TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 23, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Hunted: Archive through January 23, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New reality show starting tonight at about 10:00 on CBS (following the football game). It sounds like it could be interesting. If you are recording, you may want to add some extra time at the end in case the football game runs late.

About Hunted:

Hunted follows nine teams of two in a real-life manhunt as they attempt the nearly impossible task of disappearing in today’s vast digital world as highly skilled investigators combine state-of-the-art tracking methods with traditional tactics to pursue and catch them. From searching their targets' homes and scouring their internet and cell phone histories, to identifying behavioral patterns, Hunters in the field and Command Center investigators work together to identify clues to potential hiding places and collaborators that can ultimately lead to capture. Will the anxiety of being fugitives on the run cause teams to make a critical error, or will they be able to stay off the grid long enough to avoid being found within 100,000 square miles of the southeastern United States? A grand prize of $250,000 will be awarded to each team that successfully evades being caught for up to 28 days.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/hunted/about/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh boy, I can't wait to see how this goes, it should be very interesting!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Set this up to record!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm anxious to see how exactly this has been set up. The commercials have made it look good so I hope it lives up to it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, LOL...EvelDick ‏@EvelDick · 4m4 minutes ago
This first guy on #hunted was arrested 13 times, lmao!
Where's the BB detectives? What was he arrested for?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I can't wait to see this, LOL...EvelDick ‏@EvelDick · 2m2 minutes ago
Engaged couple has no chance. They will use their ATM at Starbucks or something stupid #HuntedCBS

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet, am just reading tweets, but it doesn't seem fair that they have to use ATM cards and can only pull $100 per visit. They can be easily tracked that way, not fair!, they should be able to pull all their money so they can go under the radar.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If you are recording it.. it seemed to start late due to sports and commercials.. I am recording the 8pm news following.

That certainly seems unfair.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Haven't heard much about rules.. they knew ahead of time so could plan.. in fact in one apartment they found one woman's desk calendar.. with the month ripped out but they could see the impressions from the pencil and had her planned itinerary.

So if they can plan ahead, couldn't they get cash, plenty of cash? And avoid that ATM thing where you can only get $100?

This seems quite produced and basically set up to show how great the investigators are.

But you can see mistakes of course.

I sure wouldn't sign up to let anyone crash into my home and take computers and such

And indeed the show ran over. My recording of the 8pm news starts with part of this show, so the 8-9 recording just runs out.

Not sure I will continue with this show since CBS is so dedicated to stupid sports desk.. it wasn't like that show had anything to say at 8pm but they sure kept running overtime anyway.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Anyway they caught the couple who had disguises but used an atm right in the bus station.. so were caught as they got off the bus.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
About 7 minutes over including the previews for next week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hmmmm, I will have to pay attention to this....Pam Rainey ‏@Pamy8697 · 49m49 minutes ago
#huntedcbs interesting how many great jobs the hunters had, the real mystery is why they are not still working in their field.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it seems really fake. the hunters have some really impressive FORMER job titles. I wonder why they arent still working in their fields. I found it kinda boring. Probably is more exciting to play than watch on tv

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought it was on at 10pm PST, did I already miss it?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Dipo!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Spoilers ahead if you care

The minute the one team used an atm machine in the exact place where they were going to take a bus, you knew it was over for them. But hey, she got plenty of her modeling shots shown on tv, eh?!

I was surprised that so many continued to call family and friends. Yes you need help but that would be such a quick way to get caught.

I was expecting more to go the homeless route in order to actually "disappear".

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
On the whole -- boring. Much of it is digital tracking and whatever info "experts" can find out about the "hunted" on the internet. I won't be watching again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well crap, it was on at 8pm, when I had nothing to watch, not at 10pm when I can always find something to watch. Oh well, I enjoyed the tweets, hahahahaha.

I will try it next week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well they give permission for them to bust into their homes and take anything.. so unless you could put all computers, etc at another location.. there is a trail.

But again, they know they are going to do this so unless there is a rule, why not accumulate cash, burner cell phones, get better disguises, etc.

Makes no sense without knowing the rules.

Since I follow thru hikers so much, I would have a backpack, tent, etc. and get myself near a trail (Pacific Crest out here) and then rely on hitchhiking since near the long trails that is really commonly done. Then stay off the grid.

But I'm sure there are rules against caching or mailing food boxes, etc.

In real life if you go on the run, they don't have that sort of info on you ahead of time.

Dipo it was on at 8 but started late.. in other words, brand new show but CBS already considers it a throwaway. Here they had "local" news scheduled after it so didn't care that this ran at least 7 minutes into that news.

One of the women, who knew she would be doing this.. I mean she had to take her daughter and dog to meet her sister.. but she had to search for her car keys? And her friend was super late in picking her up.

I think one pair went to a campground but I THINK one of them was making a cell phone call..

Another pair had a good friend and hid there and then they could tell there was a black SUV that kept driving by and they were correct, but when they tried to escape they did it in the middle of the night.. they got in the trunk of the friend's vehicle and had to drive by where they knew the SUV was parked and those people noticed the friend leaving in the middle of the night.

I guess next week we see if they have the power to stop and search his vehicle or not.

Kappy.. I wonder if some of them applied to be on "anything to get me on TV" and got stuck on this.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
hard to hide with a camera crew following you.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it yet but that's what I said in the New Reality Show thread where we were first discussing it. People spot Amazing Race teams with the cameras. It's a production.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The camera crews would make it very difficult.

They must have been told that they could not even pack a bag ahead of time. With the first couple, I thought it was stupid not to be ready to go, but then as new couples were added, it became clear that must have been a rule.

I agree with Sea, going completely off grid would be a much better tactic. Although if you've ever watched the show "I almost got away with it", you'd be surprised how many people get away with hiding in plain sight for a long period of time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched last night and I don't think this show is going to be a winner. But I did find the tactics used to find people interesting. It seems they were not allowed to stockpile money or supplies. Had to be more of a "pick up and go" type of a deal. Yes, it would help to know specific rules because they were obviously able to plan a bit and write things down.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I must be weird, (yeah, thanks, no comments please } because I liked it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, I liked it enough that I set a DVR series recording, but I don't see it getting a season 2 and I'm honestly scared we'll never see the conclusion of season 1!

I wonder if we'll have a pair eliminated each week.