TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Hunted: Archive through February 11, 2017 users admin

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, February 03, 2017 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if the couples have to stay together? I would be tempted to split up with one going one way and the other a different direction.

The teams seem to be given information that at a certain time, they will be given notice to RUN. It would be good to have a money reserve on hand ready to go on notice, the same with the burner phone, buy it ahead of time.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 03, 2017 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think they have said but I doubt that they would allow them to split up. Twice as much work catching them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 03, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect that they cannot split up, and are not allowed to bring cash or old burner phones.

I know they are pretty restricted geographically, but there must be so many rules..

Kearie

07-21-2005

Friday, February 03, 2017 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
They get an hour's notice before the 'hunt' begins.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
interesting article. The author really investigated how and if a scenerio was possible

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2017/02/hunted-fact-check-enterprise-car-rental/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And of course with a camera crew, it would be more difficult to blend in with the homeless... but if I could approach someone legally moving from camp to camp, I might be able to hide with the crew and offer that footage to help my helper in the end.. and some share of the $ million or more likely some help with getting housing.

Sea, I don't think it's even a million. More like $250,000.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
-Oops.. but I might share..

Not that I would go on such a show..

NO way is someone coming in here and messing with my stuff or my cat..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interesting article, Pamy.

Now I wonder if the cameras are with them all the time..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They have GoPros also.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes they say that some of it is filmed by the contestants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And WOW, 32 hunters after 4 people per episode, the odds are terrible, LOL.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Gosh, this show is no fun anymore. No matter how good/sneaky their strategies are they keep getting caught.

One thing I've learned watching this is to stay away from ATM machines! That seems to have been the demise of several teams. I wonder if writing checks would be better. It might give you at least a day before it hit your bank & flagged the hunters, and hopefully you'd be long gone by then.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They do some stupid stuff (going to Taco Bell and then sitting in the parking lot), though they have my empathy because hiding out like that can't be easy. What a shame though. Two weeks roughing it and then to get caught at Taco Bell. LOL - Good ad for Taco Bell though.

I like the guys who are kayaking. They're trying hard and they have a sense of humor.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I have to agree that it's gotten boring. It seems inevitable that they all get caught. And that makes it too predictable.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The big problem is that they don't have enough money to survive without going to a bank or contacting family and friends and that exposes them to the hunters. I guess they aren't allowed to beg for money or ask family and friends for money because that would help a lot if they could do that. Or they could stop at a friend's place and stock up on food and necessities that they could take with them.

Plus their family and friends seem awfully willing to give the hunters information about them. They simply shouldn't say anything.

I think the best way to win this game would be to go camping for four weeks.

There must be a lot of rules that we don't know about.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think the rules are too strict on the ones fleeing. They should be able to do anything they would do in real life. Like draw out all their money at one time, borrow money, etc.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I agree family members/friends are way to helpful. Except Emily's father, the pastor... I wouldn't have let anyone in the house either or let one of the hunters look around.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Once again, the hunters intimidate family or friends into coming onto their property and searching. I get that the 'players' have agreed to let them into their homes but NOT the friends or family! It just galls me that they go on private property and search inside homes all without a real warrant to do so.

If they can push the boundaries like that, why can't the 'players' take more then $100 out at a time at the ATM machines like real people can do? Oh wait, because it would give them more of a chance to hide longer! Duh.

The minute Sentra and Thu said "taco bell", you knew it was over! I love that Aarif and Immad keep adapting to new plans and hope they make it far!

David and Emily, who I predict are the pre-selected winners, just keep continuing to stay with friends and family and gosh - none of them have had their property or houses searched, have they?!

Sorry, I obviously like the show as I watch it each week but in our area, at 7:00, there is nothing on against it. Some shows I watch because it's fun to moan and pi$$ about the lack of reality so of course I will continue, lol!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I'm with Kappy, it is more fun to pick and moan over this show lacking in real life circumstances. First, how often does law enforcement (LE) get notice in one hour? Usually the bad guys are on the road for several hours before a search is started. Then LE has to do all the research for friends and family connections. On the show, it appears that the hunters already have done the research and are able to jump right into the search. Second, the hunted should be able to hoard as much money as they think is necessary. Third, it seems like the hunters are able to get information that LE would be required to get a court order for.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The show "claims" that the hunters are following the same procedures and timelines that real law enforcement would experience.

The biggest obstacle for the teams is the money and the limited geographical area. That is clearly a handicap.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes Jimmer...then the "hunted" should be able to have unlimited access to money (what they can get their hands on...not money belonging to the show). Especially with the limited geographical area

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Knowing they even might be on the show, could have prompted the the hunted to stash money as several places--post office boxes, storage units and the like. They should try to make better use of disguises--cut hair, shave beards and mustaches, dye hair and have these supplies with the money!
I was shocked to see them going thru bedrooms and computers and drawers at one girls mother's house! They really should not have been allowed to do that.
The Hunted really dont have much chance at success with all the CCTV, computer tracking and people hot on their trails.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Knowing they even might be on the show, could have prompted the the hunted to stash money as several places--post office boxes, storage units and the like.

I think that would be against the rules. I like the idea of disguises though.

As far as them coming into the houses, the families and friends let them in and agree to talk to them. Which is okay except they give far too much away. There's a reason why lawyers advise their clients not to talk. They don't have to talk to them at all.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this show gets more fake each week. We all know who the winner will be, we have since the 2nd ep. Id love to know what the ratings are for this show and how it compares in its slot

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I are totally enjoying this show. Those guys who are paddling around on that lake are Muslims and I understand they were participating during Ramadan, which means they are not allowed to eat or drink anything (even water!) during daylight hours. That had to be especially hard for them! I can't imagine the dehydration they were suffering, doing all that paddling! It was smart of them to change their appearance. I just hope it's not too late.

As soon as those two girls decided to go to Taco Bell, I told hubby, "They're going to regret this." I love Taco Bell, too, but couldn't they just hold out for a couple more weeks? Stupid!

The thing we're amazed by is the technology the hunters have available to them. Who knew there are license plate readers that can capture every single license plate that passes by on a freeway? That's amazing!

We're kind of looking at this as a public service program that illustrates how law enforcement can find you when you're on the run. I don't resent the hunters at all for doing their jobs. They want to be successful just as much as the people who are running.

Unfortunately, they won't show us the two weeks or so the runners escaped the hunters by hiding, cause that would be boring. They're only gonna show us the close calls or the captures. That's why it seems one-sided. They've all gotta get captured eventually.