TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: Trading Spaces 2018 Saturday 4/7: Archive through May 07, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I believe they are trying to drum up watchers, so they didn't use designers and the rooms turned out better, ha ha Ty has fans from the other shows he did.
as to the (not so) Funny banter, that has always been a hallmark of this show, along with silly stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I realize it was the way the old show went but now we shouldn't have to deal with it, it's a new time, LOL, they need to get with the current times.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am just not đź‘€ watching.

Ty became so loud and annoying, I just can't..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought Ty had aged quite a bit.
Anybody watching Nate and husbands show? I'm not sure I like their style, it's OK,but I like that they show the cost of individual things they've bought or improved.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Hated the stupid craft project with the eggshells. Also didn't like the amateur painting of the complicated pattern meant to be "deconstructed" penguins.

They could have done a 100% better job if they had just used painters tape to map out the design.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Love Nate and Jeremiah, Lakecat. I do like their style (mostly) I think that they defer to the homeowner's preferences, which I appreciate very much.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
This Saturday's Trading Spaces is a crossover episode with Nate and Jeremiah.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love Nate and Jeremiah too. They have a definite style but it is beautiful and since they seem to use mostly neutral colors I think it would be easy to modify if a homeowner chose to do so. Most of the high dollar things they use tend to be classic...high end fixtures, countertops, etc.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
By the way, I thought both Nate and Jeremiah did beautiful rooms. I was a bit skeptical of Nate's original design but his room turned out very well, and Jeremiah did a great job of working around that awkward fireplace!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think they did very well. They both used items from the homeowners, though which enabled them to do much more than $2000 would have allowed. I'm speaking of the three white cabinets and the reclaimed wood. Did they do that in previous years? I don't recall.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't normally watch this, but happened to see it over the weekend. Both rooms were more tasteful than some of the other trading places shows I've seen. They really tried to fit the owner's style more than anything else.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
if the materials were on the property, they used it not out of budget, like lamps from the attics or furniture from another room. You can do that when you do your own remodel, I do. or did when I had the physical strength to move furniture from room to room.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, in the past Trading Spaces has let them utilize anything the homeowner has so I thought the already existing cabinets were fair game. Of course I also thought that the friend knew what she was doing when she casually mentioned them...LOL!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks. In any case, I think both of them did a great job.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, I wish the other designers would consider what the homeowners would like so that they don't have to redo the room once TS leaves.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I remember hearing once that Ty stayed late into the night helping one of the homeowners fix their home. I wonder if Trading Spaces doesn't pay "rent" on their home as part of being on the show and some of that money can be used to fix unworkable transformations?

I do not enjoy seeing someone's home abused like happens with some designers. I think designers like Hildi and Doug should be ashamed of themselves when they do something ridiculous to someone's home. Somebody's home should not be an avante garde art piece - it is a HOME!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised that designers would want to screw up a home on TV like that. I wonder how they would ever get any business in real life.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lordy, Heidi is on again! I can't deal with her, hope this ones turns out nice instead of insane.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, the homeowner said "she's about to pee herself....this is disgusting" about Heidi's room and the husband is just laughing.

Holy crap, she said "our friendship is on the line, for real".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the second couple said the same thing.

First they both said, "f word, no".

And now she is saying there are a few things she can work with.

Her husband likes it, and there is a stripper pole.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oh, I forgot it was on. and now they are not repeating it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think it will repeat later tonight, like 11 or maybe midnight.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
It was with a Clinton Kelly as a designer, he did the “I’m not sure if you watched a tv show I was on, what not to wear”. The confessional the homeowner thought he was easy on the eye, or “hot”.

But. Clinton is now on ABC with “The Chew” and he said he was going to live tweet, he was kind of hinting it was a horrible experience with the homeowner, hinting they were difficult to an extreme.

I of course fell asleep and missed it. I know that homeowner put her foot down and did not allow brown to go on the wall, but the homeowner reveal was upset because she wanted Grey period

So, why go on the show? Obviously they were picked for their drama, but..please!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Well I was wrong, he did a Facebook live, and it wasn’t saved that I could find, his promotion was, he said Paige (they are long time friends) and Hildi would be there!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
omgosh Hildi's room was horrible. Those leaves on the wall looked like a kid drew them. And the balls she covered with newspaper . . no words. She absolutely refuses to listen to the homeowners. She could have added a little something purple in their (for prince) like the lady asked for. Clinton made a good effort for someone with no experience in designing rooms. I enjoyed these homeowners and their reactions!