TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 07, 2016 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Come to think of it, Muffin, several years ago we had a bad seed here at The Clubhouse whose sad stories got some money out of a lot of us before we wised up to the fact she was a liar.

Do any of you remember that drama?

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wow, I never heard that story before, OG!

Was the person a long-time member?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I remember that.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't think so, Rupert. But as her stories got wilder and wilder we stopped believing her. I guess she finally went on the fresher marks as she disappeared from The Clubhouse.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We're not all that identified in general in "real life". I mean it's not like we ask our neighbors to show us their drivers license or we know for certain that the guy we work with has a wife and three kids.

However, I must say that gossip magazine stuff from unnamed sources is pretty unreliable.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Ophelia, I won't tell if you don't! I do take everything I hear and read about with a grain of salt. And when it comes to Kate and Jon, I especially don't. She is raising 8 kids without a father around. I don't care if she has babysitters, or help, she is still the only parent doing it and with no money from Jon. I don't have to like her to recognize the situation she is in and feel a little bad for it. He copped out of helping to support his kids. It can't be easy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
According to the twins in the People Magazine article, they didn't speak out about Jon until he went on some radio talk show or tv? and started talking about how he wasn't allowed to see his kids.

Kathyb

05-17-2006

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathyb a private message Print Post    
Didn't he sign away his parental rights in exchange for not having to pay child support? He's lucky he sees any of them. Since he's not legally entitled to visitation, it sounds like Kate leaves it up to the kids themselves. I think that's a very wise decision.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh when I read the claim "she leaves her kids with babysitters"!

So basically they think she should leave the kids home alone?

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Ophilia- I remember reading some of her stories and I was concerned because I have dealt with a sociopath before. I remember reading them to my family and really questioning if that person was telling the truth. Sociopaths are like parasites..they move on once they are caught. I'm sorry you all were taken advantage of.

As far as the response that Cricket posted. It sounds like it would be Jon.

Has anyone seen Karuuna? I haven't seen her posting, not even for BB.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll answer (though she'll probably see this). Karuuna is fine and she has been posting. Maybe not as much recently but it's just because she is busy. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Good to know she's okay. Thx Jimmer!

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer. I haven't seen much of you either. It's been such a weird bb season and haven't seen people we see every season. Jimmer..what part of Canada are you from?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

I'm always happy to chat so everyone please feel free to post in my member folder or send me a PM or email. :-)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Keldogg stated:
So basically they think she should leave the kids home alone?

I don't think anyone thinks Kate should leave her kids home alone; I think one poster mentioned teenage babysitters, with which 8 children could be overwhelming.

Kate is constantly saying she does all this all ALONE, which is just not true. Never has been. They've shown nannies and housekeepers in the house sometimes and countless people in the area have stated there are always helpers there. Kate does travel a lot.

I stand by her being the sociopath, not Jon. He was just the rebound sucker when Kate's fiancée dumped her.

I feel bad for these children. Sometimes people think they want children and then it becomes too much for them to handle.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I still feel this would be a good time for John to have temporary custody of Colin. Maybe Colin just needs and wants his Dad. Jon needs to step up and if all agree, Kate needs to loosen control.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I read 'alone' as not having a partner to help her make important decisions...and maybe unimportant ones too.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
people leave children with teenage babysitters all the time. I babysat a family with 6 children under the age of 10. they all survived. and whose to say she only had one at a time.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'd hate to have my life under the microscope of a reality show. I'd get pilloried for sure. Just never learned to walk on water.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Last time I tired, OG, I sunk! LOL
Babysitters, nannys, friends, family don't replace a partner that is there day in an day out, offering support, guidance, we are in this together no matter what support.
People you pay just don't fill all the boxes.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Well said, Texannie!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Thanks OG!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here's a update on Colin:http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kate-gosselin-shares-update-on-son-collin-hes-chugging-along-w451511

The new season starts in a few days without Colin at this time.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
I watched the show. Colin was with them, but they showed very little of him on camera. He was very subdued and quiet. He looked a little sad and lost. I've always liked Colin, I hope he does well in his new school.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't put a child with Jon.. just wouldn't. But I thought Colin was one who chose NOT to go to Jon's.. could be wrong.