TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 11, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through December 11, 2017 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Snoops, if my source wasn't allegedly somebody from HGTV, I'd doubt it too.

I can see why she would do it. The article says she will be selling on QVC. Lisa Rinna from HWOBH says when she sells her clothes on one of those shopping networks, she makes more money that weekend than she and her husband make the entire year doing everything else. And it's not a lot of work to sell on there.

And how much did Jamie sell her makeup line for? She already has name recognition. If the product actually works, I'd take that chance.

Eta: Who knows, maybe they are keeping it quiet because Joanna called their bluff and forged ahead. Maybe they will be negotiating behind the scenes with lawyers to come up with some deal. She is one of the better designers on the show. Its her husband and his stchitk that drives me crazy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So weird watching Beachfront Bargain Renovation and wondering if its still there. This one is on South Padre Island.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't think South Padre was affected by the most current hurricane. It is much further south. I could be wrong but I really haven't heard anything about South Padre. Oddly enough, even Galveston wasn't that affected. I got an email from Galveston.com this week saying they were open for business.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was looking at a map and thought they were probably ok, but it sure made me wonder about the other shows. Some were around the Carolinas too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Pretty darned sure that all those shows featured on "Island Life" (and other shows like that) that highlight homes in Key West are pretty much toast.

I heard this morning that something like 25% of the homes on the Keys were totally destroyed, 65% suffered major damage and almost 100% had some damage.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Chip and Joanna from Fixer Upper were on the Today show. They dispelled rumors of her leaving, and about their new multi-year product line with Target that is set to launch soon.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lol! And today I was playing a game on my tablet and an ad popped up saying the real reason why Joanna and Chip are leaving HGTV. I didn't click on it, but here I was thinking that the truth must be coming out. Thwarted again! :-)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Grooch, today multiple reputable news sources are reporting the Chip and Joanna announced that this season will be the last for Fixer Upper.
No scandalous reasons, just that it's time and they plan to continue all their other businesses. I don't have a link, but have seen it on People, MSN, CNN, etc.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that they are very smart business people and realize that there is a shelf life for the type of show they put out...besides they have expanded their business way beyond the show. I suspect the show may have taken them beyond their wildest dreams but also exposed their family and themselves (I think Joanna is very private) beyond what they are comfortable with. If it is their last season I wish them continued success.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That face cream/make-up line has apparently used many different celebs to promote their products with no real contracts in place.

Pauley Perette did a "inside edition" or ET news or something like that about how they were using her name and image fraudulently.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We can't get to the room without going through Baby Alactraz, hahahahahaha, best line ever.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 23, 2017 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG....it's not ideal to do the laundry handwashing in the kitchen sink!! I have never done it anywhere else, except maybe the bathroom sink in the last 45 years (when I became responsible for my own laundry).

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
You've been doing it wrong all these years, Dipo.

Sonja Morgan, from the Real Housewives of N.Y., hand washes all her delicates in her bidet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen the new season of Fixer Upper? I caught one of the new shows and Joanna seems really checked out. Maybe it was only that one show but I will be looking to see if she is the same on the other new shows.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't think that Joanna was checked out in the episode I recently watched - to me she seems more relaxed - much less reserved - than usual. Like she's determined to enjoy this final season of the show. I never got the impression that she loved being on camera in the first place but this season she seems to be more "present" on camera than in prior seasons.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting Roxip, the one I saw she was letting Chip make all the decisions saying that she was too busy. I will look for other shows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AND....what was the trend that got people to put carpet into the bathrooms, that just seems so odd to me that anyone would buy into the fact that carpet was sanitary around a toilet.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I totally agree (and to be honest I have been hit and miss on Fixer Upper so far this new season (probably because I'm obsessed with 90 Day Fiance) - I save the episodes and watch them when I have time. I seriously hope Chip and Joanne didn't put carpet in a bathroom! I don't even have a bath mat by my toilet!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, No, they didn't but I was watching another show and there was carpet in the bathroom so I was wondering why that had become a trend.

In the real olden days everyone had wood floors so what in the world happened to make people think carpet would be good in the bathroom, LOL.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We had throw rugs all over our one bathroom when I was growing up. At one point, my mom had one of those hairy toilet seat covers that matched the tank cover that matched the floors. One of my friends commented that it was the "hairiest bathroom I've ever seen." At least the throw rugs could be tossed into the washing machine. Wall-to-wall carpeting was a big thing back in the 60s. I guess some people got carried away, not thinking at all about sanitation. Ugh!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The master bath of our current home was carpeted, although there was linoleum in the toilet area. We disliked the carpet of course. We remodeled a year ago and have beautiful tile floors and baseboards. I just pointed out to my husband that it was funny that we were so happy to get rid of the carpet and now have 4 mats in front of the vanity, it is large and the mats are small.

Now we just need to do the other 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, dining, family room and what the heck, my reading nook and the laundry room and we can have a brand new house. Then we can sell it and build the one level ranch house in an updated craftsman style house of my dreams.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I just watched last weeks Fixer Upper and thought the same thing, Dipo. It didn't seem like either of them were really into it.

Could be that it was because it wasn't much of a fixer. Had the couple picked the $30,000 house - THAT would have been something to see! (The reno was wayyyyy out of their budget)

BTW hubby and I rented a duplex when we first started out and the landlord had carpet in the bathroom. He was so proud of being IN lol We finally got permission to rip it out when son was potty training. We were surprised to find beautiful flooring under that nasty red and black mosaic carpet

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Have you guys seen the Drew Honeymoon Home show? They are doing some amazing things to that house, it's in LA. And I crack up at how tall he is and how short she is.

Love her craft room but it sure looked too cluttered with "decorative items", I would go nuts with all those knick knacks all over my house just taking up space, LOL.

All I can think about is how long it would take to dust everything, you would never have any time to craft. I know most of it is for the visual appearance for the camera, but I would love to see the house with less crap all around.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm watching it, Dipo. That episode doesn't air for us until tomorrow

I'm also watching the new Flip Or Flops. The Vintage one is interesting...still trying out the other ones

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Drew's house looks like it is in Hancock Park. They always pretend that they didn't know about foundation work, pipes, local rules, etc before buying house. Wonder how long they will really live there before flipping it.