TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 16, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 16: Archive through November 16, 2017 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Didn't that happen to Tim in another season? I think he fell down some subway stairs.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Margarita just irritates me so much!

And Kenya boo hooing over choosing between rent and fabric.

I am sure the multiple property owners who have had the expense of non payment and eviction agree with me.. Pay the rent! Save up for the fabric. But she lives to possibly take someone else down before final three.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In the repeat segment at the beginning of the show.

Tim said "fur free".

Margarita said "cruelty free".

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 03, 2017 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Tim had a black eye or something in some other season...plus one season he had a really bad attack of his rosacea I think.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Kentayo and Brandon's designs are similar, sometimes I think the only way I could pick out which is which is because Brandon has his signature straps hanging down. I thought Ayana's design this week was awful.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree with you on everything in your post. I'm just surprised the judges haven't said anything about it.

I watched the show with my mother and sister and the funniest thing is is my sister said something about how Brandon is so shy and sweet. My mother said, "Don't fall for it. It's all an act." My mother is a good judge of character and is usually right. I'm going to be giving Brandon the side eye from now on.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Grooch, you are correct. In another season he did fall down in the subway. When he arrived with the bandaid, I was thinking boy, he falls down a lot.

Lakecat, I agree with you about Ayana’s jacket. I hated it. But overall I think she is definitely the best designer. Hope she wins. If not, kentaro.

I would love to wear brandon’s Clothes myself, love them. But he shouldn’t win. He’s a one trick pony.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
but do Brandon's for sale clothes have straps hanging every where, and if they do, will his clients die in elevator and escalator and subway and auto accidents all over the city?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Overall, this group of contestants have been very pleasant. Some quibble here and there but nice and supportive of each other. Refreshing to see, for a change in a competitive reality show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Brandon's clothes have reminded me of the Units clothing from the 80s.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Wow! That's a blast from the past, Roxip. I had a friend that was all she usually wore. She looked great in them. Me, being so tall, they didn't fit.

Here's a link that's making me feel all nostalgic for the 80's. Lol! Maybe that's why Heidi and Nina love his looks so much. They're nostalgic, too.

That 80's Look

Looking at the pictures reminds me why I couldn't wear them. You had to go braless.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...I'm short, squatty and haven't been able to go braless since I was 12...I never could wear them either!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch the judges comments as they were deliberating the looks from last week. Katie Holmes said of Kenya's look that she really liked it and it's very wearable... and maybe that is the new direction for fashion.

I had to rewind it to make sure I heard correctly... and I did. I thought what a novel concept... that fashion is actually wearable. Otherwise what if the point of designing collection after collection is no one can ever wear them.... Over the weekend I've thought about the comment several times... so now I'm wondering if it means not just fashion being wearable... but fashion shows exhibiting actual wearable fashion... How often are the looks taken right from the runway to the stores? I know often celebrities will take a look right from the runway to their real-life... but I don't see actress' and real people the same. Actress have more disposable income to spend on fashion. Don't designers usually have to re-design the looks slightly so they are marketable... So I guess Katie's point is... Kenya's look is already marketable.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL! I hadn't thought of it that way but I do remember being amused at the novelty of the thought that a designer would actually design clothing for people to actually wear!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Didnt Kenya say she had to choose between fabric and rent? Did you see her mom/grandma's house on tonite's ep!!!???? it's a freakin mansion!

I think she wanted them to thnk she comes from poverty, it doesnt appear that way

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Jez i hope magarita doesn't make it to the finale! 🤞

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was sad to see her go though. I liked her collection. I feel Margarita stole her spot. I dont like how snarky she is. Hope her parents home survived in puerto rico!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Margarita retweeted the rudest tweet

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 10, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was sorry to see Kenya go also although quite honestly I felt all that beaded stuff was dated. I think they should have just gone with 3. It seems unnecessarily harsh to get rid of Kenya and keep Margarita.

They so want Brandon to win. Personally I still am leaning toward Kentaro. His clothes are visually more stunning and more flattering to his models.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Margarita was lucky that Tim told her to show those 2 outfits because the rest of her collection as a mess.

Kenya isn't a flashy designer. Much of what she designs is not for the 100 lb 16-25 year old. She designs for the average everyday women. Her line would be able to be sold and bought at any major department store.

I like Brandon's designs more for the "art" factor. It's not something you can wear on a regular everyday basis. But it's cool to look at. I would wear his pieces but not as a whole I'd pair it with something more tame. Same for Kentaro...I'd wear a piece of his design with something more basic.

Good luck to all of them.

I enjoyed this season very much!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 10, 2017 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know about that. Did you see Brandon wearing one of his things when Tim visited him, he had all these dangling straps on the bottom and all I could think was death trap. obviously he does not ride a bike or an escalator. he is lucky to survive an elevator. think Isadora Duncan.

Guess they really wanted Kentayo, I thought his white dress was lumpy. Some times he has an issue, usually with larger models as if he does not know how to make they look nice, so he makes them look ridiculous.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I loved Units Roxip, I'm 6 ft tall and I had several jumpsuits and a couple of skirts. They were a little short but so was everything I owned.
Of course my favorite, Kenya,will not move forward. She kept stressing her stuff was classy and it was, I just don't see that with the others designers. They have interesting pieces though.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I think that the goal of the judges is to make a statement, not create clothes that most women would wear.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really like Brandon and Kentaro. And Ayana belongs in the finale.

I do think Margarita was saved one ot two too many times, but grew weary of Kenya's tears and takes of choosing other things over paying rent, thus stuffing landlords, or maybe housemates.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Brandon's collection was least favorite maybe bc he used the same fabric for everything. I liked Margaritas and iyanas best.