with her mom seems golden these days. And her friendship with John is just fantastic how supportive they are of each other.
As for Megan the irony her telling Sean he was moving too fast for her did not escape me. I mean maybe now she'll be a little bit more understanding of her behavior with Stephen and how she was too pushy and moving too fast. Basically she had a really good thing going and she blew it. Hopefully they can get over it and get back together cuz I think they make a very sweet couple.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 1:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes!

I think Stephen, not having dated much, and under the thrall of that cruise they were on, gave her gifts and she jumped ahead, having been in a relationship in Colorado..

But I hope she will gain insight.

Remember that sweet Rachel at one time was stealing on the job, but people worked with her and now she doesn't do that and is still employed.

The previews look good for Rachel on her date.

That flashback they showed of Elena really brought home now she has grown in confidence.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I loved that we got to see the Japan trip. Elena & John's friendship is fun to watch. I don't remember how she worded it, but Elena said something like "we get each other"

The parents, I think, are becoming stars on their own, from this show. I enjoy watching them almost as much as watching their kids ☺

This show is doing a great job of showing us not only different levels of functioning but also the age span - from Rocco just starting school to Christina gaining her independence and living in her own.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree Starr, the parents and may I add their siblings add a depth to their stories that we wouldn't know otherwise.

Sea I have no recollection about Rachel stealing, so I'm kind of shocked. I would like to see her with a boyfriend and a successful relationship she really deserves it. I don't like that flip that she does with her hair... it's so bloody old fashioned and frankly unflattering... she looked so good at a dance when she had her hair up.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
My sister said something about Rachel stealing peoples snacks at work but I never saw that episode.

I agree the hair flip is a bit old fashioned but I kinda like it in spite of myself. I think it would be nice to see a fresh new hairstyle for her though.

I was a bit offended a couple episodes ago when Rachel went to the casting director who said something to the effect that she would look for or call her when any Downs Syndrome parts came about. Isn't the whole point, that they are people who just happen to have Downs Syndrome? Couldn't she play a butcher, baker or candlestick maker just as well as many other people could?

I'm glad the parents intervened with Megan and Sean because I think Megan would have really broken his heart. Probably not maliciously but Megan is pretty Megancentric.

Elana really has grown, good for her. She was quite something at the coffee shop, she made most of the customers smile.

I hope we still have several episodes, this show seems to end quickly.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sugar you make great points here and I agree with them all. I just hope like you that there are lots more episodes to come this season. I do follow them on Facebook and Twitter a little bit.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
That was a pretty great episode. Hilarious to watch Elena with her date ("eat it!"), loved Megan's references to Cookie Lyon, loved the resolution (hopefully) at the end.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Soooooo happy Elena and Rachel had dates and enjoyed themselves. Elena really is a hoot. And Rachel is genuinely the sweetest thing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The finale was last night.. Great episode!

It seemed like Megan is learning from this experience.

Not sure Sean was buying his dad's advice that dating takes time, or that he listened to Megan's mom about Megan needing time to work through Stephen breaking up with her. That is complicated for all of them, being friends and on the show together.

Stephen DID seem to get his part in the problem and I liked that he and Megan talked.

All three of their dates probably wondered what was going on.

Interesting that when Stephen's date asked if he knew Megan, he said no.. Then Megan just announced she was his ex.

Elena was so excited to have a date and a kiss on the cheek.

So sweet that John's sister came with him so he had a date.

I agree about Rachel's flip.

In one episode she got it loose curled and wore it down and that looked really great.

Her date seems sweet and not over aggressive, which is perfect.

I loved that she noticed he didn't eat his ice cream due to talking and holding her hand.

I loved the group of moms from the show and not from the show, had the shower for Rocco's mom.

Rocco has a very sweet family.

I think tv and other media have a big influence.. Like Megan's concept of revenge, straight out of tv, or Sean's past obsession with Meghan Trainor..

And some of the drama is not unlike that of supposedly fully functioning adults.

Anyway love the show, now hoping for a next season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I really loved Rachel and Christina having a "girl's night" at Christina's apartment!

I cracked up when Rachel looked in the mirror and said she looked like Mrs Doubtfire!

And when she gave up on the cucumber slices and just ate them!!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Seems to me that Megan is about 2 seconds off of being a mini stalker. I certainly hope the producers are not encouraging her behavior.
Her Mom has to stay on top of her behavior.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea I absolutely love your recap and totally agree a billion trillion zillion shmillion percent.
It's probably going to be a long wait till the next season that's the only thing I hate about it.

Marsmeko I wish that Megan's mom would start dating... she's such a knockout and she seems like a really nice lady and it's kind of sad that she seems to have no life beyond her daughter... she's too young for that.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
You are indeed correct Mameblanche as to Megan's Mom and life beyond her only child.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Am watching the scene with the pre-party at Rachael's house. Megan, Megan, Megan! Stop trying to make Steven jealous. Maybe Kris needs to help Megan understand that talking about marriage after a date or two is simply moving to fast. If I had been Steven, I would have run far and fast. I think she may be a bit too influenced by TV characters and pseudo celebrities.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am so glad I'm not in my 20's and dating.

I agree that Kris probably needs to give more focus to herself, at least from what we see. I suspect she does 90% or more of the work for Megology. They had a cousin helping at one point. Do we know what Kris may have done or does for a living?

I thought Rococo had a sister who was much older, 16 or 18.

This season went by quickly, 10 episodes are not enough.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I thought Kris was a teacher at one point if not her then one of the other moms.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If I was her and dating, I would choose not to make that part of the show. And really it is more about the younger ones with Down and all their families do to try to ensure that they will have a solid foundation in the future. Some have sibilings.. John, Rachel, Elena (though they may live in Japan? I'm confused a bit about her family, have to admit.. ) But Rachel and John clearly have siblings who WILL be major support in the future.

Megan seems to be an only child.

As for dating for any of them not still with the original spouse.. they have mentioned how difficult that can be.

That is good news that they can bank at least some amount per year from Megology so that Megan can build up some money. How they determine that she is spending it on approved things, I have no idea.

And the sobering thing I learned awhile back is the connection between Down syndrome and early Alzheimer's and that hasn't been mentioned on this show, and doubt it will be, but it is a huge concern for parents I've met .. more future planning, for sure.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea I never suggested that production follow Kris around on her dates if and when she has any. I just wish she had a social life cuz I think she deserves it. Overall I think she's been an awesome mother to Megan.
I agree with Sugar that it's questionable just how much Megan puts into the company elbow grease wise.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I agree with you. Mame..

As for the company.. hard to say but I'm sure the main goal is to use the type of accounts mentioned briefly to allow them to put money away for Megan from the company and to set her up.. I know last season she was getting Megan to start learning more skills in case she was able to move out. Hopefully she is better with those things.

Christina is a good role model for that!