TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Raising Tourette's

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Raising Tourette's users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
New show starting August 15 featuring young people with Tourette's.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have seen one show and I hope it will be a good way for people to learn about kids coping with Tourette's.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have a friend with Tourette's who I take photography workshops from in the PNW. Known him for over 20 years. He does not take in any caffeine or alcohol because that exacerbates the symptoms. It's not as severe as some, but when he's really tired or stressed, it comes out more than normal. It doesn't bother me at all. A while back, I took a different photography workshop in Arizona. The instructor knew him and started to make a disparaging comment about him, that I was certain was related to the Tourette's. I believe that the look on my face made her stop and she ended up saying 'never mind'. Really disappointed me how much people don't know about the disease. Hope this can raise awareness.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 20, 2018 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good for you!

I was impressed with the students planning ahead and explaining to teachers that they may need to leave the room, so sitting near an exit is good. And the group of friends going to a dance and being aware of stimulus overload.

Gramcracker

08-13-2018

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gramcracker a private message Print Post    
What is the name of the show? I just saw your post but am hoping to catch the show somehow. My grandson deals with Tourette's.

Kathyb

05-17-2006

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathyb a private message Print Post    
"Raising Tourette's" on TLC - The Learning Channel

Gramcracker

08-13-2018

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gramcracker a private message Print Post    
Found it. Wednesday's at 9pm central. Living with Tourette's.

Gramcracker

08-13-2018

Friday, August 24, 2018 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gramcracker a private message Print Post    
Kathyb. I'll check that one out also. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: