TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Spring Baking Championship - Sunday 9pm - FoodTV: Archive through April 04, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My dad is almost 90 years old and he's still Bobby. Perhaps it's a Southern thing?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought Jesse Palmer did a good job hosting... I really like the tall guy, don't know names yet.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Now I love me many a baking show but if I see one more baker blow glitter on food I may run screaming into the cold dark night! Or taste food using fingers or the same spoon. Uber gross. I remember Maeve blowing glitter on a Holiday Baking episode and someone recently on Baker vs Fakers.

I am not impressed to date with this seasons Spring Baking Championship. Things have been rather sloppy and lackluster. I hope it gets better soon. Still curious as to why Bobby Deen is missing. If someone had to go, I'd have rather lost Nancy as long as they don't use Buddy as a replacement. I like Lorraine & Duff.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Doesn't Bobby have a show on Cooking Channel? Maybe it interfered with production.

I hear you Sugar, it's like blowing out candles. yes I now want to eat the cake you have spit all over. Thanks. With the spoons you usually see them put it into some container or other but if that's just water then it's not getting very clean is it. The baking ones lately you see they are using plastic spoons so I assume they have a supply at the ready.

I thought Jesse did well also. Although I did think it started abruptly.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I get the sloppy and lackluster comment... I blame it on the unrealistic time constraints they put on the contestants and the fact they're not used to baking under those conditions. That is one thing that annoys me about these types of competitions... it leads to shoddy/sloppy work.

Sugar, just got to say... I saw your post in the cookie or baked goods thread (whatever it's called) where you posted several pictures of the 400 cookies you baked last year... Amazing!! and they were beautiful!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Cass_cat. Earlier I posted on my partially successful St. Patrick's Day treats.

I agree whole heartedly about the silly time constraints. The recipe is for failure. Let's say it takes 10-15 minutes to make your cake batter. Bake time 25-30 minutes, to completely cool is generally an hour. Allow a very short 20 minutes to decorate. That is 115 minutes at the low end. Of course they never allow enough cool down time. That's just for a basic cake. They add a twist, another element or bake. I think they usually have 70 minutes, just not enough time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ok, what is with the host, his white suit looked like it didn't fit him properly...or is that just me. I couldn't figure out what was wrong but it was wrong.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
It looked a little tight... but that's the style with suits, very slim fitting. However I think it could have been tailored better for Jesse.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
where doI know Heather from? the annoying woman who was eliminated. I swear I saw her on some other show, I know they all pick from the same pool, but it was odd how familiar I felt she was. .

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
https://www.cakedollarizona.com/about
Heather Walker

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought the 5 minute advantage was rather lame. I recall a 10 minute advantage in the last holiday championship, which is a bit better. I guess it is twice as good.
What is with the bourbon in each of these baking championship seasons? Is it just because I don't care for bourbon or is it really overused. I don't think I have ever had a dessert with bourbon.
Still jot terribly impressed with any of the bakes we have seen. Maybe next week.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sugar... did you watch Season 2 of the Spring Baking Championship? Jane was quite boozy in a lot of her creations... creating a butterscotch using scotch. Towards the end I was thinking she may have a drinking problem. She even said she has a group of friends that call themselves WWGTTSPWD... women who get together to solve problems while drinking.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's for Nancy, she loves bourbon. And it did tie into the derby.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes Cass_cat, I remember lots of bourbon being used in prior baking championship seasons. Maybe they need to cast people who don't live in Kentucky, lol.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Nooooo, not Fausto! He was my fav.
My recording stopped before he walked out, any chance they said "April Fool" you get to stay?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I really liked Fausto too. Keep wondering if his students keep asking about his tattoos since they had no idea he had any.

Right now, the strongest baker is Adam, the really tall guy.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They should have kept, tasty weird looking but COOKED, over raw dough imo. Although Fausto did seem stressed and teary a lot. So it may be better for him to leave.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought so too Jasper, raw seems the more egregious error.

Wouldn't you love a "Turn the Tables" episode? Give Nancy, Duff & Lorraine 70 minutes to make something, throw in a twist and let the contestants rate the bakes, high score wins.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Fantastic idea!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It seems like this season is flying by quickly, I think we are down to 4 contestants so probably only 2 shows left. I guess maybe Adam for the win.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Adam has been the most consistent all season... Jordan is starting to gain traction. The last woman standing just isn't consistent enough, nor do I think she has the creativity that Adam and Jordan have exhibited so far.

Would love a Turn the Tables challenge... they're so quick to coulda-shoulda to the bakers...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Two shows left and they are both on next week.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Can we eliminate Nancy rather than a contestant please?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
lol, I do like the panel of judges though. I think they work well together.

I think we only have one show next week so I'll have to avoid the thread

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My DVR shows them as two shows, with the finale right after. Four contestants, then the 3 "finalists."

I like Nancy. Most of the time. :-)

I miss Bobby though. The new host is okay.