TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 09, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Megan and Jim moved to the OC to take care of his daughter while his former wife was dealing with cancer. After his ex-wife died and the daughter left home (I think she went off to college but I wouldn't swear to it), there was no need for Megan to stay in the OC.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, January 30, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie, that makes sense. Megan didn't strike me as being interested in acting & it didn't make sense to me that he lived in St.Louis & she was in OC.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, January 30, 2017 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Jim Edmonds also played on the West Coast, another reason he was on the West Coast a lot, but he's now a broadcaster for Fox Sports MidWest/St. Louis Cardinals so is based more in St. Louis now.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry things seem to be tense again between Shannon and David.

Keep shaking my head over Vicki. What a clueless wonder. She'd still be with Brooks if he hadn't left her. Maybe it's the domestic violence background, but she seems to have a nice guy, but doesn't seem that interested in keeping him the way she chased Brooks all over hell's half acre.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Ugh Vicki.. I was hoping she would be gone this year and why did the bring Meghan and the other lady back.

I think I am over the OC and won't be watching anymore. I still plan on watching BH and may check in on NY but I think the series as a whole has run its course. Time for me to move on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean Terolyn; Vicki should be gone she is just awful and has no self-awareness at all.

Not really much to watch there. And I am really surprised at how Shannon is so down on herself, she looked so sad and unhappy.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ugh, Vicki is right, Ter. Vicki has ruined my flavor for this franchise....I'll still tune into Atlanta and I still have NY on my dvr. Just a couple episodes behind.

You know there something wrong with the world when Tamera doesn't seem that bad.

Shannon is basically a good person but she's getting on my last nerve tweeting about her weight gain and blaming Vicki.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think Shannon is using Vicki as a scape-goat. She is depressed and unhappy and I think that is largely due to her relationship with her husband. I don't think there is much left to salvage.

Also, note to all the housewives... vow renewals = marriage death.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
It seems that Megan is back. Above there was so much matter-of-fact statement that she was off the show. What happened?

Shannon cannot blame Vicki for her weight gain, even with the added stress. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They must have offered Megan a shitload of money to come back because she was G-O-N-E. They sold their main residence in the OC when she moved back to St. Louis so now they are staying in their vacation home which is a good 2-3 hour drive (one-way) from the OC. I wonder if they are going to rent a house in the OC because that drive is a killer just to attend cast events.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I really could have done without Lydia and her mother. I fastforwarded through their parts last night.

What is with Tamara's son, Ryan? Who wears a full long beard in southern California and then can't take his cap off and covers up the rest with sunglasses. He was the only one at the party that didn't take off their sunglasses. It looks like he is trying to disguise himself.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I always liked Megan (as much as someone can like a housewife). But I don't think she fits into this cast at all. I'd like to see her just concentrate on that baby of hers but not my decision.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Jeez Lydia...someone must have told her to get in there and cause some ruckus. Shannon by no means yelled at her. Replays come in handy. And Lydia was there stirring the pot with so little finesse...she'll be gone again.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
she'll be gone again.

One can hope!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I feel bad for Shannon and her family. I think that based on what we are seeing, that she and David need to call it quits. Their marriage looks doomed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Shannon should have never come back after last season. You could see where she was getting a little chunky at the reunion. And she's trying to blame the weight gain on Vicki revealing that David hit her. What does that have to do with anything? If it isn't true, why is she eating and drinking herself into oblivion? Clearly, David isn't worried about the allegations -he's as fit as ever. Do I think David might have gotten physical with Shannon? Yes, I do. But I don't think David really cares. He'd be more than happy to split up right now if he could.

I suspect that once the youngest turns 18, these two will be kaput (if they can last that long).

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I agree. He looks like he checked out a long time ago. She really is damaging her family. I suspect that she may have a problem with alcohol. That may be part of the reason for the weight gain.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I am wondering how Shannon gained that much weight, that quickly. I am overweight, so I am not judging, I'm just thinking it was not even a full year since the reunion. I'm wondering if she's been checked for Cushings. Hopefully medical reasons have been reviewed instead of just "it's all Vicki's fault."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jen, Shannon was "fluffy in the belly at the last reunion." (She looked about 20 15-20 lbs. heavier to me at the reunion.) There's about a four-month gap between the time the season finishes filming and the reunion is filmed. Then there is about a three-month gap or so between the time the reunion airs and the next season starts filming. So she gained the 40 lbs. over a period of about seven months.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
When Shannon was on Watch What Happens Live she talked about "blame Vicki" in her way, she was stress eating because of how it would play out oncamera and the reactions of being accused of wife beating...

She said she hasn't been drinking and was losing weight (I forget how much... honestly we obsess way too much about weight, Shannon wasn't healthy and I hope that's being addressed more in her mind)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else find it odd that they (can't remember their names) are launching a print magazine in this day and age. Just seems really odd to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, that would be Lydia and Doug. And it does seem odd.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexiegirl. I have basically given up on this show, can't deal with Vicki, but I do catch things now and then.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Why does Peggy sound like she has such difficulty with English. She has been here since she was an baby. And with all their money you'd think she could get a decent hairstyle, she always appears like she has been dragged thru a hedge.
I'm not sure why she is even there, along with Lydia.

Vickie certainly is in fine vindictive form this season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I don't know. But what is weird is I used to work for someone who was Armenian. His parents came here when they were very young children and even thought they were raised in the US, they both had thick Armenian accents. My boss, who was born in the US, did not have an accent. However, I don't know if his brother and sister had an Armenian accent because they lived in Maryland and I never met them.