TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 15 and Project Runway Junior: Archive through January 09, 2017 users admin

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
And that ridiculous tree dress won! I didn't think the loser, Lucas, was any worse than some others. And last week he made a gorgeous evening dress.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought the little Erkel kid should have gone.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Whenever I think the wrong person went home I remember the "show" must have wanted the other person to stay... Although I would have been ok with either going home... they both struggled.

I agree about the winning "look" because that was all it was... a look. Not a functional piece of clothing at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But then again we are talking about Project Runway...where a young girl who made craft projects managed to win the "big kids" version.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed in the craft project win of the adult PR but I was also disappointed in the non WOW factor in the other 2 collections - both lovely but not innovative. At least Erin's was different.

When PR Jr or a variation with teens first showed, they had kids super gluing flowers (or painting) a premade white dress - a real yawn fest.

The past couple of seasons, I have been blown away with the creations of folks that are inexperienced.

PR blows me away with 1-2 day concept to execution but I figure that they at least have a backlog of creations that they bring out to "fit" the challenge.

I have been so impressed not only by the creations these young folks have presented but their emotional maturity.

I've always felt they needed a 3 strike rule & especially for the young folks & especially for the unconventional challenge. I think people should get extra points for the unconventional challenge but shouldn't be sent home for tanking it.

I loved the ombre petal to tube dress but I guess if you wanted the most unconventional - the non-material astroturf item had to win.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
True... best use of unconventional materials.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Not to mention that I found that young man to just be very likeable which made me happy that he won.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Adult version reunion show was fun. Glad they showed how Cornelius was treated in red challenge. AND Tim didn't back down.

Starr

07-09-2005

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
No surprise that the "two mean girls" blamed editing for their bullying behavior! 😕

Cute that they all (lovingly) teased MahJing for his crying. Hahaha

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Project Runway Junior:

So happy that the little whiny boy went home (although I would have been equally happy if they sent them both home). Of all of the kids he seemed least prepared to take on the challenges and stress of this show.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Roxip... Tim used his Tim Gunn save on him... He said he would have used on either of them.

They were the worst prepared team, neither really understood the challenge or were comfortable with it... and I can't believe he forgot to put a zipper in the skirt!?!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot that part (dealing with a 19-year old with a serious head cold who is needy was about to get to me last night!). I told her "what a waste of the Tim Gunn save." Oh well, probably now a really good contestant will go home too early and T'Kai will manage to get through a few more episodes. Ridiculous!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I meant to say earlier how impressed I was that Tim was one of the fencers.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought I was the only one, that young guy is way too immature to be on this show. Tim was wrong here. Although I thought both should have left, he should not have used the save. The kid was whining, she was trying to keep them on track but it is hard to reign in someone with what looks like focus problems

I was surprised at the one girl saying now they had to work harder because they didn't have the save to rely on. hmmm.

Re the reunion show. I thought Cornelius was a horse's patoot for most of the show. He was the mean girl and very happy to be in that seat. During the challenge I didn't think Erin and the other guy were being bullies at all. Thoughtless yes, in their own little world yes, acting silly sure, talking over him yes, but I didn't think they were bullying Corny. Perhaps my definition of bullying is different. Too me that term involves intimidation.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I might not use the term "bullying" - but dismissive and thoughtless would certainly be terms that might come to mind. They pretty much bulldozed over any of his ideas and left him with all of the grunt work while they were off giggling in the corner about their glorious selves.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Re junior. I , too, was surprised with tim's save. Last 2 episodes he's been on bottom. The "sewing" on that shirt! While it was sweet....no.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
The girl made the top of the outfit.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly... during Tim's critique of Erin, Dexter, and Corny's pieces it was decided that Corny's skirt should be paired with one of the other pieces... leaving Corny minus a skirt. Did either of them offer to help Corny with his look and his skirt? No... it looked like they kicked back and took it easy. Not to mention... I also seem to remember he tried to voice his concerns with the color/fabric choices with Dexter-Erin but majority over-ruled him. Was he bullied in the classic sense of the word? But if Corny says that is what he felt bullied then who is anyone else to say otherwise?

Regarding Junior. Only time will tell if Akai (the kid) has the skills of most of the others... but I don't he'll last more than 2-3 weeks. How old is he and who is the youngest?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
My comment is because I think the term bullying is used willy-nilly. And sure he can feel any way he wants too. Jmo. Too me it's akin to people saying why are you yelling/screaming at me and the other person is not yelling. Maybe interpreted as yelling because of a strident tone if they're annoyed. I always wonder what people think yelling is nowadays.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I suppose that depends on their life experiences.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I did not use the word bullying in my post so I probably should stay out of this. I don't think that was bullying either. It was mean girls and I agree with Tim. They took his skirt and it "fixed" Erin's look (surprise a big ass coat) and then left him to make a pleated skirt by himself. They didn't think about anyone but themselves. They are not team players. I don't know that Erin is a bully but if we have to use the word then I believe that Dexter has bully tendencies and Erin didn't do the "right" thing, which is when my view of her flipped from liking her and wanting her to win. Just my observations, of course, jaded by my optics.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Jasper, what you are observing is that each person's experiences are different. For example, if someone standing next to you and I holds up a leather belt, chances are good you are going to be completely baffled as to why I run. Life has dealt different things to different people. Having compassion for others, who have different views, and understanding that their backstory may create reactions that are different than yours is a beautiful thing. I understand your perspective and may be slightly envious that it seems that you haven't had experiences in your life that cause you to know why people act the way they do. I'm happy for you, for sure!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well I feel admonished and there really is no need for the slightly sanctimonious comment. You don't know me or anything I've experienced in my life so the judgement you have levelled on me because I didnt share the opinion that something was bullying is baffling.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
We just watched the finale because we were so disgusted to have read that Erin won . Those clothes were ridiculous. I cannot imagine ANYONE wearing them , except maybe Erin. I thik she was planned for the win all along. I loved Laurent all season and though she held back some in her collection I loved it- and I also loved the guys collections way more than those things Erin showed. Sigh.

Hope someone starts a Junior thread for this season- we are watching Junior season 1 and then will watch this one.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sigh...I must be heavily out of touch with fashion. I was looking at some of the dresses worn at the Golden Globes and some of them were embellished with huge sequins (one yellow dress - can't remember who wore it) and Jessica Biel (I believe) wore this black/houndstooth (is that right?)/appliqued number that was considered "best dressed."