TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 14, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : Archive through July 14, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Potomac is actually pretty good. It really grew on me by the end of its first season. They aren't really hateful, mean and vile like they are on ATL and NJ. (I don't know if you heard, but there was a huge fight at the Posche Fashion Show this week involving Kim D., Tre, and Melissa. Danielle Staub, who is now a cast member this season, was there but wasn't involved in the fight.)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I loved the scene with Avery telling her mother like it is.
Imo Ramona has a whiff of desperation about her that is not attractive. She looks great and should just relax and stop with the theatrics. The whole thing with Bethany is ridiculous. Ramona is wrong and as usual just can't sincerely accept that.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I'm of the belief that she is on something.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
And you see Ramona getting "validation " from Andy Cohen (Watch What Happens live) so I believe she gets validation, prodding from production, but, like they say, it's still "you", they can't make you do stuff, but desperate people ...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
FYI, if you are wondering why you don't see the HW hawking their products, advertisers complained to Bravo that they were spending an exorbitant amount of money to the network for advertisements and the HW were hawking for free. (Who can ever forget Bethenny laying in bed for three days in Miami with a bottle of Skinnygirl in every shot?). Also, a lot of fans complained that last season was one long Skinnygirl commercial because it was in Every. Single. Scene.

The advertisers felt that NY was the biggest offender with Skinnygirl this and Skinnygirl that, Ramona's Pinot Grigio and hair extensions, Sonja and Luann pushing their clothing lines, Carole pushing Adam's recipe book, etc.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Whatever happened with the cookbook? I haven't seen it mentioned on the show and I figured they just gave up on it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The cookbook was last season. I don't know whether or not it is still a "thing," but if it is they can't talk about it this season.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
They couldn't agree on a 'formula' for the proposal and gave up, I believe. Adam had his way of wanting it to be written and Carole believed it needed to only have 'one voice' to it.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Anyone else notice how Ramona expects her friends to wait on her......get me a glass of wine, bring me some water, I should have gotten the better room, ect?

She looks like a real pain to be around and a hateful drunk.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chieko, she is always like that. Look at what she did to the Berkshire house....who rips things off the walls!

She is not a good friend at all, to anyone. I mean, seriously, she gets along better with her daughters friends, she is very immature. I wonder what stunted her growth since she seems to be stuck in her late teens/early twenties.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I have wanted Ramona gone for a very long time; her voice just annoys me.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
The Dinner....
talks about anal sex at dinner with the kitchen staff and waiters listening?
Sonja tries to french kiss a waiter?
Ramona does not think oral sex is sex?
The blonde chicka needs to grow up...geeze
Dorinda..you are dropping down on my list...

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Sonja tries to french kiss a waiter?

That bothered me the most. If a man would have done that we would be outraged. It was rude and unacceptable. It was sexual harassment, plain and simple.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Chieko - Totally agree.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Right, Terolyn, and you could tell he hated it and was embarrassed. These women seem to think very highly of themselves and can't imagine all men aren't crazy about them. To be honest, none of their gentlemen friends have impressed me at all.

PS Bobby Zarin seems kind and Mario didn't seem too bad until we found out he was a cheater.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is this trauma that Tinsley has suffered? Just getting arrested in Palm Beach, or was there more to it? I have been confused about what was so traumatic for her.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ramona is such a mouthy, mouth person. She inserts herself into a trip where the host does not want to include her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Xain‏ @xain4671 12m12 minutes ago
More
Is this the first time its been acknowledged on camera that the "host" of a "trip" has no control over who goes? #RHONY

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
All cast members are bound by contract to go on "official" cast trips. If this was a trip that Bethenny was paying for and/or the HW were paying out of their own pockets for airfare and lodging, then Bethenny would have say-so whether or not Ramona goes. If Bravo is paying for everything, under most circumstances Bethenny wouldn't have any say-so over Ramona (except for the fact that she's an "uncredited producer" and thinks she does have say-so). These cast trips are arranged by Bravo months in advance (and a "host" is appointed).

Because Bethenny is an "uncredited producer" on the show, that is why you see so much ass-kissing because she calls the shots as to who gets to come back the following year. She actually had to the gall to give an interview this week saying she wished there was more diversity on the show. She got slammed by viewers (and rightfully so) because last year Jules, who is Japanese and Jewish, was run off the show by Bethenny because the viewers liked that Jules would clap back at Bethenny and not take her crap.

You will also note that you never really see anyone saying anything bad about Bethenny in their confessionals because she has all that cut out on the editing room floor. For this I blame Andy Cohen because Bethenny and Carole are his BFFs so he pretty much lets Bethenny call the shots on this franchise (and that's why Carole - the most boring HW ever still has a job).

Bringing TBF back was the biggest mistake Andy did.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I never really cared much for Ramona although she was always good for a laugh...at her.

Last night when she talked about her 30 yr marriage ending....feels like her legs and arms were cur off- I actually felt sorry for her. Very sad.

When the divorce was first announced I wondered what took him so long. Ramona is a difficult person to like let alone to live with. She has all sorts of social issues. She doesn't understand how abrasive and obnoxious she comes off as.

Regardless my heart goes out to her.

My advise to her would be leave the show. Stay away from the 20 something year old lifestyle. Do volunteer work, become active in the community, join meaningful groups...she will most likely meet a nice guy. That is what she wants- not to be alone.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I gave up on RHONY years ago, but I'd thought I would pass on that Ramona is going to be on Andy's reboot of Love Connection tonight.

She's such a fan favorite.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What fans! children?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Where to start? I didn't feel sorry for Ramona. I felt like I had missed half a conversation for her to suddenly spit out about her 30 yr marriage. It seemed disingenuous and solely said to demean Bethany. It was very out of left field. She just starts screeching and it doesn't make much sense.

The whole scene with Sonja at Romeo and Juliet and the owner staying in the room was just gross and creepy.

Ramona and Sonja most notably have no boundaries. they seem to say things that they think will shock people and it makes them cute somehow. It just makes them seem sad and a little desperate.

Carole might not be as out there as the others but I like her. She is a voice of reason most times and I like checking in and seeing all the Babies. Although I though she called one of the cats Bella.

I'm not clear on Tinsley's trauma either. But I'd certainly hightail it out of Sonja's too. She does seem to want to be looked after, Scott should run quickly away.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lol Dipo. I was being sarcastic about fan favorite.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, good, Rieann, I was sort of being sarcastic myself, hahahahaha.

So what is the deal with Dorinda, is she constantly smashed or just the ditsiest person on the planet. She leaves her suitcase at home and drives to the ski place; and now forgets to pack bathing suits for a trip to Mexico.

Ramona could use some serious counseling to deal with her insecurity, that is the only thing I can attribute her behavior to, her 30 year marriage failed, she was humiliated in that all her social circle knew her husband was cheating and didn't tell her, so she just needs to stay drunk to push down the pain.

I can't even imagine going out to dinner every night and having several glasses of wine, at her age! I am at a similar age and I would be exhausted if I did that, but then again her face when she was attacking Bethanny at dinner was starting to show all the booze.

The whole show seemed like a train wreck and I think it is really sad that the "host" can't pick the attendees. Didn't Dorinda get to leave someone out on one of her Christmas things, and Luann didn't invite everyone to the wedding so I think the host should get to choose and let the chips fall where they may.

Maybe then some of these women would learn some manners.