TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 25: Archive through September 27, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, yes she did.. She tends to make comments like that from time to time on Shark Tank too, but she also seems very popular with those who have suceeded with her help.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's harder to be an older female contestant on this show. The older guys usually have some sort of shtick and if they aren't very good they can pretty much stand there for a couple of episodes while their female pro dances around them. That doesn't work as well for the women.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Mark and elana from BB are in the audience.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Wow. I didn't see them and they are hard to miss. I have to be more observant.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mark and Elena from BB may have been in the audience, but next season Raven is going to be a pro on the show.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Ha! You know she will be Lexie. So did we predict correctly or what? Barbara was the first to go. Either Shark Tank fans don't like her or the Keo fans weren't voting. (are there that many Keo fans?)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sure people can come up with more but I think it is a combination of four main things that determine success on this show. Talent (good at dancing), entertainment value (fun to watch), a backstory or some personal history (celebrity) that people care about and, having an appealing pro partner. Unfortunately, Barbara fell short in all of those areas.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Scores:

DWTS_Scores_Week2_Ep1

Orange is eliminated. Green is the last to be called safe (how meaningful that is, is hard to say)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(U.S._season_25)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought Barbara was super-fun on the show (and she's one of my favorite sharks). I think she was doomed as soon as she was paired with Keo. He's always one of the first pros to be voted out. He has zero fan base in the U.S.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, LOVE the new chart. So easy to read and figure out.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling we're going to get a ton of over or underscoring tonight as make goods for last night (I'm thinking Nikki and Lindsey will get overscored to keep them safe)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Roteach. If you're referring to the chart with the scores, I really have to give Wikipedia the credit for it though. I just brought it over here so it's easy for us to see it. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't watch the show but I am curious how Drew of Property Brothers is doing? I see he is in the lower scores but is he dancing well or just barely hanging on? TIA.

And Jimmer, that is a cool chart.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, he is much better than I expected. He is very tall and so the dances dont look as good as they would look on someone equally as tall, imo. He is happy and enjoying this experience, I hope he stays a few more weeks

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This didn't record last night 😟

I guess I never went in to deal with the conflict with SYTYCD, DWTS and The Voice.

I was definitely sorry that Barbara got Keo.

Sharp looking chart, Jimmer!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pamy, I was hoping he would stay for awhile, he is the only one I have really heard of, LOL.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Barbara's constant interruption of the judges and trying to be clever annoyed the heck out of me. I loved when Tom compared her to Charo!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Debbie & Alan eliminated. Did well tonight. Especially sorry to see Alan go. First full season as a pro.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Not too surprised...decent scores, but one of the lesser known celebs plus a new pro isn’t going to help...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Alan stood out last season when he subbed for Maks.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was a little surprised that Debbie was eliminated so soon. Didn't Alan also sub for Derek a couple of years ago? If so, he was known to the viewers.

That being said, I think Debbie Gibson's story of "Lyme disease" was going to get old with the viewers.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh no! Sad to see Debbie go. Electric Youth!
I also like her new pro. :-(

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Go to people.com to read about Frankie Munez. It's a wonder he is still alive. He sure impressed me last night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Scores:

Scores

Orange is eliminated. Green is the last to be called safe (how meaningful that is, is hard to say).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(U.S._season_25)