TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 19, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through August 19, 2017 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I did not understand the sandbox ! Was that producer driven for drama? Or is Matt just wanting to build something! I had a sandbox , the turtle shaped one...with a lid! Sandboxes out in the open sleeve me out, more than playing in the dirt!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Matt always has to make a giant production of everything. And it seems he never talks to Any without whining about money, her being in the big house, or both.

But even a Matt Roloff super duper sandbox is probably a safer project than that family compound he was wanting to start.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Whew Sea, that is so true! The family compound was bound to be a FUBAR

Loved the 'Grandma Shower' Lots of Grandma Friends want the pleasure of looking for Onesies etc., and showing off their sweet "Finds" to compare. Great idea for a party.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Seeing Zack so ill was startling. I'm not sure I''m buying that 'stress' diagnosis.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I'm pretty concerned too OG. But I also I'm hoping that it's not his shunt that needs replacing that's all they need is his surgery with a new baby.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It seemed that the doctor thought it it was his shunt, symptoms wouldn't was and wane.

But I wish he could get a more complete workup.. It could be the shunt, or if could be something completely different and still be of great concern.

Zach has such a laid back demeanor, so it could be that he was holding in all the anxiety about new responsibility with a child, and a child who might have issues, Tori recouping from a C Section, his new job working for Matt.. his parents divorce.. losing Sully.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Perhaps he is just having plain old garden variety migraines. They can be horrendous.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Zach's little boy is adorable. Wishing them much happiness and great health.

I'm not a big fan of Amy. But I sort of understand not wanting the ex and the new boyfriend getting too chummy.

I get a strange vibe from Chris (is that Amy's boyfriends name?) Like he may be a seeker of TV time.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah Lil, I get the same vibe from Chris, there's just something insincere and smug about him that rubs me the wrong way and I think eventually Amy is going to be in for a world of hurt. On the other hand though she's very smart and hopefully she'll see through him.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
It's funny, I get the exact opposite impression of Chris. They've been dating for what is now about year and he's only been seen on-camera very rarely until recently. I thought it was interesting how Amy said how Matt can be very charming and she doesn't trust that. I also noticed that Caryn and Matt don't seem very affectionate on camera. They act more like friends than two people dating. Could be because of the dynamic of their relationship, but I just thought it was strange that they don't seem to show much affection.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm with NWB. I don't get any bad vibes from Chris either.

Oh, how I love little Jackson. What a perfect baby. He has landed in a wonderful home with a loving extended family.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Some people don't show affection publically. Can't hold that against them. Matt and Caryn have kissed on camera, but very sweetly.

Amy flirts with Chris- sits down and throws her feet onto his lap, she giggles and bats her eyes, grabs for his hand when they walk, buys sexy clothes for their sleep over date. Amy seems more into the giddy young love mode and nothing wrong with that.

I. Can. Not. See. Caryn. Do. All. That. On. Camera.

or Matt feeling comfortable.

Even Zach and Jeremy have talked about keeping that part of their life private.

We never see the boys head to the bedroom with their wives after polishing off a bottle(S) of wine. Amy seems very comfortable with her sexuality after divorce and that is great!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Amy's guy is a nice looking man who I hope will not hurt her, my concern a few weeks back was her coming off as a little needy.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I just watched the show this afternoon where baby Jackson was born. What a cutie, eh? I'm such a mushball I kinda watched this ep through tears.
Okay so I rethought my opinion of Chris although I have my reservations I will say that certainly Amy is very happy with him. I just hope he's sincere. Anyhow I was very impressed when Matt and Chris met and how they comported themselves in what could have been a super-awkward situation.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
It seems clear Matt had little involvement with his kids when they were small (I seem to recall both Zach & Jeremy saying their dad wasn't around much when they were little). When I was a nanny, I had a dad like this that was just waiting for the kids to get old enough to do the things he liked. In the interim, nannies & mom raised the kids with very little involvement from him. The fact Matt didn't have a clue as to what kind of toys to get for a little baby girl, even though he has Molly and the kinds of toys he got for Zach's son made it clear how much he was involved.
The more I see of Matt, the more I'm really understanding Amy's point of view. She seems to have built up some serious defenses when it comes to Matt. I'm thinking he has hurt her far more than any of us ever knew.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
There were enough faults on both ends for this marriage to crumble.

I remember Amy once said that when they got married she really didn't know him and it didn't take her long to realize they were totally different people. But yet they went on for at least 20 years. It's sad. Both were fairly miserable for 2 decades. What a waste.

I still don't know what happened that they finally divorced? The kids were older and they thought this was the best time? Did one or the other ask for the divorce?

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Matt asked for the divorce. Amy was pretty devastated by it. I think they realized the one thing keeping them together was no longer there...the kids. I hope, with time, they can both get to the point where they are comfortable with each other. I think the trust between them has been damaged.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I was hoping Matt and Amy came to the conclusion of divorce together.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I noticed Matt's ignorance of most things baby when he thought that old playpen was a crib. And no know his 50 year old crib would have the side slats too far apart. There was a law made several years ago narrowing that gap so a baby's body can't slide through potentially causing strangulation.

Plus, I pray all those shelves are anchored to the wall.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I was surprised too, the man's had four kids, he think he'd know better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Chris.

Your first relationships after divorce rarely lead to permanent ones, though it certainly happens.

Caryn and Matt is more complex, since she was his employee and still is.

Matt is so competitive.. He wanted to be first to hold Jackson before Amy, he wants his playroom to be the place to drop off grandkids.

He doesn't get that a newborn bangs out with mom and has little need for a pirate ship or a sandbox.
He even made a huge deal about the location of the sandbox so Amy wouldn't have her own closer to her.

Always a big production, starting Matt as the hero.

But they do seem to be getting along.

Jackson is as cute as he can be!!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Molly got married on the farm yesterday, Aug. 5th.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. I just saw a little blurb in People that called it "intimate" and on the farm.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Some Jeremy and Audrey news.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/little-people-big-worldsaudrey-roloff-celebrates-baby-shower-photo-w498557

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great article thanks for sharing I also read another article on one of the links after the article where Tori discussed the challenges of breastfeeding.