TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : Archive through May 05, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
According to Lu, the wedding is still on.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Yep, everything I've seen (Bravotv.com, etc) states the wedding is still on for New Year's. Bethany is most definitely NOT invited, per LuAnn since she thinks it was so wrong of Bethany to research/know the answers to the questions of where, who, when, etc concerning the pics of Tom.

Speaking from experience, the person who has the bad news usually loses the most. I told my best friend about her husbands 'issues' and lost the friendship with her. With Lu and Bethany, I think they'll be okay without each other.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the reunion Part 1 last night? I cannot see how after the reunion show Bethany and LuAnn will ever make up to be even acquaintances.

Carol's choice of outfits/makeup/hair was strange to me.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Carols choices were interesting but I thought they kind of worked on her.

The reunion was a bit of a bore, I thought.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, September 02, 2016 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
they sure are hyping up the "3 part" reunion - both on Bravo and in the tabloid media :-)

Take it for what you will with Bethany, i think at least she is honest - or is a great actor in playing that honest kind of person even if it draws blood.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Friday, September 02, 2016 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I saw a headline somewhere about Carole's dress matching Jill's bridesmaid dress in the season finale of Odd Mom Out.

Here's a link.

As I see it in full, aside from the high frill neck, and long sleeves it's not that similar, but it's still funny, in my opinion.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Friday, September 02, 2016 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I thought Carole's dress was the results of a low talker, and she agreed to wear a dress she didn't know she agreed to. (You have to be a Seinfeld fan to understand- pirate puffy shirt) 😃
She was fine...I like Carole.

Glad Bethenny had proof of her dating. With that and Lu and Romona's thing with the press- it justs shows you can't trust what's in those rag mags and newspapers. Today people are really cruel on social media, really cruel. I would rather hear it from the person themselves.

Legal-I agree. Bethenny shows remorse if she is too tough on someone. That's a good thing. She's a liitle too honest at times, but like she said- she could choose different words.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, September 02, 2016 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
OMG Scotchbright, they are more similar than you would think. The ruffles,the same color family and even similar length long necklaces and the hair dos are very similar. It is funny in kind of a shocking way.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I can't believe that all but Jules called out dorinda on doing cocaine. That was pretty shocking to me.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lurkin, I just finished watching Watch What Happens: Live and Bethenny said there was more still more 'snow' in NY than anywhere else in the States.

I don't always watch WWHL, but last night's episode was hysterical. Michael Rappaport was on with Bethenny and he's really a HW fan. It was entertaining.

During last's night reunion, I couldn't believe LuAnn had the balls to say one the other women was delusional...what? They need to play her saying that on a loop as her so-called fiancé is shown dating and cheating. She's crazy or desperate; can't decide which right now.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Here's a great snarky recap of last night's reunion:

Reunion - Part 2 recap

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 09, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Andy Cohen gets "dragged" (and rightfully so) on Twitter:

Andy Gets Dragged on Twitter

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the snarky recap, Lexie_girl. Very funny.

"Moving along, Luann has gone mad. This is your brain on Bravo.

How vey true! These women have been Bravo'd.

I read yesterday that Jules will not be back next season. Guess she's had enough. She is looking better. Hope she makes it through the divorce okay.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jules looked great at the reunion. You could tell she put on some weight - her face looked like it was "filling out."

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I watched the season premiere last night (off the dvr) - so far it's 'eh'.

There's stuff with Bethany's Tribeca apt. selling for list price - in cash; Sonia discussing possibly selling her house/condo; Ramona remodeling her apt; Carole fostering kittens with her dog and live in boyfriend Adam and discussing Trump - a lot; and the Dorinda and LuAnn with LuAnn's wedding and issues with the girls.

Vulture's recap of the premiere:

Vulture Link

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I agree with your assessment. Just meh.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I seriously don't know why I continue to watch - I've already completely stopped watching NJ, Atlanta, etc, all but BH and NY - it's always just arguments and rehashing of arguments. Bethenny is still mad at Ramona, this time for asking how Bethenny's daughter is 'handling' Bethenny's past topless tv movie while Dorinda and Luann are still upset with Sonja for saying anything and everything about Luann's upcoming wedding/marriage to Tom to the press.

Carole held an election night party that looked miserable from the time it started until it (thankfully) ended. Carole was in shock with the results.

Dorinda threw a surprise party for Ramona's 60th birthday (I slipped and typed 650th birthday - lol!) but Ramona was almost a no show because she wasn't that interested in the (fake) party Dorinda was having and had set up a date for the same night. Carole had accidentally let the 'surprise' part of the party slip to Ramona, but Ramona wasn't listening (big surprise) and didn't catch the slip for what it really was. I felt really bad for her date that showed up after she called him to let him know she wouldn't be meeting him at their meetup spot - he was nice to come to the party but Ramona totally ignored him after he got there (from what we were shown, at least).

Overall the episode was again only 'meh'...I've heard the ratings for NY are bad, and this episode and so many like it before could be why. :-(

Link to a sysnopis with snark: Vulture recap by Brian Moylan

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I hear you Scotchbright, I can't explain it either but NY for some reason is my favourite even while I hate it. I dumped Atlanta, I just find them all really vulgar, more than any of the others. I also dropped NJ. I do watch the OC and BH.

Thanks for the link, I get a chuckle with his blog.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I can't decide which of the two, Atlanta or OC, is the more vulgar. They both set the bar pretty low.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
True Grooch, I think it's been such a long time I'd forgotten Vickie and the other blonde, her name escapes me, and their carrying on. Atlanta is a little more fresh and I only watched a couple of eps this season, it seems like it has been on for the last 6 months though

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm going to say that ATL is the most vulgar of all the HW shows.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I second Lexi on ATL being the most vulgar. And there reunion styles and fashion are also the most vulgar. I guess it was all about empathizing humongous breast this year. All these giant breasts coming at you !

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Third, how do they make them bigger every year! And why can't they get a stylist with some taste to dress them.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
my pvr recorded one of the reunion eps as the guide was wrong and, I'm no prude but whoa, they seem to forget the are on tv. They were acting pretty gross, delete, glad I had dumped it.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I forgot, I also watch OC - but I totally agree with all the posts about Atlanta and NJ. I couldn't handle the yelling and constant bickering. I tried watching Real Housewives of Melbourne - I liked the 1st season but couldn't tolerate the 2nd. I also stopped watching Miami - never watched DC, Potomac or Dallas.

Jasper - I'm glad you enjoy Brian Moylan's recaps too. It took a bit for me to get his snark (especially the last paragraphs of each NY post) but he's fun.