TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through September 08, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching Rustic Renovation? Really have enjoyed the cabins...but all that snow freaks this Texas girl out!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm seeing commercials for a lot of reno shows returning next week on HGTV (Property Brothers, Fixer Upper, Flip or Flop, Masters of Flip)

Yes!!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just heard a well sourced rumor that the show Fixer Upper is done. Just happened in the past 3 days.

Joanna Gaines started her skin care line and hooked up with Lori Granier from Shark Tank and HGTV fired her for breach of contract or something like that. They gave her husband 24 hours to decide if he wanted to do the show on his own. He ended up telling them no.

I googled to see if anything was out there and I found an article from April dispelling a rumor that she was quitting the show for this product. I guess there was some truth to the original rumor.

Link

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Good Riddance!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I hope not.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
It's not true. She addressed this in People
http://people.com/home/joanna-gaines-slams-rumors-shes-leaving-fixer-upper-to-start-beauty-line/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That was from July. This happened, now, 4 days ago. My source is a person who overheard someone talking who works for HGTV.

All we can do is wait and see.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
do we have a separate place to discuss the HGTV/DYI house sweepstakes because I want to win the Vermont one. The one in Tennessee, well I would rather have a garage than another lounge or an art room, love the screened in porch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What ever happened in the world a few years back that made people think it was a good idea to put carpet in the bathrooms.

I have wondered this for a long time and keep forgetting to ask, and now on House Hunters here is another bathroom with carpet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I don't think there is a separate thread but you could make one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am chuckling at these people from Boston who don't realize the price of a home in San Diego with a water view.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I tried Home Town and Worst to First on HGTV.

Nope, didn't like either one. Normally I give a show three episodes, but I was really forcing myself to finish both

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't care that much for the stars of Home Town but I loved the renovations. They kind of grew on me by season's end.

Never saw Worst to First.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh gosh, I watched a show with the MOST ANNOYING WOMAN HOST ever - Vintage Restoration. The woman doing the renovations (quite nicely I must say) really got on my nerves.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I guess the rumor I heard was true after all about Joanna Gaines.

Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper Breaches Her HGTV Contract, But You’ll Never Guess Why

quote:

BREAKING NEWS: HGTV has ousted Joanna Gaines for breaking her contractual agreement, not even Chip knew what was going on. News broke of this legal whirlwind just a few days ago. Apparently, things have been going downhill for a while; but now it’s safe to say the boat has sunken.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Shouldn't that be "the boat has sunk"?

Not a big fan of Fixer Upper. I didn't mind Joanna so much, however, I found Chip to be all kinds of annoying.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Never heard of Gates Report and the story is dated August 20. If true I would think other, better known sites would have picked up the story by now.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
This is odd. The link takes me to a different story than I originally read. The one I linked to was dated Sept 7. And it had all the things I said.

If you look closely, both stories are really an ad. My original link had a way to get a discount coupon for her product if you were one of the first 150 people to respond.

It makes me think that Joanna's publicist did the story and HGTV made them pull it when they saw it.

I'm going to see if I can find the original.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Try this Link

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Links to another story dated 8/20. The story is written in very poor English/grammar and reads as if it was translated from a foreign language.
In any event, I'll wait to see if a legitimate news source reports anything about this.
I hope it's not true as I do enjoy Fixer Upper.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That is so weird that it did it again. I double checked. If you Google her name, it pops up at the very top of the page. It will say "ad" before the name of the article.

This is odd. I just googled it right now and it was there. I googled it 10 seconds later and it's gone now. There were 2 other sites that had the story. One was a beauty secret site and the other some gossip page I never heard of before. They are gone too.

Fuels my conspiracy theory that HGTV wants it quiet for some reason.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It was there again. Who knows for how long.

Snoopsmom, I sent you a pm with the article copied. I didn't want to break any copyright rules. I just want to prove I'm crazy, but not that crazy. Lol!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Brooch aren't the google "ad" sites paid? Or get paid for clicks?

I went searching too to see if there was an update, all I got was HuffPost writer that stayed in one of their B&Bs. I'm not a fan, there seems to be some shady crap going on, but I suspect that's what it takes to be a millionaire with an empire, so maybe I'm just jealous. I'll say that the Flipping houses coupe is much worse for me

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Grooch. I believed you were seeing the different article, it's more that I don't trust those ad sites. The beauty product line stories have been around for awhile now, for both Joanna and Christina from Flip or Flop and have been refuted.
There could be something to it, and HGTV might want to keep it quiet since a new season of Fixer Upper is due to premier soon. I guess time will tell!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I simply cannot understand why the Gaines' would have anything to benefit from pulling out of Fixer Upper, or indeed doing anything that might damage their brand. They have made an entire industry from this show...they have a retail and online store, a bakery, a restaurant, a B&B - if they were to fade into reality show obscurity they would lose a lot of the foot traffic they get in those businesses, which they have invested a considerable amount of time and money in.