TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : Archive through August 01, 2018 users admin

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
LuAnn is back in rehab for a second time and won't be part of the reunion, taping very soon.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the lawsuit her ex husband and her kids just filed against her has anything to do with it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That's interesting.... I never heard how the charges in Palm Beach were resolved, perhaps she has learned that going to rehab goes over better with the judges.

Plus I know she was telling everyone that she wasn't drinking but I swear there were a few times on the show where I thought she had a glass of wine, which is fine, but I remember thinking it was odd. I could be wrong, perhaps it was a wine glass with water or sprite.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I saw that to Dipo. When they all went on that retreat after Lu got out of rehab, she was holding a wine glass in her hand as she went to her room and the door was closing. I had to rewind to see if I really saw the glass, and she was holding a wine glass that looked to me to be white wine.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The sad thing is I really don't consider Lu to be an alcoholic. If anything, she has a wooden leg and can drink more than most women and not get drunk. I understand her going to rehab because of the incident in Palm Beach - but she effed up that weekend and she paid the price by getting arrested. I have known quite a few raging alcoholics in my lifetime, and Lu is not even in their league when it comes to drinking.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
If LuAnn cannot lay off the sauce, long enough to settle all her court cases, she has a problem with alcohol.
Filming did not help her cause because her co-stars cannot have a alcohol free get together. Supportive friends would have said, just for this weekend, lets not drink. Even if LuAnn says it does not bother her. All these women have been around long enough, and have had enough friends do a spell in rehab to know, being in this situation is not good for new sobriety. Whoever set up the spa weekend should have said, no alcohol in our cottage. Regardless of what Lu Ann says.
A good reason to surround yourself with sober friends your first year of sobriety. They truly understand how difficult it is to break the cycle. Stay away from slippery slopes.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
My thoughts exactly Missyb. To me, they all rely too much on alcohol. I know the show likes to push it because it brings out more drama. But if you can't be interesting without having to drink, maybe you shouldn't be on the show. JMHO

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She took a plea to a misdemeanor in the Palm Beach case. As far as the case with her ex and her children - that could take quite some time to settle or maybe not.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
They all seem to have problems whenever they drink and I agree with Bbpeach that Bravo likes this as it makes for more drama/altercations etc. Who is and who isn't an actual alcoholic I don't know as I'm not a professional. I do believe though that if your behavior while intoxicated lands you in jail then you DO have a problem. I wish Luanne the best on her recovery.....it won't be easy for her as long as she stays with this group however.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Carole has quit RHNY.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good, I never thought she added much to the show.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Omg. I checked her Twitter a few hours ago and there was no mention of it.

Off to google.

Rainynights

03-03-2008

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainynights a private message Print Post    
Yea! Won't miss her one.single.bit.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Evidently Bethenny wanted to quit mid-season but they wouldn't let her out of her contract. Now that Carole has quit, I wonder if Bethenny will stay for another year.

The irony of Carole quitting is after all of these years with no story line and sitting at the end of the couch at the reunions, this year's reunion was her first year sitting next to Andy. LOLZ...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And another thing... Dorinda clearly needs rehab more than Luann.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Doesn't Dorinda watch the episodes and see herself after she has had a couple glasses of wine? She can barely get her words out and is the definition of a sloppy drink. It is almost caricature.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL....
Carey O'Donnell Verified account @ecareyo
20h20 hours ago
More
I love to imagine Lee Radziwill putting out a cigarette in a brass ash tray and quietly saying “Enough” to Carole

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Missyb, that's why she is called "Slurrrinda" - because of how much she slurs when she's drunk. Dorinda got dragged on Twitter about needing rehab.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Page Six is reporting that Carole was fired, not quit. I know they do fire a lot of them and let them say that they quit.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Sonja called Page 6 and told them that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I seriously doubt Page Six (because they get more wrong than right). Andy would have never fired Carole as she is one of his BFFs (especially after she finally had a story line this season and got to sit next to him on the reunion couch). If he didn't fire her after all these seasons of being boring, he wasn't going to fire her after she finally had a story line (especially since she's good friends with Tinsley). I'm not buying that at all. Usually when they say they quit, I'm like "Bullshit... you were fired." In this case I do believe Carole quit on her own.

Now what is interesting is it is being reported they are in talks to bring back Jill Zarin. That sets it up for an OG vs. the new girls situation. You'll have Jill, Bethenny, Luann, Ramona and Sonja on one side of the table and Dorinda and Tinsley on the other side of the table. Also, Jill does not drink. She's not going to tolerate "Slurrrinda."

I hope they reach an agreement for a contract with Jill. It might return NYC back to its glory days.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Would Bethenny want to work with Jill? After the funeral, didn't Bethenny say she still didn't want Jill in her life?

I don't know how I feel about Jill coming back. I liked her, but she annoyed the heck out of me at the same time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I saw somewhere that Bethenny and Jill have kept in touch.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
wow... just caught up on the last two weeks of episodes. I cannot wait for the reunion with this past dinner scene... two fights at once makes a truly laugh out loud moment for the audience given how bad it was getting.

I may not always like Bettheny or agree with her, but i do find her genuine in her reactions - versus many of the other women. And I always am on the fence about LuAnn - in one sense she is not scared to try anything, so is not a diva in that way, but she has her moments!

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
It continues to amaze me the lack of self awareness most of these women seem to have or perhaps more of self denial.

Dorinda: clearly an alcoholic in need of an intervention and treatment

Bethenny: tunnel vision of the world in how her words and actions affect others no matter what good works she does or how much of it she does

Sonja: How I react is not how anyone else should react. Reminds me a bit too much of the character Norma Desmond

LuAnn: Improving since she quit drinking...but possible she really hasn't quit drinking

Carole: I think her aloofness is partly due to losing so many people close to her.

Tinsley: Trust fund baby who just needs to grow up, but seems essentially pretty nice