TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through October 24, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wasn't a huge fan of Nora's creation, which is unusual because I have liked her stuff before. I do think she was a shoo-in for the finale though. I would have been hard-pressed to pick between the three guys, but I feel like they had liked Evan's progression through the competition.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the charm of Nora's character is that it was very different than anything she did before, while others had characters that resembled ones they did before.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've had difficulty remembering which past works were which of the males, I don't think they've stood out like finalists in some of the other seasons.

Today my dvr taped a short episode (15 mins) of Face Off called "First Looks." I don't know if it will be repeated on Tuesday's show, but it was pretty good, showed basically the start of the next challenge and them getting some feedback from Patrick Tatopoulos. Then it ended really suddenly... don't know if that's where Tuesday's episode will start off.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
My DVR only recorded the first 15 minutes.. and I thought DRAT... and then I see that it was a first looks (From Kitts post) ... so glad I don't have to take a hammer to my DVR!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What a great finale! Very impressive and Congratulations Nora. I think in the end it was down to her or Evan. Ben had that one so so make up as well as imo the least successful short. With Evan and Nora's I wanted to see what happened next. I'm not sure how they are going to top this next season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 10 starts in 2 days. Wednesday, Jan 13. It feels like it just ended.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 11, 2016 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yay, I enjoy that show and don't really care who wins, I just like looking at their creations.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the guy that went home deserved it. Even earlier in the show when it took him all day to make a tiny chin and a pointy nose, I was thinking he doesn't know what he's doing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a lot of people on this show have experience, I wonder if they test them or get them by reference. The materials seem to be complex, not something a novice can go in.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When the small blocky nose didn't match the entire cowl/rest of head his partner had created, he actually thought there should be a discussion about which design should change! He really was in over his head.

I was expecting this to be on last night, but they've changed the day to Wednesday.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They were all so bad tonight!! The top two looked good from a distance, but also looked rough close up, and the bottom ones were spectacularly awful.

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I agree they all looked bad up close. I wouldn't have named any of them as a winner. What I thought was horrible was they only had to do a face and they had the 3 days to do it. The results should have been way better. At least that is my opinion only worth my 2 cents. lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 10, 2016 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
awwww, I was sad that Robert went home :-( But from the beginning I have thought if he didn't make it in the makeup business, he should take up acting. He seems like he would do well as the villain in an action movie or a superhero movie. His accent is so perfect for that.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I agree Naja. He always made me laugh but it was definitely that that was his downfall as well. Perfect villain with his sly looks and accent. I always thought he was some friend of Boris and Natasha come to life.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Robert seemed more about being on camera than about creating camera-worthy makeups. I think he is very talented but I really think he wants to be on camera and not behind the scenes. Unique character, that's for sure.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Darn, I forgot to watch again last night. I'm having the hardest time remembering to watch on Weds nights this season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was a good one but I will admit that I fell asleep and do not know who was eliminated! Hard to see anyone go at this point (but if I was to guess it was either Mel or the cute blonde kid).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
last night there was no question that they were taking that persons history of creation in account and not the one case. Yes the sculpting was good but had no connection to the body, where the scales disappeared into plain skin and limited color was too abrupt for me.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think you're right Sadie. Rob's past work has been far more impressive. I would have liked them to keep them all for the finale, they are all very talented. I will say this was not my favourite challenge.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
For 20 years old, Rob is an amazing talent.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
For only 20 years old, Rob is an amazing talent.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I agree. I'm glad he won. :-)

I'm disappointed, though, I thought I saw at the end that the next season of Face Off won't be until 2017, which would mean no second season this year. :-( I sure hope I'm wrong, because I always look forward to Face Off.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 15, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Nope, you are correct, they said coming in 2017. Look at it this way, it is a reality program, don't want to wear out their welcome. It drives me crazier there are so many drama shows we get 10 of and then have to wait over a year for the next installment.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New season starts on January 24th and it's an All-Stars season!

Returning stars are:
♦ Gage Hubbard (Season 1) Los Angeles
♦ Tyler Green (Season 6) Litchfield, Conn.
♦ Cat Paschen (Season 6) Los Angeles
♦ Niko Gonzalez (Season 6) Los Angeles
♦ Rachael Wagner (Season 7) Los Angeles
♦ Cig Neutron (Season 7) Los Angeles
♦ George Troester (Season 7) Los Angeles
♦ Keaghlan Ashley (Season 7) Los Angeles
♦ Stella Sensel (Season 7) New York
♦ Adam Milicevic (Season 8) Los Angeles
♦ Emily Serpico (Season 8) Orlando, Fla.
♦ Logan Long (Season 8) Salt Lake City
♦ Evan Hedges (Season 9) Boulder, Co.
♦ Ben Ploughman (Season 9) Los Angeles
♦ Jasmine Ringo (Season 9) Las Vegas
♦ Melissa Ebbe (Season 10) Milwaukee

None of the names mean much to me (except Melissa), I need faces!

http://tvline.com/2016/10/24/face-off-season-11-all-stars-cast-premiere-date/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
This is one of the few shows where I like All Star seasons...these people are always so talented!