TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef in South Carolina: Archive through January 07, 2017 users admin

06-29-2002

Friday, December 16, 2016 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Cass_Cat, yes you are. No one is asking anyone not to comment.

We are gently asking that people be *courteous* and not include winner information, or elimination information in the first 5 words of your post.

Is it a problem to be courteous? :-)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, December 16, 2016 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Cass Tvch has a feature that updates you since your last visit, and it shows the first 5 or so words. So even if you don't expect to be spoiled, the updates have spoiled, many of us feel it's no problem to type lala etc, then post so others can still enjoy that feature

However, we do tend to forget, so a moderator has been known to have to work to help keep our community friendly to alll

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, December 16, 2016 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching last chance kitchen that can update me?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I watched, it's approximately 9min, and moves fast I enjoyed watching both Chefs...

Sam comes in, he faces George (is that right name?) Tom talks about how good Sams radish dish was (Sam called it a bon me, but used wrong bread). Today take celery and elevate it...

Sam made celery soup, and highlighted the celery 2 other ways, he seemed in control, strong. George used the 'white' bbq and wanted celery "dots". The dots were supposed to suspend in the nitro, but fell to the bottom he still used that, and that I think is why he lost. Plus he was a mess, he cut himself...

Sam asked how many more he has to win.. 11, what's the record win? 6 in a row...

06-29-2002

Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Reader... that's a good explanation. Many of our readers do use the New Messages feature. You can stay out of threads if you don't want to be spoiled, but you can't miss the first few words of each post.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
contradictions in definitions
Bánh mì (/ˈbæn ˌmiː/; Vietnamese pronunciation: [ɓǎɲ mî]) is a Vietnamese term for all kinds of bread. The word is derived from bánh (bread) and mì (wheat, also spelled mỳ in northern Vietnam). Bread, or more specifically the baguette, was introduced by the French during its colonial period.[1] The bread most commonly found in Vietnam is a single-serving baguette, which is usually more airy than its Western counterpart, with a thinner crust.

The term bánh mì is also sometimes used as a synecdoche for a "Vietnamese sandwich".

wikipedia

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Reader!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sadie, I was too lazy to find the correct spelling.

Sam chose a brioche for the radish, thinking the buttery-ness of the bread would highlight, I wonder if he hadn't called it a bahn mi if he'd still be in the competition

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought the fan votes were interesting.. and tgat maybe they just liked the green team.

Shirley is here in OC, so I am Team Shirley.. and have to watch out since our paper spoils results too.

And it seems Graham was just there tge one time..

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I think Graham will be back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Probably.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh reader, I looked it up for myself, I had no idea what he was going for and it was different than I thought. SOunds like it was more about the bread than anything on the bread.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Katsugi (not sure of spelling) is being obnoxious from the start..

Graham was back last night.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
The chef evicted
V
V
V
V
BJ

LCK winner
Sam

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Oh Sea, his tv persona has always rubbed me wrong...

So far I am not a fan of this format, the vets are true veterans and so experienced, they're obnoxious to me, but I can't root for the new people because I don't know them!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
LCK. Leftover edition

How can putting a huge turkey leg with an egg and gravy be crispy. Isn't that an automatic fail?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
xxxxxx xxxxxx
xxxxxx xxxxxx

xxxxxx xxxxxx
xxxxxx xxxxxx

I love Sam, I hope he wins 9 more. It seems that his personality has come out more this year.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Last chance kitchen, Ep 4. Sam vs Slvie. Vet vs Rookie top chef birthday curse (Slvie got cut on her birthday, I doubt lck was filmed on her birthday as the chefs said they'd been up 36 hours straight when judging was going on)

They had a cart filled with " lucky" ingredients. Orange, pomegranate, kale, eggs, sage, mushrooms branzino fish, pork.... lots of stuff

Sam took pork ran like crazy, his station was messy. Sylvia took the fish, tried making an aioli but she couldn't get blender to work. Sam made a "browned" butter,

Winner, "broke the curse -Sylvia".

I don't think she got 7 ingredients that egg was suspicious to me! Sams dish looked better, but the pork could've been over cooked, and the browned butter could've been burnt.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 30, 2016 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Huh.. not a big Sylvia fan but there is time for someone to take her out..

And on the actual show her potato salad sounded gross to me.

And I learned something I will never need to know but if you cook a pig head, there is a gland that should be removed and NOT included in your beans.. or any other dish because of a foul taste/odor.. Like I said.. not something I need to know because I have no intention of ever cooking a pig head.. but for Katsuji, he will never forget it!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
reader, the rookies are not such rookies, Sylvia has ownership in 3 restaurants, they are experienced, I think that Sylvia's team let her down, they should have tried to talk her out of what she did, classic potato salads with some clever adds could have been the way to go. Making it green, not the way. They really did not think of how they would go together, the whole team failed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sylvia seems pretty determined to do what she wants..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That potato salad looked some nasty.

So, if I'm reading this right Sylvia beat Sam in LCK?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
correct

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am shocked that Sylvia beat Sam.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
….................But did Silvia beat the next woman, the one who cooks like a whirling dervish?