TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 12, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through January 12, 2017 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I loved watching Amy light up with this attention!

Chris sure got points for outfitting his bike for her. I was surprised that he didn't have a helmet available for her. I wonder if it originally had a queen seat on it or if that was for her as well. I was concerned with her not having long legs to grip the sides & being toppled off the bike.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Everyone's reactions to Amy's motorcycle ride with Chris were exactly opposite of what I thought they would be. Jeremy and Audrey's reactions were especially surprising. Matt and Amy had been separated almost 2 years before the divorce was final. I don't think her going out with Chris is exactly "quick". Of course, for a child, a parent dating after divorce is probably quick no matter if it's 2 years or 20 years. Something seemed off about Jeremy & Audrey in the episode. I hope everything is ok with them. They just didn't seem themselves.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jeremy and Audrey have self defined as marriage experts and I think they harbored thoughts that they could be the ones to bring Matt and Amy to their senses and have them reunite. Not realistic if course.

I also think he is drawn to the farm and to supporting his dad, but still wanting to live in Bend.

He may worry that at some point the farm will be sold and since he knows Zach just wants to be close to the farm but not necessarily on it and Molly seems to be moved on in life, Jeremy sees the farm as his legacy.

They don't mention Jacob, but personally I see him being the one down the line to demand compensation or what he sees as his share, though he is currently uninvolved.

The forshadowing for the next episode is Matt, again, wanting to replace the double wide.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
For Matt, the term 'hoarder' comes to mind.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He keeps a neat home, but then he has acreage and any number of barns where he can stash stuff.

I would say more a shopaholic.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I kind of wonder if maybe Matt has, if not full time, at least a day person who comes in to take care of his needs.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He seemed to be pretty mobile at tye point of filming.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But he does have a friend helping him out since he lost the help of Camerino.

I could see him creating a place that allows him to take care of himself but being Matt, he wants to create a compound with him in the center and coerce others to jump in.

That last snark to Amy thgat Jer and Aug have expressed interest in taking over the big house, and Audrey's concern if they lived upstairs that Amy would have wikd parties downstairs, and her admission,again, that hervreal goal is that Amy goes back to Matt.. Audrey needs to live her own life.

and do they really think all the other kids will just hand the place to them?

I think Zach and Tori are fine with that and are standing firm so far that they will help at the farm, but are not moving in.

Maybe Molly will be happy walking away.

But Jacob.. I see him wanting compensation.

I know Matt wants to write children's books, which is cool. Maybe he sees people flocking to the farm and his storytelling being part of the tour.. but it always comes back to him wanting funding from Amy and saying she won't "let" him do anything.. while he keeps spending money and hiding it.. with cameras rolling.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I still don't know what the terms of their divorce was concerning the farm, homes, and money they had in savings or retirement funds. Was everything split 50/50 but she got the house and he got the dblwide. Was there compensation on the difference between the 2 homes? Their divorce settlement has me scratching my head. But I guess since they always fought over money while they were married why wouldn't they do the same in their state of divorce living on the same property and managing the farm on a 50/50 split. Although I doubt Amy puts 50% of the time in that it takes to run the farm. Then when you factor in the twins helping run the farm it gets even stranger. I'm exhausted thinking about the way the family works. But they seem to be less confused than me. :-).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure.. I hope they are only acting confused for the show. And I'm sure they have more in writing.. I would hope so.

Matt did say something I think when he was at the auction.. that these were business expenses.. Amy seemed to consider that sort of thing personal since he just went out and bought them

I assume she doesn't charge the costs of a limo or a party she throws to the business.

The Glamping, maybe.

They should have done something to equate their housing, for sure and I would think he could use modifications to his home or something custom.. I just shake my head when he expands that greatly.

But some sort of accomodations like back in the days of Ty Pennington makeovers where they would put in all sorts of stuff into a home so that a person with limitations could sleep, bathe, and do all activities of daily living without help.. Matt could use some of that.

And Jeremey, who does want to come back and live on the farm, dubbed the "compound" a "nightmare'.

I also don't know how much income, if any, they get from the salsa products created by Amy and produced by Matt and Amy.

The wedding business .. no idea if they are done with that or not.

If they had the right setup they could just rent that area out and not be the actual wedding planners.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
It sounds like they divorced but remained equal partners in the Roloff farms businesses, which includes all buildings on the farm. She probably got to live in the big house, but I bet it is owned by the Roloff farms business & still half his - which was why there was a concern about the security cameras invading her privacy.

I'm sure it's messy with them starring in a TV show that centers on Roloff farms businesses - whether it be salsa, pumpkin sales, tourist destination, etc. (wedding business, B&B etc.) I would bet the salsa, pumpkin sales, tourist destination, etc. are all losing money but the TV show is making money & absorbing the losses.

If they had a business with all but the TV show, I'm sure by now it would have been written off as a hobby by the IRS & nothing (not even a castle throne) would be tax deductible.

He said she would have to authorize the payment of another house (or compound) on the property & that his purchases were for the business. Technically they are but she didn't approve them & they can't be returned. I guess they could be sold on ebay or at an auction house. If they weren't quite so frivolous, I would think he was accumulating assets.

I'm sure they want to try to set themselves up with a viable business when the TV money goes away but I see them (the show & businesses) as so interrelated that the other ventures are just hobbies.

At least with the real estate & houses, they may be able to recoup some monies but with the housing being "out in the sticks" & custom crafted for vertically challenged, it may be really hard to recoup even a fraction of what they've put into it but while they are living in it, it's comfortable for them.

I don't know why, for now he doesn't create a tiny house, perfectly suited to his needs maybe adjacent to the DW for when he had guests or company.

I'm sure the TV show paid for the limo & yacht for Amy's birthday party.

I would guess the show would have been pretty much wrapped up without the divorce & events following.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True, the show could have paid for the limo and yacht..

The auction items they showed were definitely frivolous. In the past he has bought allbsorts of vehicles, a barn for the wood, allvsorts of things.

Amy has her foundation, which I think is a nonprofit, so some of her event expenses would be deductible.

Definitely complicated.

I agree about a modest but customized house for Matt, but modest isn't on his mnenu and it sounds like he wants more distance from Amy.

However I think his office/tye business office is close to the big house.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 2:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I found a 7 year old map of the property with areas marked. It was mentioned that they had (at that time) 100 acres.

It doesn't show the DW but has the big house - 3 barns - a gift shop & other buildings & they are all clustered fairly close. I don't know if the DW was put in with the divorce in mind though.

http://mattroloff.com/talk/showthread.php?p=187244

Here is I assume a more current satelite map but I don't see where the DW is on it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.6002214,-122.92325,176m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 2:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought he originally brought in the DW after he burned down the house they were using for the bridal parties to use before a wedding. As usual, his timing was close in terms of would the bride have a place or not.

I assume that when he moved out, he took over that home, or brought in another.

I was out googling and it seems the charge for a tour, they sell food and tshirts, honet and salsa, pumpkins, and pay to pose with Matt.

They even sell dirt clods in jars.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It looks like there is a smaller house where the double wide was..

Google is claiming 2017 on the image,at least.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
A couple of years ago I purchased a jar of Roloff dirt as a gag gift.
AC

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
See Tori's baby boy bump:
http://people.com/tv/little-people-big-world-zach-tori-roloff-baby-boy/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Awww.... so happy for all of them!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they will be great parents.. so happy for Zach and Tori.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Very strange watching the kids deal with Amy's dating.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pretty neat they way they announced the baby to all four grandparents at one time.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Although I did think it was cute, I was wondering why they didn't do it on wearable T shirts. A baby would look strange wearing a onsie with "I'm going to be a grandpa" & it won't fit anyone else.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they would be keepsakes for each grandparent, sort of like a card.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the little onesies didn't make sense at all. But they sure were cute! So sweet how tickled everyone was.

So cute to see Amy dating. I'm highly suspicious of her date and suspect he may be a player. I don't want to see her broken hearted!

Matt should build his little dream house. Might as well. He will never leave that farm and needs a house he can manage in.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think they were meant to make sense, just be a sweet way to make 4 first time grandparents super happy.
Ohh, I hope Amy's guy isn't a player. He seems so sweet.

I agree.. Matt should build his home but stop with the compound stuff. Of course he is also coming up with plans for the treehouse.. supposedly for a child who isn't even born yet..

One thing you could never call Matt is slothful or lazy! His mind never ever stops.