TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 22, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 16: Archive through August 22, 2017 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
}I have high hopes for this season. I was pretty impressed some of the designers during PR Road to the Runway last week. I also think they made some silly choices.

Love, love, love that they have models of many sizes this season! I did think the self congratulations they gave themselves for this was funny, they could and should have done so years ago.

I don't recall the designers names.

I liked the winning look despite my abhorrance of the color red. I didn't think many of them wear red carpet worthy but the only awards shows I watch are the Oscar's and usually the Emma's although I skipped the Emmy's last year and have no plans to watch this year as I don't care for many of the nominations. Anyway, I was surprised the camo top and pink skirt was in the top 3, I didn't think that designer was going to pull himself together.

The twins are a bit much for me and was glad to see, Chacha, I think his name was leave.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Is the show starting? I've been waiting for it but hadn't seen any news about it.

If so, Yay! Thanks, Sugar for letting us know. :-)

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I think I would have liked the twins better if they had been on separate seasons, thet're too much together. It's also kind of unfair to the others, they have a bond and will help each other through the emotional times being family.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes Grouch, the first episode was last night and PR Road to the Runway was last week.

Apologies for the typos and errors in my first post.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I found the twins to be very annoying. It was funny when they pointed out their habit of over enunciating words.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The twins are way overplaying to the cameras. They started annoying me as soon as the show started and they were "greeting" the other contestants as they came into the room.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
omg they cant go fast enough!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree about the twins.

There previews for this season certainly looked "dramatic" someone walking off again...

I like the model mirror. I hope we hear honest, constructive comments from them.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yea they are actually airing this in Canada!

I didn't mind the twins greeting people. Should they have just ignored them instead of introducing themselves?

It seems like these designers are a lot more advanced than in prior years. I was glad Brandon was able to pull it together, I thought he was going to walk out.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I find the twins annoying, however, I thought greeting/introducing themselves to people entering the room was polite, friendly and the correct thing to do.

Panda

07-15-2005

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Haha I thought the same about the twins!

I am glad Brandon pulled it together, too - I always wonder if they know they will have to design out of their element. I really liked the top he made for his model. She looked happy, too!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I love the "model mirror." I also like that they will get a new model each week. This will probably eliminate the "every day woman" challenge that they all whine about every season because God forbid they have to design for a woman who is a size 8.

Obviously, I expect people to greet the new designers as they walk into the room - more like "Hello, how are you?" Not - OMG - OMG - OMG!!! WE'RE SO GLAD TO MEET YOU- YES WE ARE TWINS!!!! They were just too much. They way overplayed to the camera.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, I also think the twins are very aware of the camera and will be camera hogs every chance they get to do so.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I liked that none of them freaked about the different sizes. IF I hear one more designer complain about designing for a "real woman" I'm gonna pull my hair out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well a couple did.. That guy who ended up in top three was freaked out about women in genersl, but more about size.. But he did pull it off, at least in the opinion of his model and the judges.

The woman who was bottom two created something dull and horrible for her plus size model.. And lied about the cover-up of a mistake.

Heidi caught that.!!

I love that we get to hear what the middle really think and since they will be switching models maybe the middle won't think they have to cover for someone.

ChaCha had to go! He was all about what HE thought was so cute! He should design for little girls, maybe.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
since that designer lied I thought she should have left even tho chacha was a mess

I wonder what the big cheat is that has Tim appalled later this season

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Yup, the lying girl should have left not only for Lynn no but construction and design.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was also surprised that they didn't boot the girl for lying.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Although I agree that the girl shouldn't have lied Chacha REALLY NEEDED TO GO. She can go next episode. She should have made a dress that actually fit her model also!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The lying girl should have gone before ChaCha.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I must have missed the lying. The only thing I remember her saying was it was to cover up her middle. It was ugly regardless of what that horrible lace was for.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Jasper, the designer lied when Heidi asked if she was covering up something. The woman emphatically told her no, the applique was part of her design. When the judges looked up close, sure enough, there was a huge ripped hole on the lower back being covered up by the black applique.

Personally, I would've tolerated ChaCha for one more week, even though I hated his aesthetic (and his lack of understanding body types & sizes). The one caught in a lie should've been an example and gone home.

The twins are very well aware of the cameras. They were on an MTV or VH1 show called Twinning. Think Real World where they all live together (and argue and get drunk and some hook-up and...) the twist was that each set of twins was split up in two houses with just a door separating them. It was a competition show, each set not physically with their twin but using their "twintuition" to win comps.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Agreed. They've kept designers who have had much worse designs than ChaCha. There is no excuse for lying or cheating. Either should be cause for getting the heave-ho.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My only counter to that is that they never showed the designer "covering something up" - which they usually do (although see my note about falling asleep below). She might have thought that maybe the seam splitting might have been a possibility so she put that ugly applique on it (but she already had put it on the front), or she might have known it split and did it...or else I fell asleep when that actually happened!

What's the difference between covering up an error with an ugly applique and sewing someone into a dress because the zipper splits or you ran out of time - I never see people getting called out on that but it happens often.

At any rate it has put a huge target on her and if she falters again they will show her the walk of shame.

I couldn't believe it when ChaCha made the show - I thought it was a stunt casting because he was ridiculous.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I think they always put in 1 or 2 easy outs.