TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 14, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 14, 2017 users admin

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
maybe so, I'm not disagreeing with you just saying it does not necessarily mean its so.

I used to work for a law firm, on the accounting side, Mr. Graham worked 60+ hours a week and he was 75. Mr. Albertson "junior partner"(LOL) was 63 and worked about the same. They never stopped and they lost some young talent along the way because the only way they would ever retire is if they were carried out in a box.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Who's to say there isn't an entirely different reason for him not to go? Maybe being around loud venues hurts his ears? Or around big crowds give him anxiety? It doesn't matter to me whether he is there or not. <77 - continuity> is just another way to put her down for marrying an older man, because we all know that only floozies do that. Oh yeah, except Lisa Vanderpump.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, Lexiegirl, I hadn't heard about the canoodling, LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Two of my attorneys are in their 60s and are slowly being phased out towards retirement. They will never be forced out (unlike some firms I know of in New Orleans that do force out), but right now one of my senior shareholders only works 1-2 days a week for a couple of hours. My point was there is no reason why he can't be at DWTS supporting his wife. When you're the boss, you can do whatever you want. He could be there if he wanted to.

Dipo, it was reported a few weeks back that Tom was spotted canoodling with another young hot blonde at the Polo Lounge in BH.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I truly don't understand the animosity towards Erika. She strikes me as incredibly poised and intelligent along with cutting through the hypocritical BS so many of the other housewives love to spew. I think she's dealt with a lot of jealousy from women her entire life, which is probably why she is slow to befriend women. Women can be so cruel. The comments sure haven't been very kind at times and I don't really understand that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
NWBlonde, one of the reasons I dislike Erika so much (and there are many) is she uses her son's career as a police officer to get sympathy from the other women, but then she immediately shuts the conversation down because she doesn't want it discussed that she abandoned him when he was three-years-old.

She has zero personality and absolutely no sense of humor. You never see her laugh or cut-up.
In fact, when they were at the animal shelter in HK, she was totally indifferent to the puppies and she sat there bored wearing her sunglasses indoors. The way people treat animals tells me a lot about that person. She's not a nice person - At. All.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I'm calling B.S. that it is hard for her to get close to other women. She's 45-years-old. Time to grow the hell up. (She has no problem getting "close" to her soldiers, Rinna and Eileen - especially with Eileen getting her on Y&R)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm on the couch with Lexie. I absolutely detest Erika. I think she's as phony as a $3 bill and as cold as an iceberg. She is all about Erika, and that's why she loves ED and Rinna, cause they kiss her feet. They don't seem to be equals in her life, they are acolytes worshiping at her altar. Dorit and PK have tried to apologize to her a million times, and she just sits on the couch across from PK with her snotty nose in the air. She looked like she was going, "La la la, can't hear you" in her head the whole time. I despise her.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
We all get vibes from people. Some we gel with, others we don't. I would probably be a little standoffish from Dorit & Eden as well.

It always just makes me crazy that they are all expected to be friends on all these shows. Any group of women are going to have some that don't feel it with each other. TPTB need to just let them be, quit trying to force them.

As for the son, I don't see how she uses him considering I had never heard about him being a police officer until they were in HK. If she talked about it constantly I could see that accusation, but if Eileen hadn't brought him up, I doubt we would have heard about it then either.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Just like all of these individuals, we the viewers know very little about their lives as a whole. Whatever you read in the tabloids doesn't make it fact. Her son lives with her, so whatever issues she may have had to deal with when he was small clearly have no bearing now. I like her. I don't expect anyone to share my views, but the vehemence in the dislike of her seems a bit over the top IMHO.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Agree NWB.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I like her.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I like Erica.

It was pretty funny when they outed Dorit's fake accent by showing a video of her from 2013 talking without any accent at all.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Couldn't agree more, NWB. Nobody here knows these housewives and for anyone to speak as if they know them, and to speak as if what they think they know is the truth, well, I’ll keep those thoughts to myself.

I agree again, NWB, that I can’t wrap my mind around the vehement animosity displayed here towards Erika, or any of the housewives in any of the franchises. <77>

I enjoy RHOBH, and I like some housewives more than others, but I don't care enough about these women to research their pasts and check websites or tabloids for gossip. I have a life and they aren't part of it. Don't know them, will never know them. They’re strictly entertainment for an hour a week.

06-29-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Several posts have been moderated. Name calling or the use of derogatory nicknames is against the TVCH rules.

However, please remember that while name calling is not allowed, people are allowed to criticize and speculate about public figures.

Additionally, posting complaints about other Posters is against the rules. Please address any concerns about rule violations via a PM or email to the Moderators.

Thank you.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Erika is the kind of woman who gets flack from other women due to her appearance, let's be real here.I find her honest candor to be refreshing and I get why she is careful about who she "let's in".
Did not know her son lived with them and her hubby is likely watching from home deep in a club chair with an expensive bottle of brandy.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I just thought about something regarding why Erika's husband does not attend the shows. The shows are taped around 2:30 to 3:00 in the afternoon. Prime working hours.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Terolyn, Tom is 77-years-old and the boss. He can leave early one day a week to attend the show.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
well, to each his own.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
I like Erika. I like Kyle, Eileen and I even usually like Rinna. Don't care for Eden, Kim, Dorit and especially PK. I generally like LVP, but I think she's shown a not so nice side of herself the last couple of seasons.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Poor Eden is way too needy for my tastes. It was kind of sad when she insisted on buying that ring for Erika in Hong Kong. She just seems to want them all to like her. She might not have gotten enough love growing up. It sounds like her parents had issues. I feel kind of bad for her.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I used to like Erika, but not anymore. She dishes it out, but can't take it, much like Rinna.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I don't dislike Eden but I don't think this show is the right fit for her. She strikes me as very "socially awkward."

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I love Erika. I think it's hard to get her and where she comes from. She is very sensitive on the inside and has a very hard shell. She doesn't trust easily. Don't we all have baggage and idiosyncrasies that others may not like? My outside shell is not as hard as Erika's but I identify with what she is sharing about her childhood and why she is the way that she is.

I also like LVP and actually think the two of them are very similar with how sensitive they are on the inside and tough on the outside.

Kyle remains my favorite, I think I would definitely have the most fun with her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
BJM, I don't dislike Eden but I don't think this show is the right fit for her. She strikes me as very "socially awkward."

Exactly, Lexie! It's very uncomfortable every time she's on screen. She has no boundaries (ie. digging around in Kim's sobriety) and she's just so needy. She just doesn't fit in with this crowd.