TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: World of Dance: Archive through June 08, 2017 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
New show starts tonight after AGT. Judges are Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough, and Ne-Yo.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so upset its on at 10pm...this is a show families could watch, it should be on at 8. I will rarely ever get to watch it live

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It's dance, but some of these shows are lame even if it is for prize of $1,000,000. Contestants are given scores of 1 - 100 by each of the three judges. Have to get a total score of at least ?? (I don't remember the number) to go on to next round. With such a possible wide range of scores, could be one number low and not go on. Wish Derek had not gotten himself into this. Not impressed with his choice of being a part of it.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
The minimum score to continue is 80

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So how was the show? Was it good?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So, yes, how was the show? IS it worth tuning into? I'm not a big JLo fan.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did watch.. I found it sort of strange.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I liked the show. All the acts have been invited. Some have been on other shows. They only showed on act last night that didn't get the baseline 80 score but I imagine there may have been more that just didn't get air time. I like it for the fact that there are a variety of styles of dance. It's a nice change from the other dance shows out there.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I started watching it but kind of was confused because when did they explain the criteria for whether an act goes on or not? I watched Les Twins, the Cloggers and then the married couple and then I changed over to something else...perhaps will watch my recording later. There didn't appear to be any introductions (I didn't know that was Jenna Dewan Tatum until I read a review this morning) and no explanation. If she is the hostess then she's not Cat from SYTYCD!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Don't think Derek did himself any favors getting mixed up in this.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched the first dance and then turned it off.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, invited, like some of Jennifer's backup dancers.. Favored? I just found it off and despite them gushing over a scoring system, pretty subjective.

Also it felt like there wasn't room to really move.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched it and enjoyed it. Some of those dancers were extremely talented. Especially the two Latin dancers and the little 11 year old girl at the end. It was fun.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I will watch anything dance, this was just ok for me but I will still watch. Some thoughts

First Act SuperCrew was one America's Best Dance Crew, I think they won. The second act the girl was on the junior So You Think You Can Dance. Kinjaz also on ABDC, dont think they won.

I think the young salsa dancers auditioned for sytycd, one of them may have made it on the show but neither is that memorable.

Little girl Diana I'm pretty sure was on the junior So You Think You Can Dance. I think she wsas the one that was so upset she couldnt even be on stage when she eliminated.

I also see on upcoming episodes they have Fikshun, who won So You Think You Can Dance. I see the most famous winners of ABDC, the Jabbawockeez, who actually have a show in Vegas that's been there for years.

I would have felt better if they were more up front about the contestants past dance show appearances and if they won or not.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
You want a talent to be upfront where they got their talent? I don't think it is in the job description. Thank you for imparting all your knowledge. I like to know where they have been before.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
no, I want the show to say up next is the Jabbawokees, they won ABDC, have a show in Vegas and are amazing dancers....

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of agree Pamy. I felt the same way last night - I was watching Food Network Star and they had a man on who had won one of the baking competitions and it was not mentioned (although I am sure it will come up at some point in the future). It just seems that it would be more authentic if their past efforts were mentioned up front.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Especially since this show is about talented dancers. You expect them to have a resume.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You want to know how they were recruited.

As for scoring, each judge scores on a list of qualities and they average score has to be over 90, as I remember.

One of those scoring systems that presents as objective, but seems as subjective as the old scoring for figure skating or gymnastics.

While I was watching CNN after the terror attacks in London, there was a young couple interviewed .. They were staying in an Air BNB apartment near the bridge and were looking out the window and police ordered them to evacuate. The quickly got dressed, but all their stuff was still in the apartment and they were cordoned off from going back.

They were to fly back to the U.S. in the morning. They said some people left in pajamas. The next day I saw when a group was allowed to return and indeed some were wearing PJs.

Anyway, the couple said they were there in conjunction with World of Dance and mentioned Jennifer Lopez.

Not sure if they were recruiting, or scouting or what..

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, right now the score has to be over 80 to get to the next round although it will probably go higher in the next round.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, the couple was also interviewed on Fox News. I was wondering if there was going to be a live final or what. They mentioned that they were dancers from Canada.They could have been using them as scouts for next season since Great Britain has many excellent dancers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah.. seemed like a nice couple. They weren't are what to do so the interviewer told them to go on Twitter, as people were offering places to stay.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think the couple from Canada who danced this week was the couple interviewed in London.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. I didn't watch. Just glad they were safe in that location in London.