TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 09, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Spring Baking Championship - Sunday 9pm - FoodTV: Archive through March 09, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So why would a baker be traveling a lot? For competitions maybe, I was trying to figure out if his job was a baker why he would have to travel all the time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow Dwayne's cake was really beautiful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Darn, I missed Andy's cake, only saw the last of the critique.

Damiano (is that his name) has a very pretty cake.

I think Andy had a pretty impressive topper from what I remember of him finishing it off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and do they coach them to have a sob story for the end about how much it will help their family, their self esteem, their American dream? Practically everyone was crying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Andy's cake was extremely impressive presentation wise, and I love, love, love vanilla cake.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And the Spring Baking Champion is......Andy! His cake was very impressive.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it was very pretty, but were the flowers on the cake edible or slik? While he was making the cake it looked like he made the flowers, but when it was done they looked different

I was shocked about the fondant cake, but so many do that. and he served the fondant!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Dipo - you are right, I don't think you can get on a "reality" show without a good "story"!! And when Bobby wanted to talk to Andy, and Andy was choked up, I was thinking the same thing! You do have to put the money aside, and start thinking of bake one thing at a time!

(and I did order a "mini cake" with buttercream, dd thought they could decorate the cake easier with buttercream! It was $35, I decided not to spend $45 on a very small white chocolate mickey and minnie!
http://tinyurl.com/q4j7puf
I think thats a link - you can see the white chocolate figures and most are fondant cakes that would be over $100 The one with a shape of MM I think that one is under $50

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Andy knocked it out of the park. Although I thought Dwyane's was awesome too but it looked a bit more like a grooms cake.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was rooting for Dwayne, but Andy's wedding cake was much better, so he deserved the win.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I wondered if Damiano's cake would hold up - doesn't that frosting slide when it gets warm? and just watching, not tasting, I didn't think his cream was going to be that good, I thought it would make the cake soggy -

I do like how the judges make sure and say positive and negative things about each cake.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Starts up again April 10.

Anyone watching All-Star Academy?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat, I love All-Star Academy. I'm looking forward to the new season of Spring Baking Championship also.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying All-Star Academy as well. I like Alex and Andrew as mentors... Robert Irvine strikes me as a bully... something about his interactions with the guest judges... and I think Curtis really whiffed it when he was eliminated. It almost smacked of taking a dive. He's been a judge on these type of competition shows so I'm surprised he would do something so simple with his treatment of the pretzel... by leaving it a pretzel. Not saying it didn't taste good... he just didn't transform the ingredient.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have never heard of a Grooms welcome basket. I was thinking they would have them make a grooms cake.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
BOOOOO....I thought the guy should have won! Or the lady who did the cake from Italy, was not happy that Jane won. Oh well, they never pick the one that I think should win.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I agree with you.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Without tasting the cakes I liked Italy best. It was an OK season. The holiday bake seems to be more festive....LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I totally agree, I thought it was between Susanna and Dan.

I felt like that about All-Star. The winner should never have won, she burnt her meal when Zoe was eliminated. Burnt the duck! Come on, she should have been toast in that round and it should have been Zoe and Lee in the end.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yea! This starts this Sunday! Two episodes in a row according to my guide on Food Canada

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It appears they have a new host for Spring Baking Championship, some former football player I think. He may have been one of the judges for last weeks Worst Cooks In America final. I wonder what happened to Bobby Dean and why anyone over the age of
7 is called Bobby.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol. It seems to suit him somehow. But I hear you, one of my ex husband's relatives always added nnie on the end of his name, used to irritate me.

Jesse Palmer is a nice Canadian boy. He is a sports commentator so hopefully he does well.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Jesse Palmer was also a Bachelor... many, many years ago.

I think Bobby Deen only does the Holiday Baking Championship... I think.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Was he? I don't think I saw that one. I missed a huge middle chunk of the Bachelor franchise.

Bobby has hosted Spring before(if I recall correctly). He hasn't hosted the Halloween one that I remember.

I do love this series of comps.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yep.... 2004. Jesse Palmer was sandwiched between Bob Guiney and Byron Velvick...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bachelor_(U.S._TV_series)

No clue why Bobby isn't hosting... and Food Network is being mum about it. Hmmm same judges as Holiday Baking Championship... I really like Bobby as a host. Good flair and presence.