TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through April 03, 2017 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
time to enter to get your HGTV dream house In Raleigh NC.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Found another article about the Love it or List it lawsuit. This one says the couple were going to move into the house after the renovations. Also says that several of the subcontractors on the show were actors and not licensed for the jobs.

Wonder when they started filming in the US? I tend to fast forward a lot of the drama and just focus on the end result so never noticed the change of locale.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Rissa, this article appeared May 29, 2015 and it says that the show had been in production for 26 episodes there since the previous Fall.

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/home-garden/article22507089.html

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Wow, so almost 2 years at this time. Shows how little attention I pay to the tv, gotta wonder why I bother turning it on most days. Lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The lawsuit indicates it was the family that was going to have foster children and they chose to list it. Since when do landlords let renters renovate their properties? So odd.

Oh I read the second article, it was one of the homeowners rental properties that they were going to move into with the "new foster children".

Sounds like they wanted to redevelop a rental into a group home to me.

Hope it gets thrown out, the final product looked good to me. And as I said, they chose to list it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So sorry to hear this about Tarek and Christina. Hubby and I love this show and their family. Never saw it coming.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/flip-or-flop-stars-split-after-explosive-fight-150441540.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You know, I was wondering if his thyroid issues may have contributed to this. Having had thyroid issues for a number of years, I find that my emotions can be all over the place sometimes... it really was apparent when the doctors were trying to figure out the dosage of medication I needed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have always found this couple (especially her) annoying and grating. I don't understand how something like that could have happened six months ago and it was kept completely out of the news and the tabloids.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Oh, I don't know which I find more annoying. They're both yuck to me and I hate their flips. They always look cheap, especially when they pretend they're going luxe.

I'm sorry for their marital issues, however. Their daughter is adorable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Tarek and Christina! They are SoCal for sure, so not everyone's cup of tea. I think their designs are beautiful. Don't always agree with all their choices, but everyone has different taste.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Lexiegirl, I felt the same way, always change the channel when they come on.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sitting next to Lexie and Tish

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Give me Chip and Joanna Gaines any day over Tarek and Christina. Sorry they have marital issues that were fortunately kept private for some time which is incredible in this day/age.
Now I am curious to go back and listen to her voice as I don't generally give their show much of my time yet I love HGTV.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
House hunters....she doesn't like the length of the driveway, Good Lord! Give me a break, that's important, LMAO....I don't think so.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Mom watched House Hunters with me a couple of times and was less than impressed with some of the "spoiled attitudes"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I wonder if these people have ever lived with open concept, or if they just want it because everyone says it's great.

I have open concept and live alone with a couple of cats, and there are times I wish I could just shut the door on the kitchen and I know it's my mess but still, sometimes it is nice to just ignore it.

I think once people live with open concept that they start to understand the maybe it should be partially open concept, not the entire first floor.

Before you know it these homeowners will want open bathrooms so they can watch their kids bathe while they are making dinner, hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I know Lyn. I am mind boggled at some of the requirements of the spoiled buyers.

It is really fun to watch the international shows and see that smaller is not bad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I am loving this guy saying that a formal dining room is a waste of space. He says, there are two of us and a dog, we don't need a formal dining room.....AMEN.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Exactly! We had one growing up and the only time we ever used the formal dining room was during the holidays. We were more of a "kitchen table" family. I can't imagine eating grilled cheese and burgers at a formal table. lol

Actually, now that my own kids are grown and it's just me and the cat, we eat in the living room. Oh gosh, am I the cat lady????

Ok pet peeve: The term "mancave" and the saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Despise the open floor plan. Love my dining room. I think mancaves are stupid but a jewelry/craft room for me is an excellent idea.
Dream of building a nice probably bigger than we need ranch house.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I love my 'formal' dining room. It's not so much formal as just pretty. It has some furniture handed down to me by my grandmother. But the main thing is the table is big. Anytime we have more than 4 people we sit there. I have so many wonderful memories of family, friends and laughter around that table!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I put the large dining table in the kitchen & now have a large living room with an office in the corner with the best view. Never understood why people needed a kitchenette.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I also dislike that "happy wife, happy life" phrase... etc

I love that Texannie,I can just imagine the memories of love and laughter. Our dining rooms have always been alongside the kitchen, but I don't know...

I'm enjoying the British Version of House Hunters, called Escape to the Country..(its on netflix, just one season done in 2015). only so far no one has purchased one of the 3 homes! I like that part the "update" 3 months (or less, or more) later here we are enjoying this home...

Critter59

07-18-2012

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Critter59 a private message Print Post    
I heard that Trading Places will be coming back to TLC.