TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Long Lost Family: Archive through April 07, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am so sucked in by this show...I don't know why shows like this always affect me and make me cry.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Me too. Totally. I also enjoy The Locater.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mods the title has a typo it's LOST not last.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sorry Mods, I was typing without my glasses on and very tired! I just noticed that when I logged on this morning.

I enjoyed The Locator too but I don't think it's on in my area any more.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Roxi, I haven't seen the Locator in a few weeks either. Guessing it's over for the season and may be back in a bit.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've put in a request for the mods to correct the title. (No worries, I'm the queen of the typos. Especially when I'm using my cellphone rather than my pc or tablet.)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, this show makes me cry like a baby. Of course, everything makes me cry like a baby but the stories are just so touching. I would love to see how they all are down the road. I loved the Locator too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, they do it with the editing and music, LOL. Notice how they draw certain things out, LOL, it does make me cry though as well.

Plus it is heartwarming to see the people get together when they have been looking for so long.

I especially enjoyed the one where the young man got to meet his Mom and Dad, and had 4 sisters. Cracked me up that the Birth Dad said he finally got his son.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved that one and the young man and his parents were so generous and lovely.

I know they are manipulating me to a certain extent but it doesn't bother me. Like last night's episode with the man in the wheelchair...he and his daughter were both so lonesome for one another (did I hear right that the birth mother was 50 and her family made her give her daughter up...talk about a different culture!)...I truly always hope that they turn out well and would like to see follow up shows a year or so out to see whether the relationships has endured.

I thought the one was interesting where the woman was certain that the reason she was given up for adoption was because she was bi-racial when in fact that turned out not to be the reason at all.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I thought they said the mom was 15. Could have been 50!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, March 28, 2016 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
When the family adopted her, the adoptive mother was 50.

The one I thought was interesting was when the daughter found out she was working with her birth mother.

It was a different one where the mom was 15 when she got pregnant.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, that makes more sense!

Did anyone catch the expanded shows last night that gave some insight into stuff that didn't air in the first show?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You all might enjoy Hollywood Medium With Tyler Henry... don't be fooled by the title.. this young man had a gift and he is so sweet!

And most of the time he has no idea who the celebrity is and they've all been blown away!

I don't see anything now until April 3. It is on E! or E! W HD or EHD..

People almost always cry..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've watched that a time or two and he is a very sweet young man. I think the next celebrity is Boy George.

I wonder if he does normal people or just celebrities...LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He did Boy George, who was very resistant.. finally George's manager, who was listening in, ran in and said that Tyler was right on and George did loosen up a bit. He said if he was to see him again he wouldn't bother with his makeup :-)

He really is incredibly gentle and sweet.

There was one reading he did where it was amazing.. he was experiencing something and literally had sweat pouring off his forehead.

When his mother drives him they crack me up.. she tends to run into curbs. I think Snooki is coming up soon.

One of my former neighbors (she died a few years ago) had two daughters and one was psychic and did readings at the Psychic Eye Bookstore when it was here in Fountain Valley.

I asked Barbara if it was hard on her daughter to be getting messages all the time and she said yes, it was often disturbing and draining and her daughter tended to be pretty reclusive. I'd see the daughter walking in from the parking lot and she didn't interact with people much. The daughters sold Barbara's condo so I don't know where they ended up.

I was wondering if Tyler read for regular people.. I imagine he does or he did but somehow he caught on with celebs and good for him if he can be paid by they show.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I had a neighbor who was adopted AND gave up a baby for adoption! Her biological daughter found her because when she asked for a birth certificate, or some document, they didn't black out her birth mom's name (my neighbor) and so she was able to make contact. and that's when I found out that my neighbor was also an adoptee.

My neighbor ended up finding her birth family, as her birth mother had passed away. but she was in such a very needy place in her life she did end up scaring away her biological daughter, I was so glad the daughter still had her adopted mother to support her through it all. the first months were so sweet - my neighbor let me come with her to the initial meeting - it was very powerful.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Quite the experience, Reader. Too bad it was too much in the end, but there are so many emotions, good and bad, I guess.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay. That man and his daughter looked so much alike...and the woman and the pictures of her mother...Yes, I cried.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 04, 2016 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I couldn't get over the fact that the father and daughter BOTH worked in animal conservation! Goosebumps and tears.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was surreal.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I noticed on the online TV schedule that there are three episodes of Long Lost Family: Reunited
on Monday night, April 18th. The normal show is on Sundays.

these are episodes 4,5, and 6. How did I miss episodes 1,2 and 3?

Val

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I could be wrong, but I think those are repeat episodes where they add more content in the form of text boxes at the bottom of the screen - they are previously aired episodes so your recover might have considered them repeats.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
oh, darn it, just like TLC to mess with my head, like they did with the Jill and Jessa, and Jill & Jessa countdown, ended with all kinds of double episodes and having to watch the entire thing as hubby was watching with me. You better believe the next day I went through the whole shebang and deleted the extra ones.

Val

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
In the same vein of crying watching a show, did anyone watch Two in a Million last night? I cried throughout the whole show. Not so much out of sadness but that pure joy when those boys met and the pure joy of the mothers knowing they were not alone, killed me!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Mamie, the show the week before had me in tears... The boy was aging very fast, looked old, had other issues, and a tiny girl that wasn't growing. To get a sample of blood from the boy they had to put him under, they thought he should wake in 15 min it took an hour I think,

I decided I couldn't watch this weeks!