TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 22, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 16: Archive through October 22, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Correct, no one got the $25,000 prize money. They used Brandon's design, but there was no winner. Very strange.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Do not understand why they would not give the money to Brandon. In a horse race, if the winner gets disqualified, then the 2nd place horse wins and bets are paid off.

Jasper, thanks for clarifying what Tim said. I thought I heard him say when talking to Michael in hallway, something like uh huh, well that is allowed, and only later in next scene changed his tune. But obviously I would make a bad witness at a crime scene. LOL!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rob, this is what I think happened. Amy Bond said in an interview that she thinks Dixie was sent copies of all the prints BEFORE the runway and they picked Claire's design for their cup (there was no representative from Dixie at the runway judging). Even though there was nothing special about Claire's outfit, Dixie really liked the print so it sounds like they determined the winner before the judging. I'm assuming that since Dixie technically didn't award Brandon the win, he didn't get the $25,000 but they probably agreed to use his print since they had a contract with PR.

That's my take on it.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, October 16, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I just read at jokers that both Dixie and Brandon said on twitter he did get the money. They didn't provide a link.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That's awesome Sunnyday. I must be losing my mind. I thought Tim said "there was no winner" when it came to the $25,000.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Lexie Tim did say that, so if the twitter is correct then Dixie must have decided to give him the money anyway.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
PR season 3 cast member Michael Knight has died, he was only 39.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/project-runway-star-mychael-knight-dead-dies_us_59e66c77e4b00905bdad45a4?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://heavy.com/news/2017/10/mychael-knight-cause-of-death-ibs/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Truly sad news as he was way too young. My heart breaks for him at seeing how thin he became.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
So sad. I really liked him when he was on the show. And I rarely remember any of them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So tragic. I had no idea IBS could be fatal. I loved his designs. He did quite well for himself in the fashion world considering he didn't win.

Thanks Sunnyday. I thought I was losing my mind about the $25,000.

Peeper

06-14-2004

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
I was so saddened to hear about Michael's death. Like you Grooch, I barely remember people from one season to another but I knew Michael when I read his name. I am seriously shocked by how thin he was at his last fashion show and have to wonder if he had other health issues as well, I know people with ibs and have never seen a body ravaged to that degree from ibs. RIP Michael. :-(.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
even Nina got in on the booby touching this week LOL

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It is so sad about Mychael. I like that they did a memorial card at the end of the episode.

------------------------------------

I didn't really get the love for Margarita's outfit. I guess it fit well. I got Wonder Woman's crazy cousin vibes from it.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I was happy to see Ayana win this week.
Her joy is so infectious!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It was nice. I definitely liked hers the best. I agreed with Heidi that it was over the top, but in good way.

Brandon sure pulled a rabbit out of his hat. His outfit looked good. I was happy he ditched the emergency blanket.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree Sportsfan!

i liked Brandons but was shocked no one said it looked halloween like a candy corn

i was shocked Gunn didnt use save on Michael.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
They may show him using it next week in the work room, they've done it that way before.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pamy, that was my thought exactly, candy corn from Brandon! Of course it had a few dangly strings as well.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sunny, true!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
brandon's outfit looked good if you ignored the view of his models butt sticking out the bottom. People have been auf'd for less.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Brandon is the front runner. I just don't like his style, but that's par for the course with this show and me.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 1:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I believe that Tim Gunn is in a precarious position with using his save option. He can't really use it on anyone other than who he thinks should be the winner of the whole competition - using it on anyone else would be wasting it when it might really be needed later for "the one".

We've seen lots of designers get basically a raw deal & be let go on challenges but the save isn't for that purpose unless it's for "the one". Even the best designer can have an off day & be on the chopping block but I don't think the judges would ever let a designer go - even if they failed the challenge completely, if the judges thought the designer was worthy of being in the finals.

Tim's got himself in a position in the past of using the option & then almost having to partner with the person to be the winner of the competition - which isn't really fair to the others.

I'm not crazy about Brandon's designs but they are different than anything I've ever seen & well executed. I think design originality trumps even the best seamstress on this show.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Tim usually uses his save on someone who has a story of being bullied, discriminated against, or having to overcome something. A story that pulls at his heart strings. Michael didn't have one.

When the season first started and they had the episode that showcased the contestants, I thought I wouldn't like Michael's designs. Now I think he is one of the best designers on the show. I was sad to see him go because I wanted to see his collection.

If I had to pick 3 designers for the finale, I could pick 2 (Kentaro and Kenya), but I'd have a difficult time who to pick for the third because PR finally has a season of talented people.