TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through April 26, 2018 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
While Matt giving a gift to Zach would have been nice, it is not something you see happen all the time. It is usually something a mom or wife would do.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Jeremy does put out an attitude of offishness toward his mother's new life journey. It'll be interesting to see how he works through this issue once his daughter arrives. Having a child changes a person, sometimes in small ways and sometimes in huge ways....just depends on what's going on in their life.

And both Molly and Jacob have escaped.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In real time, Jacob has a fiancee who seems close to Amy.

This per Amy's Instagram.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, lots of photos on Amys Insta showing Jacob and his fiancée. I think Molly lives furthest away which is why we see less of her.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Maybe this is because I'm not the biggest Matt fan, but the lack of chemistry between he and Caryn almost makes me think the relationship is just for the show. I can almost see him asking her to act like they are in a relationship, just so he could seem equal with Amy. The difference between the two in terms of the chemistry between them and their significant others is big. Every time Amy is around Chris, she just smiles and looks so at ease. Every time Matt and Caryn are together, they look like they just met. Just strange, but I predict Matt & Caryn won't last.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, something to consider Northwestblonde. It'll be interesting to see how Matt & Caryn's relationship pans out.

One thing that struck me in last night's show was seeing Matt genuinely smiling with a very relaxed look on his face during one of his conversations with Caryn. That moment made me feel like Matt was feeling happy being around Caryn. But of course, with her being a manager for a number of years, he probably has a relaxed/happy response being around her anyway. It's just that I've never seen him smile like this before.

Whenever they show Matt and Amy in the same room, there is tension and unhappiness. I feel bad for the family members having to be around Matt and Amy's dislike/distrust/unhappiness toward one another.

I'm sure this is very common with many families of divorce.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He was in a relationship before Any was and some say he might have been in it before he called it quits with Any (officially).

I was interested that it seems that Caryn hasn't yet mixed Matt with her family.

And Matt didn't tell the family that Caryn had a date with her daughter.

I will say that Caryn's help have Matt a winning gift for Her and Auj.. (I was spelling it Aug, but saw the right spelling on Tori's calligraphy for them.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I am by no means the Queen of Grammer, but listening to the two young wives of the twins is driving me crazy! If you haven't noticed yet, try counting the number of times they say "like" when they speak. My like-meter needle flew off! If I knew them personally, I would suggest they join Toastmasters. Best way to get feedback and correct speaking issues.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
That definitely can get on the nerves, Spoton. I couldn't believe the number of times they both said it. I wonder if anyone ever mentions it to them?

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
With the weird need for Matt to be first, I could see him doing this before Amy even started dating or before the divorce was even announced, Seamonkey. Remember him wanting to beat Amy to the hospital so he could hold the new grandbaby first?

I just keep getting the feeling that Matt and Caryn's relationship is for show. I'm sure they genuinely like each other, but there doesn't feel like there is anything beyond that. If they've been dating even longer than Amy and Chris, you would think Matt would have met her family, etc.

Next week's episode may address another question I've had about their relationship...Matt is all about the farm and little else. I wonder if she is someone who is willing to have no fun outside of the farm because Matt never seems to want to go anywhere. He was always leaving early from vacations when he was married to Amy. Meanwhile, Amy is getting to have all the fun she never got to have while married to Matt. I'm super happy for her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As a 10 year employee, I would have thought Caryn would have introduced her family to the entire Roloff family long ago!

Maybe this storyline gets Darth on the TLC payroll?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Darth?

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Vader???

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I don't know, the way Amy's hackles go up around Caryn, I think there is more to the story that has nothing to do with the TV program.

It's been my observation that men rarely leave one woman without having another lined up.

When Amy realizes that the divorce may have been the best thing that could have happened to her, she'll forget all about Matt & who he's with.

They were both miserable with each other & to each other. It was time to call it quits.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Caryn, not Darth.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I like Caryn from what I've seen. She seems to be a better fit for Matt than Amy was. Matt & Amy are perfect examples of couples staying together after the relationship has changed until their children are raised. It's not always in the kid's best interest to do this.

I was happily married for 11 yrs out of the 13 actual yrs. Once I realized that the desire to stay married to the man could not be recovered, I left. My X & I tried really hard to stay on a friendly term because our daughters were 12 & 9 & our son was 2. We were friendly to the point that the 12 yr old sat us down & told us not to get any weird idea of getting back together because they liked it better this way. We both thought it was great that the kids were actually happier to not be exposed to their parents discontent with each other. That was 30 yrs ago & as the kids became adults, him & I had less & less contact to the point that now the only time we see each other is graduations, weddings, funerals, or grandkid's birthday parties. It works.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I imagine their situation is more complex, because of the income from the show, the pumpkin business, the salsa business, and the nature of the farm, with both living there.

Of course, Matt wants the kids to want to live on the farm, but only Jeremy seems to want that, down the line.

Caryn fits, but when he spends money on projects, Caryn is not the one co-funding that project, So she is free to be encouraging.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I wander if they've discussed one buying out the other as far as the farm? Of course, that's prob not an option right now because of their TLC show. They both prob depend a lot on the income the show generates. I find Zach & Tori interesting & fun to watch & could see them getting a spin off. I don't find Jeremy & Audrey that interesting though.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
It was really nice to see Chris looking so comfortable and enjoying being with Amy so much. I loved hearing him say "next year" and talking so much about their future together. He genuinely looked to be like a man in love. Especially loved how they asked Amy if he had told her he loved her and she said, "wouldn't you like to know?" LOL

On the other hand, I continue to shake my head and feel the doom for Matt and Caryn's relationship. If she has to pull teeth to get him to go on a day trip to the beach and have to deal with his physical limitations every time she wants to go somewhere...well...he seems to use his physical limitations when it's something he doesn't want to do.

Next week looks to be starting to deal with the issue of Amy staying in the big house. If it turns out Matt wants her to move out so he can move in and try to change the terms of the divorce agreement, I'd be beyond pissed. He's the one who wanted to move into the DW and he's the one who offered to have her stay in the house. You want a bigger place, Matt? Build your own damn house.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Amy has a business using the kitchen designed for an LP, in the big house.

I don't think she will back down from their agreement, at least not now.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Amy should not budge and I don't think she will. Surely they have enough land to build a very nice custom , one story home for Matt. I used to Team Matt but now I am Team Amy and she is a nicer, happier person now.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I completely agree Marameko! I've been thinking that they have a HUGE property, he could add on to his home or rebuild easily and not sure why he is whinging away jealously about her house. Because it IS her house now. Get over it, Matt! Since he loves building things, this should be an exciting project for him.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
It doesn't seem quite fair though that Amy gets the HUGE dream house and Matt gets a trailer that is not even customized for dwarf size.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Matt still owns everything with Amy. He chose to move out to his troublesome and when you divorce you usually have a legal document that stipulates division of property.

His heavy equipment has to be immensely expensive and he has full use of that.

Matt can modify the house but clearly since he cannot run Any off the property, he wants property that he owns and not Amy.
The DoubleTree was brought in by Matt for the wedding business after he impulsively had the wedding house destroyed without consulting Amy. As I recall he torched it and Amy was out driving and saw smoke and thought the farm was on fire.

Caryn was smart to withhold her funds from a sight unseen purchase.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Caryn sure put her foot down when Matt pulled one of his stunts he always did with Amy. He was going to by that house without seeing the inside. Caryn said go ahead but without her money. He didn't quite know what to think about that. At least she learned what Amy put up with to many years.