TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through June 07, 2018 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I wish Amy could let go of her bitterness because she seems so happy with her boyfriend and the grandkids. Not saying she doesn't have a right to be bitter, but with so much joy in her life I wish she could let it go.

I was glad to see Zach's wife stand up to him regarding taking the baby to the pumpkin patch. She can handle it! Most babies enjoy those kinds of things and socialization is not only good for baby, it's good for Mom!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 25, 2018 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't regularly watch but perhaps what is perceived as Amy's bitterness is a well deserved reluctance to engage with Matt due to past circumstances? To me he has always seemed like one of those people "if you give them an inch they will take a mile."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 25, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Matt holds bitterness as well.. He feels compelled to trash Amy in every interview.

I agreed with Tori and she wasn't going to hand her baby to just anyone.

Caryn using that baby as a prop for selfies wasn't cool.

I think Oregon is similar to some areas here in So Cal, where people are following the no vaccination groups and that is a danger as we lose herd immunity.

That was the only time they showed the baby close to the public.

At least Zach is protective of a baby who hasn't had all his innoculations.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, May 25, 2018 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I used to be on team Matt but my eyes have been opened to his manipulative behavior and somewhat abusive treatment towards Amy.
I hope she keeps living in that lovely home, marries Chris and enjoys her grandkids.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I’m torn about how I feel. Somehow I still like Matt. But my heart breaks for Amy as she still Somehow seems so stuck on Matt. She does have Chris who she seems so smitten with but then has such a hard time with Matt and Caryn. I don’t /haven’t seem any abusive behavior from Matt towards Amy.
I am getting a bit irritated with how much Audrey whines. Hoping that clears up as Ember gets a bit older and A gets more sleep. Also was surprised that putting a pumpkin hat on jacks

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
on was too dorky for Tori.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Caryn & Matt's personalities & goals seem to work together. They are content & happy together. It's only natural that Amy struggles a little with envy of that relationship. It has to be a constant reminder of what she & Matt once had but lost.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think that's it. Any time your "friend" dates your ex, you're gonna have hard feelings. It's rare for that not to be true.

And given that many think that affair started before the marriage ended, it's like looking at a person who really violated you.

I'm going to cut Amy a break on this one. Matt is clueless about the suffering of others, he doesn't get it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Caryn doesn't have money invested in Matt's projects. He doesn't have access to Caryn's money.

When he wanted to buy that house at auction, notice that Caryn would not invest in a place she couldn't access before bidding.

In the past, Matt has been shown at auctions buying some questionable items, even though he has multiple barns full of junk. He came home with two cars, surprising Amy. He bought an old restored beetle car and his it from Amy.

Easier for Caryn to get along I would say.

I think Matt and Amy are equally obsessed with each other, but I think the producers constantly prod them with questions, too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's very hard to separate/let go when you see the person every day. Any marriage counselor will tell you that.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I'm glad the discussion about leaving the farm is starting to surface. I try to like Caryn, I just can't. There is a vibe I can't shake. I know the kids like her, but they aren't around her much and only what they see when she is on the farm. I didn't believe her for one moment when she said if Amy asked her to leave, she would.
Matt is oblivious to anyone's feelings but his own.
It's clear the kids are bothered by the current dynamic of both parents.
This is my hope...I hope Matt moves to Arizona (with or without Caryn). I hope Amy and Chris get married and live away from the farm. I hope for the sake of the grandchildren, the farm is able to be run by either Jeremy or Jeremy and Zach.
Personally, I would love to see a spinoff show of just Amy and Chris with their adventures.
Literally could care less whether I see Matt on the show ever again.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
What is Matt's interest in Arizona? I know he mentioned possibly moving there. Does Caryn possibly have ties there? If so, then pack up & go & be happy & let Amy figure out if staying on the farm in her dream house is really what she wants. Zach & Jeremy really do have a childhood bond to the Rolof farm. IMO, Amy's house is the most expensive thing about the farm. It was remodeled & added onto to be little people friendly (especially, Amy's kitchen).

Then, we have to look at the TLC $$........How could they continue the show & put a much needed separation between the 2? They are different, but both strong business minded.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Hey, the current show: "Little People, Big World" has worked. I agree about an Amy/Chris spinoff: "Our Big Little World" might be a good name for the show.......

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Matt seems to say online 4/28 that he is moving to Arizona.

I also read that Caryn's divorce was bitter and her husband goes that his kids will never be on the show.

Seems like her daughter might be old enough to decide that for herself (imo).

I can see him moving but he is so into his kids and grandkids it seems really distant!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Supposedly he bought a home in a senior community in Surprise, AZ.

He should be careful and avoid any community with a homeowners association, because he likely would want to make changes and need approval.

He has had book signings in that area.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Texasdeb, I love that title! Do you follow Amy on Instagram? You should post that name as a suggestion!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Looks like Matt also criticizes production for emphasizing the negative.. Last on this list.

https://www.yourtango.com/2018312198/little-people-big-world-premiere-new-details-about-matt-roloff-amy-roloff-divorce-family

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Sounds like what he does for the cameras all the time Seamonkey. "Wrong? What could possibly be wrong? We all just love each other!" He always tries to paint this Norman Rockwell picture for viewers. Just like he used to refer to all the projects done around the farm as if he was the only one doing them. He doesn't live in reality and it's beyond annoying.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm not on Instagram. Northwestblonde, you're welcome to use this suggestion & we'll take equal credit...

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
You got it Texasdeb! I posted on Instagram and mentioned you and your great idea for the title. I hope you get a windfall if they use it! :D

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if the AZ home is just a winter home for Matt. It's too hot there in the summer.

I hope one of the boys will step up and take over the farm. It seems like a great business.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just learned that baby Jackson injured his arm while trying to walk but it's all better now.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Amy mentioned on Instagram she and Chris may be doing their own YouTube show :D

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So.. Matt was considering getting into politics..

Amy cautioned that he would be investigated relentlessly by the press.

Caryn wasn't too thrilled, just said it would keep them apart more.

Jer thought it was crazy.

He seems to have concluded that he won't persue it.

He and Caryn looked at homes in an active senior community in Arizona.

Nice homes with great facilities adapted for disabilities.

Matt wants to Snowbird and he and Caryn love the heat.

Amy.. Basically came up to needing to make her own plans.

Jeremy thought it was too soon, that he and Zach would be more able to take over more in a couple of years.

Any told Matt they really need to talk with Jer Zach to plan.

Looks like that happens next episode.

Jer and Aug had a kitchen pipe burst so the whole kitchen had to be torn out..

Jackson had a successful checkup and his first baby food. Zach and Tori really love and appreciate every tny detail. I am impressed.

Zach is proactive in wanting to deal with any achondroplasia issues that may come up.I

He well remembers pain he went through.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Zach is a very wise man.