TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 05, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Premieres (Reality Shows): Archive through November 05, 2017 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sportsfan, do you remember a similar show like this that was on a few years ago? It's driving me crazy trying to remember the name of it. This current show sounds like a revamped/tweeked version of it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I would hope they have challenges that they have to complete somehow. Watching two people holed up in a cave for 28 days wouldn't be very entertaining. Maybe they could go on a show like Utopia. That way no one would see them.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
The Great Escape maybe. They did challenges like escaping from the brig on an aircraft carrier, escaping from Alcatraz, etc.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That could be it, Rhodarobin, thanks.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
MTV's new show Stranded with a Million Dollars starts 2/21- 10 players have to survive 40 days on an island- those who don't quit split the prize money. They start with a million dollars, but can buy stuff to help them out- but it's expensive ($30,000 for a 2-person tent for example), and the more they spend, the less the prize...but the more who quit, the larger the shares of the prize...

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/01/18/mtv-announces-provocative-new-survival-series-stranded-with-a-million-dollars-833311/20170118mtv01/

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thank you, thank you Wilsonatmd! I had been searching for info with no luck on this show, I saw an ad on MTV but couldn't find any details online.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
"Hunted" starts tonight following the football game at 10:00 on CBS. See Sportsfan's post (a few posts above) for details about the show. It sounds like it could be interesting.

Here's a link to a thread for it in the Reality Show area.

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/156/16800522.html&lm=1485120292
#POST6090881

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We have a link for Stranded With a Million Dollars under Adventure under Reality Shows.

I wonder if Hunted would fit there too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/156/16652885.html&lm=1485122141 for Stranded With Million Dollars discussion.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought about putting it in the Adventure category but I wasn't sure. But it seems like the best place for it so I'll move it there. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the Hunted update! I didn't realize it started tonight and it says TBA in my TV guide grid.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 5 premiere of Cesar 911 was last night on NatGEO Wild. It's on every Friday, but each ep is repeated a few times.

Cesar 911 is basically like Cesar Millan's old show "The Dog Whisperer".

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else been watching the new show on Saturday nights, "The Zoo", on Animal Planet? It's really good!

It's a show about all the behind the scenes work going on at the Bronx Zoo.

They are up to ep 4 this week, but all the eps are in on demand.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dr Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet and The Zoo are must watches for me on Saturday night (Or I record them)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Did you love the Labradors and cheetahs who had been raised together?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was the best part this week :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've been watching The Zoo and put it on season record after the first episode - it is an excellent show. I love Dr. Jeff. Have you noticed that this season they are featuring the other vets a lot more than last season?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just posted this in the Deadliest Catch thread, too.

Deadliest Catch Season 13 starts Tuesday, April 11 on Discover Channel.

"On Deck" season premiere is on the same night, right before it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought they had featured the other vets last season more too..

I love that each week his hair is looking a bit more grown in.. hope he can grow it out again now that he is done with his cancer treatment (Dr Jeff, that is). One of my favorite shows for sure. They have a clinic in Bratislava, Croatia. I guess that is where he met Dr Petra, who came to work in Colorado and they got married.

And another clinic in Mexico.

They have a couple of foundations that donate to set these places up, also the public donates, and Dr Jeff individually donates. He is so passionate about spay and neuter and has spoken around the world about it.

Oh.. those feral cats.. that was amazing they caught one in every trap except one where they caught a smaller critter. And wow did those cats run out of the cages when he brought them back after spay and neuter. I loved that they kept the cat that wasn't so feral and will adopt him out, even though he was FIV +. I also love learning of the people he goes out and helps.. people who are helping wolves or rescuing from flood areas or from puppy mills.. good stuff.

And Zoo is a wonderful show too. I cried with them when they had to put that tiger down, but lots of sweet moments when they can rehab an animal.

Oh and those Kiwis.. that was so cool when the female accepted the second male they tried.. after running off the first) and they were curled up together in that nesting box. Such odd creatures.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Season finale for the Zoo, tonight at 7pm, I show it is a two hour one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love Saturdays with Dr Jeff and Zoo...

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
that was amazing they caught one in every trap except one where they caught a smaller critter.

That smaller critter was....drumroll... a squirrel!

Jeepers, we just love these two shows. Especially Dr. Jeff. Nice to learn how he met Dr. Petra. I've been worrying about how he's going with the cancer treatments.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He is off chemo and his hair is growing nicely. This was his second cancer and hopefully his last.

I loved last night when he told a dog's family that based on his own experience with orthopedic surgery, the first days a really painful.

And Jeff is like his patients, quick to get active again..

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea, what a relief to hear!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The new "MythBusters" premieres on Discovery channel on Nov. 15.

The new hosts are Jonathan Lung and Brian Louden (Jon & Brian). They won the positions in the competition show last winter called "MythBusters: The Search". All the eps are still free in on-demand if you want to catch up on it and get to know Brian and Jon before the regular show starts.

No matter what, I don't see how it will be as good without Adam and Jamie :-( But I'll still watch.