TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 16, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With the Stars - Season 26: Archive through May 16, 2018 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Guest judge was Rashad Jennings, winner season 24, with pro Emma.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thanks ColorD. I knew who he was, but was too lazy to go look up his name.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sea, how cool!!! has to be even more exciting since you kinda got to know those 2 a little more the last 2 wks!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This rushed season was not a good idea. I feel bad for the athletes that are on it -- I feel like they are getting cheated out of the full experience. But maybe they like it because it's a short commitment. Either way, as a viewer, I feel cheated!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't been to Stars on Ice for years.. Used to go every year.

It should be really good. I love figure skating and Dancing adds a bit, too.

And it is at Honda Center here in OC. Some of these tours skip Orange County.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps the only way they could get some of these athletes to participate was because of the shortened season. For instance the NFL will go to camp in late July, and I'm sure the figure skaters have an active schedule.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't feel as bad for the athletes with a shortened season. They are probably in better shape than most other contestants and used to training hard. So, they would be more prepared for this than say, Marie Osmond.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I saw a Champions On Ice show 20 years ago! Can't believe it's been that long. Those were the days of Michelle Kwan, Victor Petrenko, Brasseur & Eisler, Maya Usova & Alexander Zhulin, etc., etc., etc. Years ago I followed ice skating. Not so much any longer.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Chris, Jennie and Mirai were eliminated.
I’ve kept my opinion to myself until now....Tanya Harding should have gone home, in fact, she should have left week one. JMHO

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
If the judges punt like they usually do in the finals? Adam probably wins....unless the audience decides to vote Tonya for the lols...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
shocked that Mirai left I thought it would be her and Adam in finals!

I have been impressed by Tonya, she has to be 20 yrs older than those kids

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought for sure Mirai would in the finals along with Adam also. I also see Adam winning but my votes are going to Josh for the win!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So sad that Mirai is out! I voted for her last week. How on earth is Tonya still there over Mirai and Chris. Ugh.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, Mirai out? I hope it wasn't the viewer vote (,eastern viewers) on that battle that did it.

And the judges.. And then Adam got another advantage with contemporary..

And yes the skaters were very busy. Mirai and Adam (and Meryl, for that matter) skated like crazy Friday night in number after number.. Stars on Ice was a great show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
No, only the prior weeks votes determined who went home.

With Tonya, people like a good redemption story, no matter if it is real or not.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
At least I won't have to choose between Mirai & Adam for the final vote.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Don’t know about this....

ABC has picked up Dancing With The Stars: Juniors, and it’ll air Sunday’s in the fall...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Junior celebrities or junior pro dancers? Kind of MEH on either.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Definitely meh on juniors.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I thought they might have forgotten Juniors in favor of the Athletes edition.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So they are going to do two DWTS shows simultaneously? Interesting. I will probably skip the Sunday show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
It breaks my heart to see kids who work all their active life practicing to dance, aerobics, skating etc. and then lose in their sport. I know it’s part of life and growing up but I don’t have to watch it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
ABC has picked up Dancing With The Stars: Juniors, and it’ll air Sunday’s in the fall...

Nope, nope and nope. Totally not interested. SYTYCD tried this a couple of years ago, and their ratings went in the toilet. Ugh.

I'm thinking maybe Mirai didn't score well due to her personality? I could be wrong, but she doesn't have the warmest personality. She's a fabulous athlete, but to me she seems to talk and act like an overprivileged young lady. Maybe it's the result of a sheltered upbringing (all those hours on the ice practicing, rather than spending it with friends being a regular teenager). I am not saying anything against Mirai, I just don't think she has a winning personality and we all know personality plays a big part on this show.

I too was shocked that Mirai went home and Tonya stayed. Something is wrong there.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I feel the same way about Adam as Mirai. I'm really disappointed he is in the F2. I'm hoping after next week, he disappears into oblivion never to grace my TV screen again.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Team Josh all the way! 😁😄

I'd watch the junior show just out of curiosity.