TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through September 11, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I haven't watched the episode yet and I was hopelessly lost (kind of like your auto correct!).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jake being Anderson, not Harris.

Jake did his usual call to beg Sig for guidance, and since the weather and water have changed the presumed locations of the crab, all of the captains were going farther or deeper..

So Sig said he was checking an area and for Jake to set a test string nearby and they could help each other.

Jake had horrible results, while Sig had pots crammed with crab.

Jake got a few of the wrong type.

Sig was puzzled, so he pulled one of Jake's pots and the bait was sqid, which isn't preferred by the type of crab they were being allowed to catch.

Jake said his greenhorn was baiting but the other guys should have watched..

If course, Jake probably should have checked.

Sig basically sent him off.

Previews say a legendary captain will quit forever.. Or give up the chair..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Who are left we would consider legendary...

Sig, Keith, Bill and Jonathan (who looked like he had really aged in the few shots of the first episode I saw last week...still a week behind). We know Sig has health issues, Keith has fought alcoholism and family issues...Bill only came back to crab fishing to train his son...I could see it going any direction.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wild Bill just finally bought his first boat.. so quitting would leave him in huge debt unless he brings in someone to fish for him.

They did flash pictures of all of them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I finally watched so I now see that it would be almost impossible for Wild Bill.

I think it is either Sig or Jonathan. Jonathan seems to be majorly burned out and the Time Bandit is having major problems so I could see that...but I think it is going to be Sig. I think he came back to the Northwestern to prove a point to himself this season, but with his health issues, his impending grandfatherhood, the pressure from his family and the loss of one of his friends in upcoming episodes - it looks like it is his time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jake Harris just can't get it together...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/ex-reality-tv-star-arrested-phoenix-car-theft-015408419.html

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's going to end well for Jake if he's graduated to meth.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No probably not. So hard on the family also...and they just lost their grandfather in January.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm so sick of Jake Anderson...I just FF through any scenes showing the Saga.

I was sorry to see Will Bill's lead crewman fall off the wagon again (a couple of seasons ago it was alcohol). I think it really broke Bill's heart - and that's saying a lot! He really had no choice though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I really felt for Wild Bill..

And Jake Harris.. sad but kind of predictable. He doesn't look well at all.

I feel the same.. sick of Jake Anderson..

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Maybe I am a little skeptical, but I wonder how much of Jake Anderson's behavior is real and how much is scripted. Also feeling the same way about some of the behaviors on Gold Rush.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If it is scripted then he should be ashamed of himself. It isn't a flattering portrayal.

this is just sad...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/ex-deadliest-catch-star-wanted-phoenix-drug-case-184529206.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
A drunken Sig Hansen got arrested last week.

Celebrity crab-boat captain Sig Hansen was arrested and jailed early Thursday after he allegedly spat on an Uber driver in Ballard and kicked and dented the driver’s car after Hansen learned he couldn’t pay cash for his family’s ride home, Seattle police reported.

Hansen, 51, who had been in Ballard celebrating Norway’s Constitution Day with family, was arrested later at his Shoreline home after an Uber rideshare driver reported the incident to police, according to a Seattle police report.

When officers confronted Hansen at his home, Hansen appeared “obviously intoxicated,” denied the altercation took place and initially resisted arrest, the report said.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/deadliest-catch-star-sig-hansen-arrested-after-alleged-assault-of-uber-driver/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess the only plus is that Sig and family didn't try to drive, but... while I'd also not be happy about cash not being accepted, that doesn't excuse their behavior.

(Tiger Woods DID get arrested for DUI and his mug shot is scary..)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else watch last night's episode of Deadliest Catch that told the story of the Japanese occupation of two Aleutian islands during WWII? It was a story I had never heard before, and I grew up with a father who was (and is) a major WWII buff.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Yes Roxip, I found it very interesting. Was not aware that the Japanese had bombed ships in that harbor.

You could tell how proud Jon was that his grandfather had been part of the team that help run the Japanese off the islands.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was my celebration!

Funny that he said this was the only bombing in the United States.

Pearl Harbor..

Neither place was a state at that time.

But it was nice to hear the history and the personal story.

I loved that he gave each captain a new American flag.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't hear him make that mis-speak...but with Johnathan you never know what is going to come out of his mouth!

It was a lovely tribute to the beauty of the Aleutian Islands and for a little known story in history.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/northwest/seattle-based-crabber-found-on-bering-sea-bottom/

Federal research vessels have located the Destination, the Seattle-based crab boat that went missing Feb. 11 along with six crew, on the bottom of the Bering Sea off the coast of Alaska.

Crew members were heading out to fish for snow crab when their boat went down on a cold day off St. George Island in the Pribilofs.

The sunken vessel was found northwest of St. George resting on its port side. It was identified through underwater sonar surveys conducted by two National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration research ships, according to a joint Thursday release from the Coast Guard and NOAA. <snipped>

From today's paper, this shows the pictures captured by sonar. Maybe I missed something but couldn't see how deep it is supposed to be or if they think they could recover it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The article says it was found in 250 feet of water, but Coast Guard divers only dive to 150 feet.

The article also says there is going to be a meeting with the Marine Board of Investigation on Aug 8 about the demise of the vessel. There is no info on recovery, only that they are going to send down a "remotely operated vehicle with a camera to investigate the wreck.".

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That first paragraph is so awkward worded I kept thinking "How do they know the crew members are still aboard?"

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
The last episode leads you to believe that Jonathan is retiring. I wonder who will replace him since Andy hasn't really been on the boat. Maybe that means the Time Bandit won't be filmed during the next season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jonathan has been talking about his retirement all season and I wonder the same thing. Andy basically retired several seasons ago - who will be at the helm if the TB returns next season (it will be a far less fun show without the Hillstrand brothers IMO).

Florin

08-27-2006

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Does anyone think this might be the last season .

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No. I think they are trying to fill us in with younger captains. So far the only one I like is the captain of the Brenna A.