TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 28, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 24: Archive through March 28, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure.

I do think there are "stars" who go on DWTS and do want to enlist or inflame or whatever those in the "public" or social media..

But this guy doesn't seem the least bit this way. I found him likeable in his intro. Not one of the best dancers (at this early stage) but certainly one of the likeable ones.

And Sharna also.. NOT one of the pros who I've ever seen get involved in drama.. no pouting or flouting rules etc..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Totally forgot to mention how sweet and touching it was that they had a star on the dance floor in memory of Florence Henderson. I hope that's going to be a permanent fixture.

http://www.eonline.com/news/837785/carrie-ann-inaba-pays-tribute-to-my-favorite-person-florence-henderson-on-dancing-with-the-stars-set

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a nice tribute. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The camera zoomed in on it right at the end of the show. I went, "Awwwwww," and immediately teared up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, this may be the funniest thing you'll read all day. William Shatner has gone on a Twitter tirade regarding Nick Viall. Evidently, The Shat is a huge fan of The Bachelor franchise and DWTS.

Captain Kirk wants Nick Viall eliminated from DWTS

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
At times I find him annoying but most of the time (like this one) Shatner just makes me laugh. He's a real character and it seems he's squeezing everything he can get out of life. Too funny!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I dind't start watching DWTS until Lisa Vanderpump's season. Was The Shat on an earlier season of DWTS? I think it is hilarious that he is this invested in Bachelor Nation and DWTS.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL ... no mercifully he was never on DWTS. But I agree he is hilarious. He is enjoying his life.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Shatner!!! He's definitely a character. My brother and I used to watch Star Trek every Friday night, while my parents went out. What a show that was!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bonner-bolton-and-sharna-burgess-spotted-flirting-on-possible-date-at-country-bar-21699m.php

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sounds like they might have been filming a segment for the show:

"It reportedly appeared cameras were rolling on Sharna and Bonner for a Dancing with the Stars segment, but they still seemed to be in a world of their own."

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No Maks tonight. Calf injury during rehearsal on Friday.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nooooooo! Oh, well. His partner is Heather (thanks again for the visual about, Jimmer! I never could've remembered that without it!). She'll be fine whoever she dances with.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yikes! That is early in the season for injury, which means no one of the pros in the season can step in.

But I agree, probably she will be fine and it may bring more of her fans to vote.

I would think having a new baby is one factor.. Just a bit less time for maintaining fitness. Maks is incredibly fit, but I am sure he works hard to maintain that.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Chris/Whitney and Charo/Keo in jeopardy.
Chris/Whitney eliminated.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Was Chris trying for sympathy votes if he had made it through tonight or just explanation of why he's so stiff?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think I heard Chris say after he was eliminated "I should have mentioned my surgery earlier".

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I only saw a bit of the show and Nick didn't get good scores.

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
So Nancy Kerrigan sure has self esteem issues. And then Charo... she can leave soon! She seems to think it is her show. The judges seemed to like her (not her dancing so much but her) but I didnt like the way she took control of the mic. and when she told Len he had to go to school to earn English.

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Nick was not good. I think he actually danced better on the streets of New Orleans than he has in the ballroom ... I agreed with the comment that he was skipping around. .. His Foxtrot looked more like Danny chasing Sandy in Grease.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I only caught the 2nd half tonight but thought Simone, Rashad and Normani all did great.

Kattan did very little and I had to laugh when it was choreographed for two backup dancers to lift him back up at one point.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The choreography for Nick was sort of Skippy..

Yes, Chris basically bemoaned the fact that there are sympathy votes so they made sure tonight to show his back xray.. which certainly does look super drastic. It does explain why he is so stiff.

And to be fair, they brought up the Nancy Kerrigan leg smash the very first night.

But still.

And I certainly won't mind seeing Charo voted out.. wow is she being obnoxious. I think it is good that they are just seeing it as humorous because otherwise they would seem mean and surely she will be out really soon.

And Keo is paying his dues, for sure.

Nancy has always had this same affect but with less joy in the past.. maybe having kids has given her perspective.. before it was all about her legally blind mom trying to see her performances and I think her resenting all the smaller and more flexible opponents and Tonya was the more athletic one.

Nancy was of course a good skater but sort of boring..

Hopefully she will relax more. The judges clearly like her and she won't have to go first for awhile

Maks is flying out for treatment.. whatever it is isn't trivial. Calf muscle. I hope this is fixable quickly. Allen who stepped in did great but I assume this was Mak's choreography this week.

I didn't see Simone's scoring.. thought it was low.

Numani 32
Rashad 32

Heather 30

Bonner 29
Simone 29

Erika 28
Nancy 28

David 27

Charo 25
Chris 25
Nick 25

Mr T 22

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't know why these "stars" take this gig if they know they won't be able to really compete due to back, neck, or leg surgeries. They take up a spot for someone who can physically compete.

And Charo... can go NEXT WEEK!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I used to wonder about that too but people watch for a whole lot of different reasons and enjoy different things. Some like sad stories, some like comeback stories, some like older stars doing well for their age, some like stars fighting adversity, some like athletes, some like seeing people improve and some like good dancing.

Charo is just too much. Keo is getting payback for offending the DWTS gods. He practically has to tackle her every thirty seconds or it would be chaotic. It's probably merciful that Chris was eliminated. The rest are fun to watch. Good cast.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like most of the cast this year, with the exception of Chris and Charo. (Does anybody else think Mr. T's mohawk looks like a hairpiece?) Totally love Sharna and Bonner together - he's just dreamy! Rashad is a very nice surprise. I thought Numani was a little overscored.

I am liking Nancy more than I thought I would. She is a beautiful dancer and seems to be really enjoying the process.