TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With the Stars - Season 26: Archive through April 24, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts April 30th.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Tonya and Kareem, that's the only ones I know.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know 4 without looking them up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I notice it is called Dancing with the Stars Athletes.

So it is possible that some of our current DVR setups will not catch it..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Jimmer! :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I feel sorry for Sasha......

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was my first thought too but she may be a different person now. We'll see.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I live in Portland.... trust me, she's not changed all that much, no matter how often she says she's a different person. Still pretty full of herself. If she perceives that the judges aren't fair.... well, she'll be pissed.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Without looking them up, I know Adam Rippon and Mirai Nagasu are figure skaters.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So don't get her any props! She could be dangerous with a cane.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, April 20, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I'm shaking my head at the verbal and legal contortions they're doing so Arike Ogunbowale can participate:

-she can't do any commercials or other press for the show, because that's considered profiting off of her athletic ability.

-but she can keep any money she makes on the show because it's a considered a "personal growth experience" since she doesn't know how to dance.....

https://deadspin.com/arike-ogunbowales-appearance-on-dancing-with-the-stars-1825389789

Frankly, the NCAA is a outdated institution that needs to be scrapped and redone from scratch...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 20, 2018 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That is really ridiculous, Wilsonatmd, and very amazing. You are right they need to take a look at these rules and update them to the times.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Or here's an idea...abide by the rules and not participate in the show until you finish your college career and can go pro!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The NCAA is a scam. Colleges make millions (if not billions) off of student athletes who virtually work for free. They may get scholarships, but some of them can't afford to eat and can't have jobs because they're required to be at practices so many hours a day. They're not even allowed to accept a coach or anyone associated with the program to buy them a meal. The rules totally need to be changed. A lot of them never make it to the pros. An injury can be the end of everything, including their scholarships.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And I respectfully disagree. Most athletic programs at colleges are NOT money making ventures. The few programs that do make money fund programs and scholarships for lots of other students who might not be able to afford a college education. (Don't even get me started about the student service fees I pay that fund athletic programs at my daughter's college!!@!)

The elite players do get full scholarships that cover room and board so I do not know about the "can't afford to eat" statement.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Most athletic programs may not be money makers but the ones that do make money make millions and millions of dollars.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And they support more than just the named program...bringing many more millions of donor money to the said university and allowing many more students to attend on non-revenue generating scholarships.

To me it's pretty simple. An athlete can choose to accept a scholarship or not. There are strict - maybe archaic - rules that go along with accepting said scholarship. An athlete can choose to accept the rules or not. If he or she chooses to accept the restrictions placed by the NCAA, in order to continue playing a sport, get an education and get a higher visibility because of playing for that institution - then that is the choice they make. They always have the choice NOT to accept the scholarship and follow the rules.

Yes, you face the possibility of career-ending injury and no, most players are not going to make it into the pros. But if you get a quality education from a university and can get a job to support yourself the rest of your life outside of a sport then you have gotten paid for your ability to play a sport. Anything beyond that is just gravy.

It's all about accountability in my opinion. You make the choice then you choose the consequences.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Roxip. They ARE getting paid with a higher education that many wouldn't get otherwise.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Was Tonya Harding portrayed in the movie in a good light . . . quite differently than her reputation? I'm sure they included her for attention but she is not liked by many.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes she was. Here's our local papers take on this from a reporter who had a front row seat to everything back then. It explains Tonya Harding perfectly.... "poor little me". I expect to see this full on with her stint on DWTS... and I will be nauseated until she is voted off, which I hope is first.

http://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2018/01/i_nauseated_the_oregonians_for.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 23, 2018 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Team Tonya here, and was a fan back in the day, too.

But I don't think she will be judged on actual dancing (by the viewers).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Glad that someone supports her. She needs that support. I think you'd be hard pressed to find too many in Portland who would give her the time of day. She burned a lot of bridges here.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am sure.

Many people who love Dennis Rodman didn't have to live near his parties, helicopter landings and DUIs like people in this county.

But bridges or not, this is a dancing comp for me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Seamonkey. If Tonya comes on the show, works hard and has a great attitude, then I will judge her based on that. If she comes on with a sucky attitude then I will have no sympathy for her. I like to see people persevere against adversity and she does come in with a lot of baggage.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read the producers want some controversy, but hopefully not..