TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through May 07, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've always kind of chuckled about how the Property Brothers use network resources to fix up their own homes...seriously? I find it rather indulgent.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I think all reno people do at least one series based on themselves. Bryan B (three times), Scott M, Sarah R and now Drew - all did shows about building their new houses. Guess that's how they can afford to go so grand

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
A few years ago, the Brothers did a show about building a house for the three boys and a guest house for the parents in Vegas.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yea, that's kind of what I was talking about...they've now renovated two of their own homes...I like them but I do feel like that is a little self-indulgent. I'm sure they foot some of the expense themselves but I also think that if and when they sell these homes they won't be sharing any profits with HGTV!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The Kardashian's and Joan River's daughters weddings as story lines on their shows.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes! Exactly!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I just never thought of a high-rise condo in Denver, over 19 stories, I wonder if the snow is different on the different levels, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 25, 2017 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, as vain as Chip has always been about his hair, well maybe not vain but obsessed, I am surprised he is so scruffy looking this season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He ended up shaving his head for (I think it was) St. Judes for charity. He said people were hating his hairy look so if they donated enough money he would have it sheared off. He posted pictures of little kids shaving his head.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am glad to hear that, every time I catch a new show his hair is longer and longer and it doesn't go with his previous TV persona, so maybe that was the wrong one and this long haired guy is his real persona.

I don't mind the beard as long as it is neatly trimmed and not looking like an escaping crazy person. And long hair is fine but at least keep it looking neat, LOL, I am surprised he didn't do a man bun, LOL.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Today reports that Chip and Joanna are extpecting child #5. Funny in last night's show when they were making the cubbies and Jo said that they needed a sixty one, Chip thought it could have been Jo that was pregnant. Here's a link to
the Today Show article & the Instagram photo that was put up on Tuesday evening. https://www.today.com/parents/baby-makes-7-chip-joanna-gaines-are-expecting-their-fifth-t120730?cid=eml_tdb_20180103

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I want the HGTV house in Washington, that is a good place to live, isn't it?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why do we have two threads for home improvement shows?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just found a new show on Netflix. It's called "Find it, Fix it, and Flog it". Or something close to that.

It's filmed in England and the best way to describe it is that it's a cross between "American Pickers" and "Flea Market Flip". 2 guys go to somebody's barn or garage and they each take 2 items to fix up or "upscale" as they call it. Then they get them appraised and sell them and the owner gets the profit.

So, if you like those 2 shows, you might enjoy this one.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Restored on DYI is great. Takes older houses that have had bad "improvements" over the years and restores they to the year they were made, but still modern appliances.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Restored on DYI is great. Takes older houses that have had bad "improvements" over the years and restores they to the year they were made, but still modern appliances.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like Restored also.

I also like Bargain Mansions. Those homes are truly beautiful...not sure they are what I consider a mansion but still beautiful...she did a beautiful Craftsman that I definitely was jealous of whomever bought it!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Chip and Joanna are opening a
new restaurant

Wow are these guys busy!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No wonder they can't do their show anymore, too many other things to work on.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Mina Starsiak of Good Bones is expecting her first baby!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
TLC is having a Trading Spaces marathon going on right now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nate & Jeremiah by Design... I have really been enjoying their show. I think it's better that this season that they are using the homeowner's budget instead of getting donations like they did last season.

I imagine there are still discounts and stuff but it is not a prominent part of the show.

This DIY lady is cracking me up, I totally understand the trying DIY and then it doesn't turn out the way it is supposed to, LOL. I have learned the hard way to hire people to do the work.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like this show too, but am always amazed when these people's renovation budget is more than the cost of my first house!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
They likely only choose those people who have a reasonable budget for the project and just can't get it done for some reason or the other. I think a lot of people just freeze when it comes to making the big decision on how to invest that large amount of money.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Strategist, I think you are right, some of them are just frozen because they are afraid they will make a mistake.