TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 16: Archive through October 07, 2017 users admin

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
First, I can't believe they spent so much time at the beginning of the episode with the twins, I was ready for the next challenge!

Then I was very disappointed by the prints! Sometimes this episode is a more fun one when they can be very creative. I wouldn't trust any of them with making me wear a print...lol

Also I guess that Clare has a similar pair of pants in her closet and was using her tape measure to figure out what she needed to do for the ones in the work room?

Also annoyed about even having the twins on the show, it's always about them! I agree with Lexie, nothing special about their designs.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Exactly where are all of the rules posted? I've read a few different things online and it seems people want Claire's head on a platter and are so very sure she violated some rule based solely on a comment from bitter boots Margarita. Do we know for certain that measuring tape is forbidden? Of course, we don't actually know if Claire had any contraband tape, perhaps if she did it she simply forgot she had it, that doesn't seem a stretch to me. Perhaps it was hanging around her neck or in her pocket? Perhaps nothing happened (Look at me, defending one of the twins).
If someone saw a rules violation, they should have asked about it immediately vs getting all uriney on the runway.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The only thing I can think of is that it is forbidden to work on items anywhere but in the workroom, and if Claire is sneaking into the bathroom and working on items then perhaps that is a rules violation.

Margarita was ridiculous this episode and she totally let Claire get into her head based on an imagined notion that Claire was copying her idea. Good thing Margarita had immunity because her outfit was horrible! She defeated herself all by herself.

And who makes a peblum right under one's breasts? I have only seen peblums (I might be totally ruining the spelling of that word) that are at the waist. What was Kenya thinking? That lady had a lovely figure and she just hid it.

Don't even get me started on Michael's fugly outfit. Great idea but it wasn't made for the woman he was designing for. And Bahati and her lack of print?

I'm not a fan of these "designing a print" episodes honestly. I've never seen a really outstanding print come out of it...the designers all seem afraid of them, and the material they print them on always seems stiff.

I actually thought Kentaro's outfit was the best of the bunch.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
How gorgeous was his model as well?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have to go back and watch what Michael said to Margarita. I thought he said he saw tape (measuring tape?) in Claire's "room?" which struck me as odd because I couldn't figure out why he would be in her room. The whole thing was confusing as to where he saw the tape and what type of tape it was.

Then there was something about the bathroom - so maybe the rule is you can't take your garments into the bathroom out of the sight of the cameras.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know if the rues are written down anywhere, all I know is why people have been kicked off in the past and it was the one guy for having design books in his room, at that time they mentioned no magazines in the room either. Nothing they can get ideas from. In another show there were comments about someone who took apart the clothes they were wearing to measure them for pants, that was not allowed either and they stopped that person saying patterns were not allowed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I do remember both those incidents Sadiesmom. There was also the incident where one of the designers used double-sided tape on his model. He also got the old heave-ho.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Great memory, Sadiesmom! She could have been taking the measuring tape back to the room multiple times to measure the clothes she was allegedly copying from. But to be honest, I can't imagine her blatantly doing it. But, you never know.

I was wondering, after watching the show, if after Michael tells Tim what Margarita had told him, we'll find out that she will backtrack on what she said. That she may have been exaggerating what she said. That's why she never complained directly to Tim.

I'm also thinking that since she didn't complain right away about the measuring tape that there is nothing they can do about it. It's a he said/she said type of thing. Like with the double sided tape. Maybe that's why Margarita looked disgusted when she was walking down the hallway in the preview.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm curious what "room" they are talking about?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lexie, as far as I know, she brought the measuring tape back to where they sleep at night(hotel room) and she had the pants in the bathroom.

Was it the hotel bathroom she had the pants in to measure them, maybe? So nobody would see?

I will be watching this episode, so I will see if she had been working on those pants the first day of the challenge.

She also copied pants for her model when they had to make outfits for her model. Maybe Margarita was referring to that time, too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Maybe so... that's the only room I can think of that he's talking about. How did she get the pants out of the work room and back to the hotel without anyone else seeing? The whole thing is just bizarre.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lexie, what i am thinking is that Claire had the pants that she copied at the hotel in her closet.

Since she was going to copy them, she took them into the hotel bathroom with the measuring tape and made measurements of inseams, waist, length, and whatever else you need to copy them. She wrote them down and brought the measurements to the workroom. If it wasn't her, then it was Margarita in the study with the pipe. :-)

I would love to see production go to her hotel room and search it and find the measuring tape.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now that makes sense!!!! Thanks Grooch!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
If it wasn't her, then it was Margarita in the study with the pipe.

Grooch!

I interpreted it the same way. She measured her own pants back at the hotel room (she and Margarita are in the same room).

They sure are dragging this out!

I really loved Kenya's bond with her client/model. Didn't care for the outfit though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Even stranger, on my West coast recording, there was an ad showing the new Dixie cup, which is white with black stripes .. So it may be giving results away.

So much wrong.. Close ups of twins with snot -coated nose rings, peplums running amok, Heidi overriding the other experts who loved Kentaro's lovely outfit, which would be smashing at an Indian wedding..

And Margarita losing passive aggression everywhere.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Grooch!!

I was thinking even if she did measure her pants, is she the same size as the model?

if they do kick her off I bet they knew all along..knew kentaro's was best outfit but made her win so we have drama, kick her off, then he wins. but I do like the theory that this turns out to be no prob and thats why margarita is shown throwing her hands in the air

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Maybe Margarita planted a clandestine tape measure in Claire's room!!!

Would Michael (previously one of the golden childs) be as upset if his outfit hadn't gotten strongly critiqued?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I also noticed the commercial with a Dixie cup that looked similar to Claire's print.

I didn't care for Kentaro's outfit. Hated the colors and thought it was too big on the model.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I thought I had made a post but maybe it was removed so I will careful. The twins have been on another reality show and won over $200K So, I am sure the producers knew they could cause drama.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I saw that on Facebook, Carlpsmom! I also saw on that post where someone was annoyed how Heidi always acts surprised about stuff, I believe she knows, too, and always announces "This is a first"...

I have sisters that are twins and while I know there's always a bond, no way do they act like that!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh I saw this very manipulative duo, not like they are on PR at all
Michigan twins double their fame with VH1's 'Twinning'Michigan twins double their fame with VH1's 'Twinning'

Marej

09-19-2002

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Could the twins have planned all this drama....for TV time?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Forgot to say Stallone's daughter was beautiful and looks so much like her dad and her mom Jennifer Flavin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Marje, I think they wanted to be outrageous for tv time, but I can't imagine that they want to be caught up in a cheating scandal and be remembered for that. It might damage their "brand" if they are serious about having a future in the fashion business.

Now, cheating and planning on not getting caught is another story. (If it's true that they did.)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Pamy, those twins are intelligent (if you're going by their vocabulary.) I figure Claire can do the math to convert her measurements to the models.

Oh, and another thing I noticed from the show. I think the producers had different size models this season so when they do have a challenge with everyday people (Like this one) the designers are used to plus sized models and don't kevetch and cry about it in front of these people, making them feel horrible about their bodies.

Not one designer made a rude comment about who they got, which was very pleasant for a change.