TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TOP CHEF COLORADO

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: TOP CHEF COLORADO users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 24, 2017Landileigh25 12-24-17  5:03 pm
Archive through January 16, 2018Reader23425 01-16-18  5:47 pm
Archive through February 09, 2018Seamonkey25 02-09-18  1:16 am
Archive through March 10, 2018Panda25 03-10-18  2:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
since we don't have a generic top chef thread
‘Top Chef’ stars help cap off weekend of media-obsessed parties

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://tamaratattles.com/2018/10/09/top-chefs-fatima-ali-has-terminal-cancer/#comment-528835

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/fatima-ali-cancer

So sad.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Oh wow! I hate Cancer. I truly am afraid to say “I’m a cancer survivor “. I try not to feel like a ticking time bomb, that’s no way to live! Day by day, always chose joy, even when it’s hard...

Thanks for sharing Seamonkey

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
So very sad. Just shows how we can NEVER, EVER take life for granted.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have no words.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Reader, I am a nine year cancer survivor. I will hit ten years in March. I look as each day as a precious gift and don't take things for granted.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    

I have a very real hate for cancer. It took so many people I love...including my husband

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ditto. And when I see that commercial for a breast cancer drug with the woman skipping out the door saying happily, "This is my new normal" I want to throw something at the tv. But, instead, I tell her F YOU!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Jesus! As I was typing this, that stupid commercial was on tv. F YOU, lady!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy, I hit 10 years on June 16!

But now have a recent addition of a hematologist/oncologist to figure out if I have a real problem or wonky blood test results.

Those commercials are annoying, but some of these new therapies do give people more time and hope. Still it is a mixed bag and often means being in treatment mode for years.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Everyone I knew who took that medicine had bad reactions to it and got off it. That one just pisses me off.

And when you are with someone who is dying, you don't need to be reminded by the tv about cancer. That commercial is the only one that works me up. It's obnoxious and I consider it false advertising. The other ones don't trigger me.

On a happier note, CONGRATS, SEAMONKEY!!!

I'm sincerely happy that you're around to mod me. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree and really hate commercials pushing any medication.

Especially when they use celebrities.

Well also the chirpy bright ones as they list possible and catastrophic side effects.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lol! I'm usually doing something when the tv is on and not paying attention. But when those commercials are on and they start listing the side effects, my ears somehow pick it up. I hear "instant death, brain bleeding, loss of limbs, throwing up blood, etc, etc," and I'm like what the heck medicine is that one and what's it for? I don't want to take it. But by that point, they never mention the name of it again.

I heard a newly elected senator, or Congressman, being interviewed on tv the other day. He ran on lowering health costs. The host asked him how he planned on doing that. He replied that the first thing he was going to do was try to pass a bill that would make it illegal for drug companies to deduct the costs of their drug commercials. To much money spent on them. Then he realized that the tv station he was on relies on that advertising money. He said, Oops! But he was still going yo do it. Lol!

I can get behind that proposal. :-)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Note to Self by Fatima Ali had me crying, what an amazing soul she is 💕
I don’t know why I have such a hard time making the link clickable

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/note-to-self-chef-fatima-ali

Yay Seamonkey! Go you!

LINK

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hi, Reader! I fixed it for you!

You used the wrong slash, the correct formatting slash is the "backward" slash "\" not the forward slash "\"

Also, if you put the link in before you finish your post, the board will format it correctly for you.

If you add it after you edit, the board software is not so thoughtful. :-)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thank you! I knew it couldn’t be that hard!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting it, Reader. I watched it on tv this morning and I got all teary eyed too.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: