TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With the Stars - Season 26: Archive through May 01, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They always have one or two more or less infamous celebrities to stir things up.

I wasn't a fan of Tonya back when she went to the Olympics and that hasn't changed in the interim. I'll keep an open mind though and see what she is like. Of course, she is at a clear disadvantage if the show producers are set on creating a negative story line for her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight!

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I have a sort of devil/angel battle going on in my head regarding Tonya Harding.

I have been skating all my life. Couldn't afford what it takes to be at competition level, but had some friends who did (not to the level of the Olympics, but some that made it to regionals/high level comps). I even know her former skating coach so have heard some of the stories of what her life was like growing up.

Its a very class based sport, and it's very difficult to succeed without lots of money and backing from sponsors. Some of the bias has been taken out with the change in the scoring system but there is still a lot there. During her time, she had to be twice as good and work twice as hard to be able to compete with the other girls. And her "support system" was very small and there was a lot of damage done to her by her mother.

So I can appreciate what a fantastic skater she was, while being disappointed in the choices she made, though I dont think anyone knows the complete true story except those involved. And none of them are truth tellers, so I don't think anyone really knows all the facts.

So yeah, I would definitely give her a chance. People deserve the chance for redemption in their lives.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I appreciate that insight, Keldogg.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
The first night and everyone feels Adam and Jenna deserved 10’s but since it’s the first night the judges go no higher than 8. He looked like a pro.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Josh and Sharna were great also.
Lah
Dee
Dah
In jeopardy:

Jamie, Johnny and Tonya.

Tonya and Sasha safe.

Jamie/Artem and Johnny/Emma eliminated.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Some amazing dancing tonight!

I was sure Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was going to head out the door he's an old guy in rough shape, stiff and arthritic looking.

As for Tonya Harding, I know it sounds crazy but what came to my mind was that my attitude was the same almost as if OJ Simpson was dancing tonight. I know there's no comparison whatsoever in what they did. But I feel what she did was unforgivable. Having deliberately not seen the film but understanding that she did have a toxic situation with her mother I have some compassion for her. But that's no excuse for what she did and I was hoping she would express some genuine remorse towards her victim, which she did not whatsoever, so therefore I could cheerfully see her leave even though her dancing was pretty terrific.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Good post Keldogg. I like hearing that perspective. I did see the movie and loved it.. but I know shes not innocent by any means. I do believe in maturity and second chances.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, ty for sharing. I also believe in 2nd chances.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Wow Jimmer, banner already!? its fantastic!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it started tonite and 2 elimated???!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What did Tonya actually do? Married a jerk, who hired someone to bash Nancy Kerrigan.

Hardly in OJ territory IMO, of course.. I realize others feel differently and she seems to lack local support, not that the West coast gets to see the actual dancing 💃 before voting is closed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, yeah.. Four weeks will speed by!

I am only on the third dancer, Jennie, who looked way better than Kareem..

But the judges may not agree.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Quick question- did Adam Rippon dance during the first hour of the second hour?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Second

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Adam Rippon was so good. He’ll go far.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Adam was definitely good.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I hate that two teams were eliminated on the *first* night. But this is a crazy 4 week season.

Love love love Adam and Jenna!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved Marai myself - she was so cute and so excited to be on the show that she made me smile.

Josh and Sharna had some serious chemistry and he is an excellent dancer. A little cocky but still I would almost rather someone like him advance because of his lack of choreography experience. (Sharna seems to have chemistry with anyone she dances with - kind of reminds me of Cheryl Burke - she always seemed to make most of her partners smolder when they danced with her.)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I also appreciated Keldoggs post. ☆ And I most certainly believe in second chances. Which is why I was hoping Tonya would have the good sense 2 at least 'appear' remorseful rather than self-pitying. From what I could see, she was drowning in self-pity with zero remorse.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA about Josh, Marai, and Adam. I think Josh stole the evening with his explosive performance. And I was delightfully surprised by how well Arike did.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea, let's say she had nothing to do with what happened years ago, that it was all entirely the husband's fault, or someone else's fault anyway... I would hope that she would be saying things like how awful it must have been for Nancy and show compassion, sorrow, and regret for what Nancy suffered. Or at the very least recognize that it affected BOTH lives. But, no.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the show yet (yes I am slow ). Did the whole subject of the assault on Nancy come up at all. Did Tonya comment about it or was she asked about it?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
In her introductory bio when she met her partner her voice over was all about her misery and her struggle. She skirted around it and didn't discuss it directly at all. Which is her prerogative. But then why play the pity card about herself?
She specifically mentioned being banned for life from professional skating but never said why. Which I personally found appalling and disingenuous.