TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: Trading Spaces 2018 Saturday 4/7: Archive through April 15, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I do remember him Grooch, he was very good, I remember hoping he was going to replace Hildi on the show, LOL.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Too funny!

Kc103

07-13-2004

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
I've been watching a few of the old episodes they're showing. So glad I got to catch the one of Hildi's "flower" bathroom. LOL The last one on now was the lady who just hated "brown." Worst reveal and ending I think I've seen. LOL I'm so glad they're bringing this show back.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Omg! I was trying to figure who Edward reminded me of. It's my BIL. Lol!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kc, that was the worst and it was funny. And it was Laurie, of all people, who did the room.

The woman told them at the beginning that she hated brown. Not her fault.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Watching the Pam/fireplace episode. Funny how times change, but I like the fireplace! Of course, about 7 years ago, we sheetrocked over our old brick fireplace that was very similar did a great surround with granite, and it looks so much better. Doug was just ahead of the times.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Her reaction was worse than the brown living room lady. Lol! I seem to remember that when the show first aired, she wrote a blog or something explaining why she was so upset.

The 90's had some really ugly decorating styles back then. So much pressed wood in these houses.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Still watching and it just occurred to me that I don't understand why the producers thought it was fun to watch Hildi ruin peoples homes. I mean 1 out of 5 was actually good and livable.

I liked how the flower bathroom looked, but just think of what steam and dust was going to do to those flowers, you would not be able to clean it without a leaf blower. Seems she could gotten the same concept with paint, accessories and maybe a large framed boxes of the flowers that could be removed for cleaning.

Anyway...I so wish they would have increased the budget to $3000, everything is a lot more expensive now.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Oh, no! It's Hildi's straw ceiling episode!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I was happy to watch the first remake episode of this show - used to love it way back when. Sadly not much has changed . . . Hildi and Doug still don't listen to the homeowners and the rooms were both awful. One sister asked for a "spa" master bedroom and was delivered an over the top tropical design with burlap on the walls. Just awful. The other room was a tiny guest room that they painted geometrical designs on 3 walls and the ceiling and added mirrors on the 4th wall. So bad.

The good news was . . all of the cast looked fantastic, nowhere near 10 years older. I will keep watching but wish they could do something halfway decent even with the small budget of $2k.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh gosh, I missed it!

Hmm, sounds like Deja vu.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Glad I missed it...

Makes you wonder if they do crappy rooms on purposes... and I wonder how long before they were remodeled... hopefully the show pays to make it right in the eyes of the homeowners... or as right as possible. The show should do a follow-up at the end of the show showing the room as it currently is... did the homeowners change anything and why.

What a waste of time and materials... Ugh!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they do over the top stuff, to show their cleverness, not to please the client. keep up hope, Vern is still with them. He would change his style to suit the client.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
The furniture built for each room (murphy bed by Ty and dresser by Carter) were decent for being built in a day. They were the only acceptable things in the room IMO. Both rooms were pretty much a blank slate to begin with . . . all they had to do was paint with some color, add lighting and accessories. They had a Wayfair booth outside that they could pick one thing from for each room that the designer had to include. I definitely think they do the crap on purpose as they can't do what other shows do becuase of the low budget.

Another dejavu . . . Hildi showed up for remodel day in dress pants and heels. hate to say I laughed when she got on a bike (running over a canvas for an art project) and she fell over.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was so disappointed to see Hildi & Doug were back and even more disappointed that they were the designers for the first new episode. I agree both rooms were bad. Ugly and cheap looking which is quite on par with the queen & king of gawdawful.

I would love to see Edward again. There were 2 other women, I think their names were
Kia and Christi that I remember. I liked some of Christi's rooms.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sugar I was really disappointed too, but I am hoping that was the token appearance of Hildi and she won't be back the entire season.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Well, I'll keep checking back here and read what's going on... but I'm not wasting my time watching.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Wow. I really liked the rooms. Doug did a nod to tropical per the sister doing the room’s request. I thought Hildi’s use of the Murphy bed was a great idea. She made the room multi purpose versus just a room waiting for the mother in law to visit.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ha ha the carpenter almost let things out of the bag, he said when the show left he stayed behind and helped put up new drywall, but before he could say more he was interrupted by the host, so they might have some sort of guarantee for the home owners.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
The tropical request for the MB could have easily been done in a very calming spa-like coastal look with nothing stuck to the walls. I can't imagine sleeping in that room the way it was. I'm glad to know they helped re-drywall!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can't tolerate the smell of burlap or otherwise I would have thought one of the rooms was okay.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Hated the stupid craft project with the eggshells. Also didn't like the amateur painting of the complicated pattern meant to be "deconstructed" penguins.

But I enjoyed the show after so many years.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the craft product with the egg shells, I have done them to dye and hang eggs outside on the bare trees for easter, but I read you have to be careful and wash out the egg shells if you are using them inside because the left over egg inside can rot and smell.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"Throw me on the ground and make me right a bad check"...wisdom from Frank....hahahahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought the rooms that Ty and Carter did turned out pretty good. Totally unclear why they needed to have the carpenters do designs.

And is anyone else annoyed at all the "crap" they do that has nothing to do with the design/carpentry. I hate the "funny banter" and little goofball things they do that take up time and space.

I think the Wayfair popup stores are an interesting addition. Liked Carter's room the best. Ty's reminded me of a child care center, LOL.